Carlson Labs - Heartbeat Elite Scientifically Complete - 90 Tablets
Carlson Labs Heartbeat Elite is a comprehensive nutritional program to support a healthy cardiovascular system. It contains powerful antioxidants to combat free radicals, and B-Vitamins for improved blood chemistry. Heartbeat Elite has all of the essential minerals to maintain heart health and special nutrients to support cellular energy. Because you care about cardiovascular health as much as Carlson does.
Make Heartbeat Elite Part of Your Heart Health Program
Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
Helps maintain healthy arteries
Contains powerful antioxidants to protect body cells from free radical damage
Promotes normal muscle contraction
Helps transport fats into the mitochondria to be converted into energy
Encourages normal homocysteine levels
Promotes the normal electrical activity of the heart muscle
Helps maintain healthy blood chemistry
Promotes a healthy circulatory system
May help maintain healthy blood pressure levels
Helps maintain the strength of capillary walls
Helps maintain the integrity of cell membranes
Promotes a healthy immune system
Tablet color variations naturally occur. Cellulose coated. Preservative-free. Sugar-free. Yeast-free. Wheat-free. Milk-free. Gluten-free.
Heartbeat Elite's important nutrients that help maintain and promote a healthy cardiovascular system:
- Vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene is an active free radical fighter.
- Vitamin C is a water-soluble, antioxidant important in the body's defense.
- Vitamin D aids in the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus.
- Vitamin E prolongs the life of cells as a powerful antioxidant.
- Thiamin & Riboflavin (B-1 & B-2) are involved in cellular energy production.
- Niacin (B-3) is involved in cellular metabolism.
- Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine) encourages normal homocysteine levels.
- Folate helps maintain healthy blood and normal homocysteine levels.
- Vitamin B-12 (Cyanocobalamin) is utilized in the degradation of homocysteine.
- Biotin is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Pantothenic Acid is a constituent of co-enzyme A, which is utilized in cellular respiration.
- Calcium works together with magnesium and is essential for muscle contractions.
- Iodine is essential for growth and the production of thyroid hormones.
- Magnesium balances calcium and is important in the electro-chemical balance of the heart.
- Zinc is essential in supporting the immune system.
- Selenium is a vital component of glutathione peroxidase, a powerful antioxidant made within our bodies.
- Copper is a primary component of super oxide dismutase, a potent antioxidant enzyme.
- Manganese is involved in energy production and in the metabolism of fats and proteins.
- Chromium is directly involved in the conversion of glucose into energy.
- Molybdenum is involved in copper absorption and sulfur metabolism.
- Potassium is a major critical electrolyte in cellular fluids.
- Boron is linked directly to the utilization of magnesium and calcium.
- L-Arginine is an amino acid that supports the formation of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide plays a significant role in blood vessel dilation and is highly important in maintaining optimal blood flow.
- L-Carnitine is an amino acid, which plays a role in cellular respiration and energy production.
- Lysine and L-Proline in synergy with Vitamin C, help maintain vascular health. Lysine and L-Proline are involved in energy production and/or protein formation as well as other specialized functions.
- Co-enzyme Q10 is a compound critical to the energy cycle of all cells.
- Lutein is a fat-soluble antioxidant that supports cardiovascular health. Studies indicate that diets high in lutein are associated with a healthy macula and a healthy cardiovascular system.
Carlson Excipients Information
Your Needs are Important
Carlson Laboratories is keenly aware of what the health-conscious consumer wants in a nutritional supplement. Although nutritional supplements are chosen primarily for their active ingredients, the other ingredients (excipients) needed to make the tablet, capsule, or liquid are just as important to those concerned about their health. For this reason, excipients are only used in Carlson products when absolutely necessary and in the smallest amounts possible. When they are needed, Carlson's choice is based on naturalness and purity.
Holds the ingredients in a tablet together. One of three types of binders are used as required: Plant fiber known as cellulose, acacia gum from the stem of the Acacia tree, or brazil wax from the leaves of a palm tree.
Fills out the size and shape of a tablet or capsule making it practical to produce and convenient for the consumer to use. Plant cellulose (pure plant filler) is the filler of choice in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules. Soybean or safflower oil is used in soft gelatin capsules.
Expands when wet causing the tablet to break apart in the digestive tract releasing the nutrients for absorption. Carlson prefers to use plant cellulose as a disintegrate.
Prevents ingredients from clumping together and from sticking to the tablet punches or capsule filler. Common minerals, silica, and forms of vegetable oils known as vegetable stearin, magnesium stearate, or stearic acid are the most often used lubricants in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules.
Protects tablet ingredients from deterioration by moisture in the air and makes large tablets easier to swallow. For most coated tablets, a cellulose (plant fiber) film coating is used which is free of sugar and potential allergy-causing substances. Occasionally, other coating materials are used such as corn protein (zein) or an extraction from trees (pharmaceutical glaze).
Added to make the nutrients more palatable only in chewable tablets or liquids. Sweeteners found naturally in fruits such as fructose and sorbitol are chosen.
Flavors and Colors
Added to improve the taste or appearance of a formulation. Carlson uses flavors and colors only when necessary and choose the natural ones.
Vitamins are organic compounds that are necessary for normal growth and maintenance of life. As we are unable to synthesize vitamins, we must rely on foods and food supplements to maintain adequate amounts in our body.
Thirteen essential vitamins have been isolated and these are divided into two categories, water-soluble and fat-soluble vitamins. The water-soluble vitamins include Vitamin C and the group of B-Vitamins. These water-soluble are not stored by the body and can be readily depleted. The fat- soluble vitamins A, D, and E remain in the body for longer periods of time.
Although minerals make up only a small fraction of total body weight (4-5%), they are essential for human metabolism. Minerals act as the catalysts for many biochemical reactions within the human body. They are involved in responses of the nervous system and muscles, the absorption and secretions of the body's fluids, and maintain a delicate water balance within the body. The bones and teeth of our body have high mineral contents which accounts for their hardness and rigidity. Minerals, like vitamins, must also be supplied by dietary means as we are unable to synthesize them in our body.
About Carlson Labs
Founded by John and Susan Carlson in 1965, Carlson Laboratories has been a family owned and operated business for over 40 years. Since no one cares more about quality than the people who put their names on it, Carlson Laboratories is dedicated to providing only the highest quality nutritional supplements.
In 2010, Carilyn Anderson and Kirsten Carlson (daughters of John and Susan) took over as the new management team of Carlson Laboratories. Today the Carlson sisters continue to ensure that the Carlson family name represents the quality supplements people have come to expect.
Carlson Laboratories began with one vitamin E formula. Since then, the line has grown to become the most complete line of natural vitamin E products in the world. Carlson Laboratories product range has expanded through the years to meet the nutritional needs of their customers. Their product lines now include award-winning Norwegian fish oils, a full line of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, special formulations and nutritional supplements.
Carlson Laboratories high quality nutritional products are key components to achieving optimal health.
They are a family owned and operated company dedicated to providing their customers superior products based on accepted scientific research. The first and foremost consideration at Carlson Laboratories is quality; they will not sacrifice their high standards for any reason.