Ecological Laundry Liquid 2.5X Concentrated Zero Free & Clear 34 Loads by Ecover
Ecover - Ecological Laundry Liquid 2.5X Concentrated Zero Free & Clear 34 Loads - 51 oz (1.5 L)
Ecover Ecological Laundry Liquid 2.5X Concentrated Zero Free & Clear tackles your heaps of dirty laundry. Ecover Ecological Laundry Liquid 2.5X Concentrated Zero is a plant-based powerhouse. Imagine, all the cleaning for half the dose! Ecover Ecological Laundry Liquid 2.5X Concentrated Zero Free & Clear is free of fragrance and dyes!
Ecover Zero has been specially crafted to give exceptional washing results for people who want a fragrance free allergy-approved product they can trust. Perfect for sensitive skin. Using Ecover Zero can help reduce your allergic symptoms, whether it be when tackling the dirty dishes or dirty laundry. Ecover Zero uses only gentle plant-based and mineral ingredients, no phosphates and is fragrance free.
- Zero Optical Brighteners
- Zero Chlorine
- Suitable for septic tanks
- Not tested on animals
- Plantplastic 100% recyclable plant bottle
Plant-astic Bottles Cleaner Clothes
Ecover has always done things a little differently. And although they're anything but superficial, their latest breakthrough proves it's not just what's on the inside that counts...
Like you, they recognize that plastic packaging is a major problem - not only does it clutter up your home, the plastic is made from crude oil. It's an increasingly scarce resource and we all know the problems associated with oil spills and pollution... So for three years now they've been working to find a new, alternative packaging solution that starts to address some of these issues. They're very proud of the results.
By harnessing the power of nature and applying a little clever science, they've implemented an innovative new PolyEthylene (PE) - a green plastic they call Plant-astic that's 100% renewable, reusable and recyclable - and made from sugarcane! They're so pleased with it that they're making their bottles 100% Plant-astic. It's also good to see that some other well-known brands are not thinking of following their lead - even if they initially only intend using up to 30% renewable plastic.
Manufacturing their new Plant-astic is unbelievably simple. Sugarcane is harvested to produce sugar, which is then fermented and distilled to produce ethanol. This ethanol is dehydrated to create ethylene, which is polymerized into Plant-astic. That's really all there is to it.
Plant-astic is impressive in so many other ways. Because the sugarcane is grown and harvested in harmony with its natural environment, the nearby Amazonian rainforests remain unaffected. The entire production process is so efficient that they only harvest 15 hectares of land to make a year's worth of Ecover packaging.
Ecover makes each of their products with thirteen measurable characteristics falling under three phases. To give you a better understanding of their approach, below is an explanation of each phase and the criteria within.
- Phase 1, Extraction - which is how the ingredients are sourced and great formulations are created.
- Under the Extraction phase are the following three criteria: Renewable Resource, Green Chemistry and Resource Proximity.
- What this means is, whenever possible, Ecover sources the ingredients as close to their factories as possible. After all, it wouldn't make sense to run all over the globe sourcing ingredients in the name of sustainability while simultaneously racking up the carbon footprint. They also make sure they're not mining the earth for ingredients that aren't renewable. Even if a potential ingredient would make for a powerful cleaner or is cheap to get, if that ingredient is at risk of depletion or takes eons to renew, they won't use it.
- To round out this first phase, the science behind converting all those ingredients into cleaners uses green chemistry. They like to call this Clever Science. What it means is that they ensure the ingredients can be responsibly transformed into cleaners without creating a swarm of pollution during production.
- Phase 2, Consumption - this is where you come in; it comes down to how Ecover products work and what they do for you.
- These are the criteria for Phase 2: Primary Efficiency, Secondary Efficiency, and Consumer Safety.
- They're sticking to their commitment to create great cleaning products, because what's the point in buying "green cleaners" if they don't work or you have to use twice as much to get the job done? To ensure truly effective cleaners, Ecover products undergo a series of performance evaluations and comparisons in on-site laboratories (mad scientist included). And of course, your well being comes first. Who needs harsh chemical fumes or residue in their home? Nobody. That's why Vincotte Environmental checks to make sure they formulate products to be safe to use as well.
- Phase 3, Absorption - this is where Mother Nature gets a hand, ensuring Ecover doesn't make pretty products that wreak havoc on the environment when they go back out into the world. Protecting waterways and aquatic life is a major priority at Ecover. Of course, each phase is important, but it's pretty obvious from the number of criteria under this last phase that this is a sweet spot.
- Here they are: Aquatic Safety, Limited Aquatic Impact, Aerobically Degradable Ingredients, Anaerobically Degradable Surfactants, Phosphorous Absence, VOC Absence, Primary Packaging Optimization
- Whew, that's a tall order! Did you think that your cleaning products just disappear once you pull the plug? They usually don't. Since we all have to protect waterways just as much as we've got to do six loads of laundry or clean the dishes, Ecover creates products that disappear all the way and that do so quickly.
- They like to say, "do the dishes, not the fishes!" How they do it is by making sure their products quickly and completely biodegrade. They make sure the products need the minimal amount of water to become neutral again and that they have the lowest possible levels of volatile organic compounds.
- Lastly, they work tirelessly to find the best possible packaging options - what's on the outside is a big deal when you're talking plastics. That's why they recently made the switch to 100% PlantPlastic that's also 100% recyclable and renewable.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of using plant-based ingredients?
There are lots of reasons why Ecover wants to use plant-based ingredients in all of their products. In fact, there are benefits at every stage of the product’s life cycle. Let’s start at the beginning: where the ingredients come from and how they get them. When they’re renewable, they grow back after they’ve used them so they’re not depleting nature’s resources just to make their products. Extracting these ingredients from the environment causes no damage, compared with the petrochemical industry, and if they need any processing, it uses much less energy. Secondly, it’s about what happens when you’re using Ecover products in your home. Whether you're washing your sheets, your floors, your hands or your dishes, Ecover products don't contain those chemicals that can irritate your skin. And as they can achieve just as powerful results as conventional cleaning products, what excuses are there NOT to use plant-based ingredients?! Lastly, they pay attention to what happens after you’ve pulled the plug. Back to those plant-based ingredients – they can biodegrade back into nature, quickly and completely.
Phosphates - What is the problem with using phosphates?
A phosphate is a molecule that is often added to detergents to soften water, so that the surfactants can clean better. By definition phosphates aren’t “bad”. Think about a caterpillar… by itself it can do no harm, but in large yields they can become a plague. The same counts for phosphates when they travel in masses to our local lakes, ponds, rivers and streams where they become nutrients or food for algae. In response to this, the algae over feast themselves on food like little gluttons and eventually die out. This is where the bacteria come in… they feast on the dead algae remains while using up all the oxygen in the water. Yikes! No oxygen means no life –scary enough to make Ecover want to avoid them in all their products!
Are Ecover products suitable for vegans and vegetarians?
Nearly all Ecover products are suitable for both vegans and vegetarians. The only exception is Camomile and Marigold Washing Up Liquid which contains Milk Whey (for its hand softening properties). This is a natural by-product of the dairy industry. But they have 2 vegan alternatives to this product available – give Lemon & Aloe Vera or Grapefruit & Green Tea Washing up Liquids a try instead.
Is Ecover suitable for my Septic Tank?
Yes. If you have a septic tank at home then you should be using products which can fully degrade just like Ecover. Reason being that in your septic tank there is an anaerobic environment which efficiently decomposes or mineralizes waste, and to keep it healthy you need to ensure you don’t upset it with nasty chemicals. So with Ecover’s range of plant-based and mineral ingredient products and a maintenance clear out now and then you’ll have happy septic tank which will last for decades and possible a lifetime.
Ecover knows you care for the environment and your home... but at the end of the day you want to make sure that your laundry is clean and your plates are sparkling. That is why in the development of their products they pay equal attention to achieving effective results. It's about finding that perfect balance between green and clean!
A Sustainable Planet
From introducing the first phosphate - free washing powder to installing green roofs on their factories to save energy, to turning raw sugarcane into fantastic plastic packaging. All small steps matter when it comes to protecting our world. And because we can achieve more working together, they even offered their technology to their industry competitors. They don't mind sharing.
Ecover knows you care about the world you live in, but you also care about you and your family's wellbeing. They want to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle by making products that are safer for you in your home. Whether you're washing your sheets your floors, your hands or your dishes, their products don't contain chemicals that you don't want around.
Because of you, your family and the world we live in, Ecover has spent more than 30 years making powerful, efficient products that clean with care. When it comes to your home and family, cleaning with care matters. Whether you're washing your sheets, your floors, your hands or your dishes, their products contain no nasties, so you can feel good cleaning.
Directions For Use:
For colors and white laundry. Wash garment according to manufacturer's instructions. Check for colorfastness. For best results, pour liquid into machine as it fills with water then add laundry.
HE - follow machine's instructions for use.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN: EYE IRRITANT. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical attention if irritation persists. If ingested, wash out mouth and do not induce vomiting. Consult a physician.
Aqua, Sodium laureth sulfat, Propanediol, Coco-glucoside, Sodium citrate, Isostearic acid, Alcohol denat., Sodium lauryl sulfate, Formic acid, Sodium hydroxide, sodium gluconate, Calcium chloride, Lipase, Mannanase, Subtilisin, Amylase, Cellulase
Ecover is an international company active in the production of ecological cleaners. Founded in 1980 in Belgium, we have been a trendsetter from the very start: as a pioneering company, marketing a phosphate-free washing powder even before phosphates were branded as a problem. Ecover’s progressive environmental policy is not only demonstrated by the products we sell, it is also an integral part of the company’s business operations. Acting in the spirit of the externally iso 14001 standard, we have extended our environmental policy to all departments of the company, from production to marketing. One of the most striking results is the world’s first ecological factory.
2750 East Spring Street Ste. 220
800 449 4925http://www.ecover.com/