Mommy's Bliss Heartburn Comfort Berry Flavor - 80 Chewable Tablets formerly Baby's Bliss
Mommy’s Bliss® Heartburn Comfort helps relieve the heartburn, sour stomach & acid discomfort associated with pregnancy. Their great tasting, non-chalky chewable tablets are 100% vegetarian and vegan and free from harsh chemicals, parabens and artificial flavors.
- only 1-2 tablets needed for fast-acting relief.
- natural berry flavor
- chewable tablets with no chalky texture
- no artificial flavors or colors
- no dairy, gluten or soy
- 100% vegetarian & vegan
Mommy's Bliss Pregnancy Heartburn Comfort FAQ's:
What causes heartburn during pregnancy?
Heartburn, also known as acid reflux or acid indigestion, is caused by the physical and hormonal changes in the body. During pregnancy, the progesterone hormone is secreted by the placenta which relaxes the smooth muscles including the valve separating the esophagus from the stomach. This causes gastric acid to move into the esophagus causing the burning sensation.
Is heartburn harmful to my baby or myself?
This condition is common in pregnancy and generally harmless though uncomfortable.
Will I have it throughout my pregnancy?
Most pregnant women begin to first experience heartburn at the end of the second trimester when their baby begins to press on their digestive tract causing the acid to seep back into the esophagus. However, some women are uncomfortable with heartburn earlier in their pregnancy.
What can I do to avoid heartburn?
- Avoid foods and beverages that aggravate the condition. These can be carbonated drinks, caffeine, highly seasoned foods, fried foods and acidic foods.
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals slowly.
- Avoid drinking large amounts of water during meals but drink adequate amounts throughout the day.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing around the abdomen.
- Do not smoke as this increases stomach acidity.
- Elevate your upper body at night so that the acid will not move upwards.
Is there anything that is safe and natural to give me relief?
There are many over the counter antacids but avoid those with aluminum and sodium bicarbonate. Aluminum can be constipating and sodium bicarbonate can cause water retention causing your hands and feet to swell. Products containing calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide provide immediate relief and reduce acid production. They also tend to last longer. Mommy's Bliss™ Pregnancy Heartburn Comfort has been created to address these issues especially for the pregnant woman.