SeaSalt Solutions Rapid Detox Black Mud Bar for the Body by clariSEA
clariSEA SeaSalt Solutions Rapid Detox Black Mud Bar for the Body - 6 oz. (170g)
Re-formulates, 100% natural, cold processed homemade clariSEA SeaSalt Solutions Rapid Detox Black Mud Bar instantly sloughs off dead skin cells and purges pores to reveal a clearer, softer, and more even toned layer of skin. clariSEA SeaSalt Solutions Rapid Detox Black Mud Bar, enhanced with Rhassoul clay, slightly alters the pH of skin and increases cell turnover. The rich creamy base leaves skin super quenched and silky smooth. clariSEA SeaSalt Solutions Rapid Detox Black Mud Bar is offered in a big square chunk so you can cut a piece off and save it for later. Use clariSEA SeaSalt Solutions Rapid Detox Black Mud Bar daily in the shower to reveal your purest body skin.
Clear Skin Tip: Use clariSEA SeaSalt Solutions Rapid Detox Black Mud Bar in addition to regular Clarifying Salt Treatment Body Soaks. Can be used to supplement any clariSEA Sea Salt Solutions Body products.
Clear up skin fast and keep it clear with clariSEA SeaSalt Solutions!
A nature based alternative to harsh acne treatments.
- Acne (Teen, Adult, Hormonal, Stress, Body)
- Keratosis Pilaris (tiny red bumps on extremities)
- Oily skin
- Improvement of tone and texture
- Skin softening
- Pore minimizing
- Dry skin moisturizing
- Eye de-puffing
- Anti-aging toning and tightening
- Natural Ingredients
- Mineral Salt
- Sea Salt
- Vitamin E
- Kaolin Clay
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
- Macademia Ternifolia Seed Oil
- Carrageenan (Seaweed Extract)
- Fucus Vesiculosus (Seaweed Extract)
Why It Works
Swimming in the ocean clears up your skin. Why? Because the minerals in the ocean work naturally with the pH balance of your skin to return it to its purest state. The sodium chloride is a natural cleanser and deep pore exfoliant. It fights bacteria on the surface of skin while drawing out impurities from deep within pores. With the help of gently exfoliating sand, blemishes are brought to the surface and flushed out while redness is minimized and moisture re-balanced.
The Sea Salt Solutions system works because it brings the skin clarifying effects of the ocean into your own bathroom in 2 easy steps: Soak (salt water) & Scrub (sand). Unlike most sea salts, clarisea salts are gentle enough for sensitive facial skin yet strong enough to help banish the blemishes. During the first few weeks of use they draw out blemishes from deep within pores, gradually revealing a clearer and more natural complexion.
Learn more below about the system and what makes it work.
2 Steps: Soak + Scrub = Clear Skin
Step 1: Clarifying Salt Treatment
- Gentle and effective sea salt blend for face and body soaks.
- Sodium chloride fights bacteria on the surface of skin while drawing out impurities and dead skin cells from deep within pores.
- Essential sea minerals including potassium, calcium and magnesium work to tone, soften and smooth out skin while minimizing redness and re-balancing moisture.
Step 2: Mild Exfoliating Cleanser
- Specially formulated to maximize the effectiveness of the sea salt soaks.
- Microbead millicapsules release soothing Vitamin E onto skin after sweeping away dead skin cells and impurities brought to the surface by the salts' deep pore exfoliating action.
- Salicylic acid penetrates pores to help fight bacteria and increase cell regeneration.
Getting clear skin is difficult and frustrating. You need something powerful that gets rid of the blemishes, but you don't want something that causes more problems. It is possible to have the good without the bad and it's no surprise that the solution is a timeless natural remedy called SEA SALT!
Since we don't live in a perfect world, they've added a gentle cleanser to the system to help fight problem causing bacteria and maximize the salts' therapeutic benefits.
The Sea Salt Solutions 2 step system is easy and effective. It's powerful enough to be used on its own and mild enough to supplement other skin care regimens because the foundation product is 100% natural.
Fix the Problem
Everyone's complexion is unique but we all have one thing in common: we break out when our skin does not properly exfoliate dead cells through its own natural mechanisms.
The cells shed unevenly and combine with natural skin oils to form a plug which clogs the pore. Sebum oil and bacteria get trapped inside and continue to build up which leads to an infection, sometimes inflammation and eventually a blemish.
Soaking in sea salt water combats this chronic problem. The sodium chloride fights bacteria on the surface of skin while deeply exfoliating pores so existing blemishes heal more quickly and emerging breakouts are brought to the surface and flushed out.
With regular use this cycle repeats and skin is retrained to work more efficiently, completing the work acne prone skin is unable to do so most breakouts are prevented from ever forming.
Different types of sea salts contain different percentages of sea minerals. The mineral content in most salts, including dead sea salt, is too dense and potent for sensitive facial skin. Clarisea's blend is different. It is specially formulated with a clarifying balance of ocean and mineral sea salt that leaves skin looking as clear and healthy as it does after a dip in the ocean. An optimal amount of sodium chloride deeply exfoliates pores and eliminates bacteria without stripping skin of its natural moisture while potassium, magnesium and calcium work to tone, soften and smooth out skin without causing redness or irritation.
Countless Skin Benefits from ONE product!
You've probably tried countless treatments for your skin problems. Treatments that were created by a chemist in a laboratory. Different cleansers, creams, lotions and masks that provided some results but also irritated your skin.
Now try something so complex no chemist could ever replicate it. A product that won't irritate your skin because it's comprised of the same elements as your skin. A 100% natural remedy that has been sustaining and rejuvenating vital organs, including skin, for millions of years. Sea Salt!
You can't bring the ocean into your home, but you can come close with 100% natural sea salt soaks. Take a relaxing bath or use the clarisea collapsible bowl for quick and easy face soaks at home. You'll be amazed by the countless skin benefits!
The clariSEA Story
Like many acne sufferers Alison Carton's skin problems started in high school and only got worse and more complicated as she got older. She consulted countless dermatologists and tried every topical and oral acne treatment she could get her hands on but nothing worked. She would breakout a little less but develop so many new problems (redness, irritation, dry flaky skin, purple legs and teeth from antibiotics!) that the treatments were no longer worth it.
Alison gradually developed terrible body acne as well. Every inch of her chest, back and shoulders were covered in pimples. She could not wear a t-shirt in the middle of summer because her neck and arms were completely broken out. She was even breaking out on her legs! It was embarrassing and demoralizing.
Her social life, mood and confidence were all being affected and she hated feeling like she didn't have control. She dreamt of the day when she could go to bed at night knowing she would wake up in the morning with clear skin.
The summer after college Alison finally found some hope. She was staying at the beach for a month and the ocean water was unusually warm so she was going for a swim a couple times every day. It was impossible not to notice that her skin was clearing up. It was amazing and such a relief! But sure enough once the summer was over her skin began to return to its normal state and the frustrating breakouts resurfaced. At first she could not let go of her new found remedy. She would drive an hour to the beach every week and bring back buckets full of ocean water just to soak her face. While it did prevent a complete breakout resurgence, it was not a long term solution.
Then Alison discovered SEA SALT! She found that soaking in dissolved sea salt water had the exact same affect on her acne as did soaking in the ocean itself. But the only types of sea salt she could find were too harsh for her sensitive complexion so she set out on a mission to find the perfect skin clarifying salt for both face and body. Five years and dozens of sea salts later, she finally found it! A blend of 2 precious salts that's gentle enough for delicate facial skin yet strong enough to banish the blemishes.
After using the salts for a couple months, Alison's entire face was clear as were her back, chest, shoulders, arms and neck! She could not believe that she had finally found the answer to all her acne woes. And her skin wasn't just clearer; it was softer, smoother and more evenly toned, like the salts were returning her complexion to its purest state!
The great thing about the Sea Salt Solutions system is that it's effective enough to be used as your one and only skin care regimen, but mild enough to supplement your current routine because the foundation product is 100% natural. And the best part about finding a system that actually works is the comfort and stability that comes from knowing there is always something you can count on to keep your skin clear and keep your life rollin'!!! Happy Soaking!!!
P.S. All of the Clarifying Salt Treatments contain the same salt blend. They broke them up into categories to help everyone find the right product for their skin concern!
P.P.S. Try their all natural Beachy Waves Salt Spray if your hair needs a little extra bounce and texture. Alison always notices that her curly hair looked the best after she took a bath or got out of the ocean so she bottled it!
Clear Skin Tips
Helpful tips for clearer, healthier skin.
- Worse First
During the first few weeks of use you may actually break out more as the layers of impurities below the skin are brought to the surface and flushed out.
- Don't Pick!
Resist the urge to pick as blemishes surface. Picking causes scarring which is permanent. Be confident that blemishes will clear up with proper use of the system.
- Give Each New Product 6 Weeks
Bouncing from product to product may leave you with the impression that nothing works for your skin. Give a new product at least six weeks to produce a change in your complexion. One skin cycle takes 30 days (for new cells to reach the top layer of skin). In order to see a real difference in texture, tone and clarity, you need to use it for more than a month.
- Careful of Product Overload
If your skin gets irritated after using a handful of new products, you won't know what's causing the problem. Instead, use one at at time and add a new product every two weeks so you can identify the source of the positive or not so positive result.
- Clear Skin in a Week
If an important engagement is a week away (dance, wedding, pool party, date, vacation, etc.) and you want the equivalent (or better!) of a spa treatment at home to get ready, take a bath every day that week for at least 20 minutes with 2 cups of clarisea salt, thoroughly soaking the affected areas (face, back, chest, shoulders, etc.). You will see a huge difference in your skin!
- Use Oil Free Moisturizers & Make-Up
The Sea Salt Solutions system is so effective because it constantly drains impurities from deep within pores. Avoid re-clogging pores by making sure everything you use on your skin, like moisturizers, after shave and make-up, are oil free and non-comodegenic.
- Use Physical Sun Block
Regular sun screen use is imperative to prevent pre-mature aging and breakout causing excess oil production. Unfortunately, chemical sun screens are often a source of breakouts. Try a physical sun block containing titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide and use at least SPF 30 every day. If your skin looks too glossy from the lotion or is on the dry side, try a mineral powder.
- Be Conscious of Bacteria
Be sure to sterilize make-up brushes and razors and change pillow cases and towels frequently to prevent bacteria from flourishing.
- Cleanse Skin Before Bed
One of the best things you can do for your skin every day is to wash your face before bed. It's important to flush out impurities that have built up in pores throughout the day before they have the chance to cause blemishes.
- More Sleep = Fewer Breakouts
Sleep is vital because stress hormones drop to normal levels at night, giving cells time to repair and rejuvenate. Plus, stress raises the levels of the hormone cortisol, which increases oil production and can lead to bouts of acne.
- Use Sensitive Skin Detergent
If you have body breakouts use a laundry detergent for sensitive skin. Try Arm & Hammer's 2X Concentrated Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin. Certain ingredients in regular detergents stay in the fabric of clothes and can irritate skin during the day and when you sweat.
- Cellulite Treatment Prep
Clarisea's sea salt blend has the added benefit of stimulating circulation within the top layer of skin, which, combined with the salts' natural exfoliation properties makes it the perfect cellulite treatment prep for maximum absorption and effectiveness.
Fantastic Skin Foods
The Best Foods for Clearer, Smoother, Plumper and Healthier Skin.
- Anti-Inflammatory Foods
- Salmon - Rich in Omega-3 Fatty acids which maintain the structure and fluidity of the cell membrane making sure nutrients enter the cell and waste products are removed. This means smoother, plumper and more naturally moisturized skin. Also try walnuts, flax seed or canola oil.
- Cilantro - The big power in this little plant comes from its caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid antioxidants. These two acids trap the free radicals that are caused by sun exposure. Add a little extra to your next batch of guacamole.
- Green Tea - Releases catechin, an antioxidant with proven anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties. Research found that drinking 2 to 6 cups a day not only helps prevent skin cancer but might also reverse the effects of sun damage by neutralizing the changes that appear in sun-exposed skin.
- Avocado - Rich in B-complex vitamins and essential oils which help this tasty food work like an anti-inflammatory agent. It also helps soothe skin that is red, irritated or blotchy.
- Skin Strengtheners/UV Blockers
- Cooked Tomatoes - Lycopene, the phytochemical that makes tomatoes red, helps eliminate skin-aging free radicals caused by ultraviolet rays. Cooking tomatoes helps concentrate its lycopene levels, so tomato sauce, tomato paste, and even ketchup pack on the protection. Now that summer has arrived, try watermelon for a quick and refreshing lycopene fix!.
- Dark Chocolate - Flavonols, the antioxidants in dark chocolate, reduce roughness in the skin and provide sun protection. In a study from the Journal of Nutrition, women who drank cocoa fortified with a chocolate bar's worth of flavonols had better skin texture and stronger resistance to UV rays than those who drank significantly fewer flavonols.
- Almonds - Almonds are stuffed with vitamin E which helps defend against sun damage. Volunteers who consumed 14 milligrams of the vitamin per day (about 20 almonds) and then were exposed to UV light burned less than those who took none.
- Carrots - Full of Vitamin A which helps prevent overproduction of cells in the skin's outer layer. Which means fewer dead cells to combine with sebum and clog pores. Plus, Vitamin A helps reduce the development of skin-cancer cells
- Low Fat Yogurt - Also high in Vitamin A.
- Seafood, Mushrooms & Eggs - All high in Zinc which helps speed up the healing of skin.
- Sweet Potatoes - Loaded with Vitamin C which smoothes out wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen. A recent study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that volunteers who consumed 4 milligrams of C (about half a small sweet potato) daily for 3 years decreased the appearance of wrinkles by 11 percent.
- Flaxseeds - These little seeds offer an abundance of omega-3 fatty acids which erase spots and iron out fine lines.
- Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, and Plums - Contain the highest total anti-oxidant capacity of any fruit.
- Tuna and Oysters - High in selenium which helps keep skin firm and taut.
- Spinach - High in Iron which helps create red blood cells that deliver oxygen to organs including the body’s largest organ-skin. Good Iron levels help maintain strong, healthy skin and a vibrant glow.
- Dry, Flaky or Itchy Skin
- Safflower Oil - The omega-6 fatty acids found in safflower oil can be the ultimate moisturizer for people who suffer from dry, flaky, or itchy skin. It keeps cell walls supple, allowing water to better penetrate the epidermis. Scientists have found that this oil may even help people who suffer from sever conditions such as eczema
- For All Skin Types
- Water! At least 64 oz a day.
Recommended Weekly Regimen
Sea Salt Solutions: Face
- Clarifying Salt Treatment
1 bath Soak per week + 3 bowl or sprayer Soaks
- Purifying Cleanser
Use daily morning and night (if redness or irritation occur, reduce use to once a day or every other day)
- Perfecting Clay Mask
Can be used daily as a cleanser or 3-4 times a week as a mask
Sea Salt Solutions: Body
- Clarifying Salt Treatment
3 bath Soaks per week
- Exfoliating Cleanser
Use daily morning and night
- Salt Scrub
Use 3-4 times weekly in addition to Soaks and Exfoliating Cleanser
Sea Salt Solutions: Face + Body
- Clarifying Salt Treatment
3 bath Soaks per week + bowl and sprayer Soaks as needed
- Purifying Facial Cleanser
Use daily morning and night
- Perfecting Clay Mask
Use daily as a cleanser or 3-4 times a week as a mask
- Exfoliating Body Cleanser
Use daily morning and night
- Salt Scrub
Use 3-4 times weekly
clariSEA is a treatment brand focused on the improvement of skin and self through simple yet effective treatment products that bring together the best of nature and science and challenge the notion that acne and other difficult skin conditions can only be treated with harsh chemical cleansers and serums. Take a different approach and actually see and feel your skin heal as you soak, cleanse and scrub. Rather than attacking skin to kill blemishes, clariSEA products help eliminate blemishes naturally through a process of deep exfoliation and renewal. With regular use, impurities are drawn out from deep within pores to reveal a clearer complexion that's easily maintained. No harsh chemicals or frustrating irritation just clear and healthy skin.
At clariSEA they strive to create skin care products that improve the health and clarity of your skin in the mildest possible ways. All of their products are developed by Alison herself or in conjunction with a premiere lab in France. All of their formulas are exclusive to clariSEA. They work hard at making each and every product as natural as possible without compromising on effectiveness or performance. That is why they bring together the best of nature and science. Also, many of their products contain organic ingredients and those are listed on the back label. However, they do not place organic claims on the front label when the entire product is not organic as that is misleading and disingenuous. Additionally, they do not test on animals nor do any of their suppliers.
clariSEA Product Core
All of their products are benzoyl peroxide free and intended for use on all skin types, especially sensitive skin. Their fundamental product is sea salt, the closest they can come to capturing the ocean in a jar. They don't offer just any sea salt though. They have carefully tested numerous kinds from around the world to create an ideal blend that replicates the perfect balance of minerals in the ocean.
To match the high quality of their salts, they use premium ingredients in all their products so you'll look and feel as fresh and radiant as you do after a dip in the ocean. Whether it's the Clarifying Salt Treatment or Purifying Facial Cleanser, Clarisea products will give you clear and healthy skin every day of the week!
Taking good care of the earth is extremely important to them. Since they use the earth's natural resources to create their products, they want to do everything possible to help facilitate replenishment. Currently, about half of all clarisea products are 100% natural, including all of their sea salts, and they use only recyclable plastics for packaging and 100% water soluble and bio-degradable packing peanuts in every shipment. They are continually setting goals to become more earth friendly including an initiative to use 50% sustainable and biodegradable packaging by the year 2015.
They also work hard to ensure that all of the ingredients in their products are nourishing for your skin and body which means no to parabens and yes to natural.