Advanced Research Calcium Aspartate 350 mg.
Advanced Research Calcium Aspartate contains Calciumm which is a mineral that plays a role in the development and integrity of bones and teeth, heart rhythm, blood clotting, brain, nerve, eye and muscle function, blood pressure, kidney function, cholesterol levels, and decreases the risk of colon cancer and osteoporosis.
Calcium Aspartate is a bio-available soluble complex of Calcium l-Aspartic acid. A food fortified with minerals, makes sense if the nutrient is metabolizable.It is not only Calcium, but also particularly, the anion fraction (aspartate) of the ingested calcium source, which determines the bioavailability.The anion should be capable of physiological metabolism and be innocuous to the body. Both Calcium l-Aspartic acid are naturally available in human body. These requirements are met by aspartate.
Role of Calcium in Human Nutrition
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body, making up about 2 percent of total weight – typically 27 to 32 ounces in adult woman and 35 to 45 ounces in males. About 99 percent of this calcium is stored in the bones and teeth, and the remaining 1 percent circulates in the blood and is found in muscles, nerves, and other soft tissues. Only bout 20 to 30 percent of dietary calcium is actually absorbed from the intestinal tract into the bloodstream.
Building bones and teeth: Calcium gives their strength and hardness. Although bones appear to be rock hard and static, in reality, bone tissue changes constantly as calcium (and other minerals) move in and out – a process called remodeling.
Controlling muscle function and maintaining the heartbeat: Muscle tissue especially the heart, require small amounts of calcium in order to contract and relax normally.
Transmitting nerve impulses: Calcium is needed in order for a nerve cell to transmit its messages to other nerves or to muscles. In addition, calcium inside cells transmits messages to special receptors. Some of these messages are instrumental in controlling blood pressure and other body functions.
Calcium is useful in preventing and treating osteoporosis. It may also be effective in reducing that risk of colorectal cancer. It may be of benefit in some with hypertension and may diminish some of the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). A recent preliminary study has suggested that calcium may help reduce the risk of obesity.High calcium intake also reduces the recurrence rate of colonic or rectal tumors, especially in women with high-fat diets. Although no one is sure why calcium appears protective, it may be that it binds with potentially carcinogenic fatty acids and bile, rendering them harmless. Solubalization and ionization by stomach acid is key to bioavailability of supplemental calcium to the body. Calcium citrate is easity ionizable and hence increases the bioavailability of calcium. Calcium citrate is found beneficial as a calcium supplement in Osteoporosis, certain subsets of hypertensive and pregnancy.In many post-menopausal women, who need supplementation of calcium for osteoporosis there is a severe deficiency of stomach acid which leads to poor absorption of Calcium as supplement, 45% of calcium is absorbed, under the same conditions.
Nutritional role of Aspartic Acid:
Aspartic acid is a metabolic intermediate in several biochemical pathways.. in the body, including the tricarboxyliuc acid and urea cycles. Aspartic acid salts are believed to be mineral transporters to the metabolizing cells, aiding in the metabolic process by replenishing vital electrolytes thereby contributing to efficient energy production. In addition, the aspartate moiety is reported to reduce oxygen consumption by the cells during the energy cycle.