Moisturizing Shampoo by Shikai
Shikai Moisturizing Shampoo 12 oz. (355 ml)
Shikai Moisturizing Shampoo naturally restores shine and softness to dry or damaged hair. Shikai Hair Care products are plant based, low detergent, naturally pH balanced, extra gentle, and leave incredible shine and manageability. The secret is nature's own natural soap-free cleanser, wildcrafted shikakai. This special ShiKai Extract is the primary sudsing agent and provides rich, gentle cleansing, using less detergent, making it a gentler shampoo. A blend of Aloe Vera and Panthenol provide extra moisturizing and conditioning.
Shikakai (Acacia Concinna) is a little known secret for maintaining healthy hair. They use it simply because it works. It is the best, most natural shampoo. The gentle, low pH lather cleans thoroughly without drying the hair or scalp. It leaves hair smooth, shiny and full of body. It is a true and natural alternative to soap and detergent based shampoos. Shikakai is a small, spindly plant that grows in the arid regions of India and Burma. Its claim to fame is its large pod which has been collected, ground into powder, mixed with water and used for centuries as a gentle cleanser for "lustrous long hair". In fact, "shikakai" literally translates as "fruit for the hair."
ShiKai imports shikakai powder from the East and use it as the primary cleansing agent in their Natural Shampoos. They do this so they can offer gentle, mild, naturally low pH alternatives to all other shampoos on the market -- and it really works!
Natural solutions that work.
- Each ShiKai Product and botanical extract has been carefully formulated and manufactured - beginning to end - at their facility in Santa Rosa to ensure the highest quality and safety. Each Ingredient is selected for its effectiveness and safety. Natural ingredients are always preferable and are used whenever they meet this criteria.
- They Don’t Compromise. For example, they use pharmaceutical grade as opposed to cosmetic grade ingredients whenever possible. And they use only the purest, highest grade fragrances. These are more expensive but less likely to cause allergic reactions among the many people prone to these allergies.
- Each ShiKai Product contains a natural ingredient or botanical extract which is responsible for doing what it is the product claims to do. Only high quality ingredients which work are used and in amounts which are effective. No ingredients are added simply for “label claims”.
- ShiKai customers tell them over and over again: ShiKai Products do what they say they will do.
- In a world of “me too” products, ShiKai stands apart. From the innovative redesign of perhaps the world’s oldest shampoo (shikakai) and conditioner (amla) to the cutting edge use of the omega-6 fatty acid, GLA, in their best selling Borage Dry Skin Therapy lines, ShiKai has forged a different direction. This has not been the easiest path but has resulted in unique and creative uses of these natural resources, more effective natural solutions and products you won’t find elsewhere.
- For 40 years ShiKai has staked a reputation on the above concepts and philosophy. They are proud of their company and take pride in every single product. They sincerely believe each to be the very best they can possibly make.
- The mission at ShiKai is to provide you with the safest and most effective body care products possible. It isn’t just that they use the highest quality natural ingredients; they also have the knowledge and expertise to create unique and truly effective formulations.
QUALITY. INTEGRITY. INNOVATION. YOU CAN TRUST SHIKAI.
- ShiKai believes that natural botanicals can be more effective than synthetic ingredients
- ShiKai believes in the integrity and intelligence of their customers
- ShiKai believes that building a superior product means zero compromise on quality
- ShiKai believes in keeping a promise
- ShiKai believes that knowledge and understanding are the keys to innovation
- ShiKai believes in the honor and pride taken in a job well done
ShiKai began 40 years ago. With a vision, hard work, and determination, it’s grown into the company it is today.
Dr. Dennis Sepp, an organic and medicinal chemist, began exploring the unique properties of certain plants and their benefits for hair and skin. His first studies were done with shikakai, a plant which grows in India and is well known for it’s ability to clean hair, leave it silky, soft and shiny, and not dry the hair or scalp. The result was a shampoo which was an immediate hit with friends, family, and local health food stores. Thus, in 1970, the original ShiKai Shampoo was created and a new company formed.
Today ShiKai has more than 50 products which are made, start to finish, at the ShiKai facilities in Santa Rosa. Dr. Sepp continues to oversee the formulation and manufacture of all items.
Massage gently into hair. Lather. Rinse.
Avoid contact with eyes.
Purified Water, aloe vera gel, ShiKai Extract (acacia concinna), olefin sulfonate, cocoamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, coamide MEA, glycerin (vegetable), panthenol, salt, diazolidinyl urea, natural fragrance.
For 40 years, ShiKai has been formulating and manufacturing natural hair and skin care products at our facility in Santa Rosa, California. What makes us different is a dedication to using natural botanicals with proven therapeutic benefits. Whether its lotion for treating chronic dry skin or hair care that softens and highlights you can trust ShiKai to deliver on its promise: Natural Solutions That Work.
P.O. Box 2866
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
I love this shampoo and the ingredients satisfy my desire to use something better for me and the environment.
I like Shikai shampoo's. This one has a pleasant light scent and gets my thick hair clean without drying it
Have used this for 15+ yrs, never disappointed, love the way my hair feels
Keeps my head from itching
Love it. Love the scent. A tiny amount goes a long way, even for this very long head of hair. Does everything it's supposed to!