Dang Toasted Coconut Chips Original - 1.43 oz. (40g)
Dang Toasted Coconut Chips Original are a delightful treat with a strong coconut taste and buttery finish.
Dang Toasted Coconut Chips Original are:
- All Natural
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- No Cholesterol
- Good Source of Fiber
What are Dang Toasted Coconut Chips?
Made from the nutrient-packed copra, or meat of the coconut, our toasted coconut chips are a delicious snack that provides loads of energy. The meat is sliced out of mature coconuts then gently toasted until golden brown with a dash of sugar and salt. The toasting process brings out the natural sweetness of the coconut meat and turns it from white to golden brown. Professional tasters detect notes of vanilla, yogurt and pear. What do you taste?
Since copra is high in fiber, you don't have to eat a lot to feel full…a few handfuls and you'll be good to go. Dang thinks toasted coconut chips are the perfect snack because they satisfy your snack cravings quickly and give you a boost of energy.
Many cultures around the world have been subsisting on coconuts for generations, and rightfully so. This miracle tree nut has so many uses, it might just be the most versatile crop plant in the world. The husks can be burned to produce electricity, the juice is delicious, light and packed with electrolytes, and the meat can be eaten raw for a snack, pressed into coconut milk, or toasted for a truly special experience.
While great on their own, Dang Toasted Coconut Chips can be used to enhance other foods. Try them with:
- Ice Cream
- Trail Mix
- Cakes and Cookies
- Baked Goods
Here's to your Dang Health
Why is coconut good for you?
Copra (coconut meat) is rich in a particular medium-chain triglyceride (MCT): Lauric Acid.
- Heart Healthy: Lauric acid has been found to increase total cholesterol the most of all fatty acids. But most of the increase is attributable to an increase in high-density lipoprotein (HDL) "good" cholesterol. As a result, lauric acid has "a more favorable effect on total:HDL cholesterol than any other fatty acid, either saturated or unsaturated"; a lower total/HDL cholesterol ratio suggests a decrease in cardiovascular risk1
What are the other benefits?
- Energy Boost: Your body sees the MCTs in coconut and easily burns them as energy rather than store them as fat. Many bodybuilders take coconut oil supplements before exercising to get a natural energy boost.
- Immunity: Studies have shown that coconut oil can help our bodies resist illness from disease-causing pathogens and fungi.
- Sugar Regulation and Digestion: Coconut oil can also positively affect our hormones for thyroid and blood-sugar control. People who take coconut oil also tend to have improvements in how they handle blood sugar since coconut can help improve insulin use within the body. Coconut oil can boost thyroid function helping to increase metabolism, energy and endurance. It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
- Unwanted Belly Fat: One study found that women who consumed 30 milliliters (about 2 tablespoons) of coconut oil daily for 12 weeks gained less weight than those taking other another oil, and had lower amounts of abdominal fat.
Our Dang Story
Dang is named after Founder, Vincent Kitirattragarn's mother, who grew up eating food from some of the best chefs in the world: Bangkok’s street vendors. One day, she passed on her recipe for Thai Lettuce Wraps just like she used to have as a college student. Vincent found himself involuntarily snacking on one of the ingredients - Toasted Coconut. It had a strong, sweet aroma and a very satisfying crunch. He immediately called his family, who have been importing goods to the US for more than 30 years, and with that, their company was born.
Dang’s motto is “Dang, that's good!" They are forging ahead fast, bringing you unconventional culinary delights from around the globe. They’d love to hear from you!
At Dang, they value the 4 Fs and 3 Cs:
- Family - They are a family company, and as such they support each other to the fullest.
- Friends - They treat their partners and customers as they would treat their friends…with respect.
- Fun - They're happy and they know it!
- Food - They live to eat and they love to share what they eat.
- Culture - They're aware of those things that are ingrained by one's upbringing and value the richness of diversity that exists in this wonderful world.
- Community - They think community is the best way to live a fulfilling life on this earth so they strive to create beautiful communities and give back to their community.
- Creativity - They're into trying new things. They take risks, they experiment, they prototype and iterate…and they'll continue to do so always and forever.