Boudreaux's All Natural Butt Paste - 4 oz. (113 g)
Boudreaux's All Natural Butt Paste was specifically formulated by a pharmacist with direction from a respected pediatrician to provide effecttive diaper rash care. It spreads on easily, cleans off quickly, and has a pleasant scent.
- Natural Ingredients Help Treat and Protect
- Natural Scent
- With Soothing Aloe
Frequently Asked Questions
What causes diaper rash?
Diaper rash is the most common dermatologic condition experienced during the first three years of life. It most commonly occurs in babies 6-12 months of age. The primary cause is prolonged or increased exposure to wetness to the skin. The other causes can be:
- Chafing from friction against diapers and/or tight clothing
- Prolonged contact with urine and feces
- When solid foods are introduced to baby’s diet
- When certain foods are eaten by a breast-feeding mom
- When taking antibiotics
- If the baby has sensitive skin such as eczema, he/she is more prone to diaper rash
- Irritation from a new product such as soap, wipe, diaper, detergent or fabric softener
How do I know if my baby has diaper rash?
Diaper rash is different for every baby and may have several different appearances, such as:
- Warm to the touch
- Dry, raised bumps
- Fluid-filled bumps
- Dry skin
When should I call the doctor?
You should call the doctor if your baby experiences the following symptoms:
- If rash blisters or bleeds
- Fever is present
- Cries in pain when diaper rash is touched
- Symptoms do not improve in 7 days or worsen despite home treatments
- Spreads to other areas
- Baby seems more uncomfortable than usual, especially during diaper changes
- What is the difference between zinc oxide and Dimethicone?
- Dimethicone is a skin protectant that forms a seal over the skin to prevent contact with potential irritants, such as urine or feces.
Zinc oxide is also a skin protectant that forms a barrier to seal out wetness, but it also cools as it protects your baby’s skin with antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
What should I do if the product comes into contact with the mouth and/or eyes?
If oral contact occurs, use a damp, clean washcloth to wipe the child’s mouth out and contact Poison Control toll-free at 1.800.222.1222 for recommendations.
If you have not already done so, immediately cleanse the eye areas with a soft cloth dipped in warm water and rinse the eyes with sterile saline. Call Poison Control toll-free at 1.800.222.1222, and also notify your physician to have them take a good look at your child’s eyes if exposure occurs.
How much Boudreaux’s Butt Paste should I apply?
Change wet or soiled diaper immediately, cleanse area and allow drying. Apply Boudreaux’s Butt Paste liberally in a thick, even layer to skin in diaper area.
It all started with a pharmacist in Louisiana who happened to have four small ones of his own at home. So he knew a thing or two about diaper rash. Nothing on his shelves was making his kids' butts very happy, a complaint he was also hearing from the parents in his pharmacy every day. So he began working on formulas of his own. Before long, he hit on a formula that would one day become known as Butt Paste. And the rest, as they say, is history.