Bamboo Studio 2 (14.75") Reusable/Disposable Square Serving Tray
Bamboo Studio Reusable/Disposable Serving Tray is part of Bamboo Studio's All-Occasion Bamboo Dinnerware collection. Bamboo Studio Serving Tray is great, stylish, eco-friendly way to serve your party guests. Bamboo Studio Serving Tray is also convenient to use as a placemat and put under children's plates to avoid a mess. Bamboo Studio Tray is strong and leak resistant. Bamboo Studio Tray is ideal to use in place of those other flimsy, disposable paper plates that bend under the weight of your food. Best of all, Bamboo Studio Trays are environmentally friendly! Bamboo Studio Trays are handcrafted from bamboo sheath, and no harsh chemicals or bleaches are used, so you can feel confident eating off of them. For those of you who are environmentally conscious, you should know that it requires little energy to make Bamboo Studio Trays and that Bamboo is 100% biodegradable.
Live Beautiful. Live Green.
Bamboo Studio is a revolutionary all-occasion dinnerware that is both disposable and reusable. Handcrafted from the sheath of the emerging bamboo plant, these dynamic new serving pieces are elegant, strong, and environmentally friendly.
- Strong and leak resistant
- Handcrafted from Bamboo sheath
- No harsh chemicals or bleaches are used
- Requires little energy to make and Bamboo is 100% biodegradable
Bamboo Studio Dinnerware is made from the bamboo sheath. The sheath is a protective covering found on newly emerging bamboo plants. As the plant matures, the sheath falls to the ground and most often is unutilized. Bamboo Studio's process collects these sheaths and then they are cleaned, boiled, laminated to the desired thickness, and pressed into shape. The result is disposable/reusable dinnerware that is elegant, strong and 100% biodegradable.
- Of all the disposable/reusable dinnerware on the market, Bamboo Studio dinner most closely resembles it's source material in it's natural form. Paper and sugarcane plates must first be turned into a pulp
- A significant amount of energy is needed to manufacture both virgin paper and recycled paper
- Traditionally, paper is made white by toxic chlorine bleaching that has a negative impact on rivers, lakes, oceans and our health. Even new technologies like Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF) bleaching, though less toxic, still cause damaging effects. Bamboo Studio Dinnerware is produced without using any harsh chemicals.
- Expanded polystyrene (styrofoam) can take centuries to biodegrade and coated paper products can take decades.
Some Facts About Bamboo
Bamboo is one of the world’s best sustainable resources. It can grow up to a meter or more per day and matures in 4 to 5 years. Bamboo takes in nearly 5 times the amount of greenhouse gasses and produces 35% more oxygen than an equivalent stand of trees, making it an efficient replenisher of fresh air. By encouraging the growth and utilization of bamboo, we can begin to limit the negative impact we have on our environment. And remember, because Bamboo Studio's serving pieces are crafted from the bamboo sheath, no part of the living plant is used.