Mad Gab's Wildly Natural Hand & Body Butter Juicy Mango - 2 oz. (56.7g)
Mad Gab's Wildly Natural Hand & Body Butter Juicy Mango combines ultra-moisturizing shea butter and olive oil in a formula that soothes dry hands, feet, cuticles, pregnant tummies... the list is endless. Mad Gab's Wildly Natural Hand & Body Butter Juicy Mango is made with 75% organic ingredients in a travel-sized recyclable container; your skin and the planet will both feel the love!
About Mad Gab's
They are a fun bunch of hardworking folks who have been making natural body care since 1991 when Gabrielle "Gab" Melchionda stumbled across a recipe for lip balm. It’s a funny story…
… that started when Gab flunked a math class at Umass, Amherst in 1991. While taking the class over (in order to graduate) she came upon a recipe for lip balm and thought it looked easy enough to make.
Armed with beeswax from her neighbor and supplies from a local health food store, Gab went to work in her mother’s kitchen. At first she gave it away to friends, but soon everyone was encouraging her to sell it in stores. So she did.
By Gab's senior year Mad Gab’s was in 10 stores and she was officially in business! Having come up with a logo, displays created from salvaged coffin wood, and finally figuring out some legal and accounting (again with the dreaded math!) issues, she was on her way. Or so she thought.
It turns out Gab didn’t really know what she was doing, so the year of 1996 found her in a business incubator called Gasoline Alley. Here she learned all about accounting, marketing plans, balance sheets, profit and loss statements and what it would take to earn a living selling her lip balm.
Gab completed her work at Gasoline Alley and headed to Maine with $40 in her pocket and a lot hope. She took on a 200 square foot space in Portland, and over the next 12 years built a great crew of fellow Mad Gabbers, plus a much longer list of products enjoyed the world over. Mad Gab's is now located in a 4500 square foot space in Westbrook’s Dana Warp Mill, where they make, ship and sell their wonderful products.
What started out as a solo journey in Gab's mother’s kitchen has become an unbelievable collaboration of talents and a wild ride with no end in sight!
Mad Gab's Mission
- To create and market all natural products that are unique in appearance, effectiveness and quality.
- To produce, package and promote their products with minimal waste.
- To encourage consumers to use simple, natural products which will enhance natural beauty and healthy lifestyles.
- To create jobs within Maine and contribute to a healthy economic environment.
- To inspire others that anything can be done with good ideas, hard work and a strong team.
- To participate in revolutionizing capitalism with honesty, integrity and sound business practices.
The Choices They Make
Since the beginning, Mad Gab's has made responsible choices when it comes to waste, sourcing, and production. Here are a few examples:
- Formulating products with natural and organic ingredients, like beeswax, shea butter, and organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Selecting packaging that is minimal, recyclable and reusable, like simple metal tins without a box or blister pack.
- Printing with natural inks made with soy and/or linseed.
- Using plant-based packaging peanuts and recyclable newsprint for all shipping.
- Maintaining a recycling to trash ratio of 4:1 for everything in their offices and manufacturing, in addition to re-using incoming boxes and packing materials.