InterPlexus Mega-Polyzyme Full Spectrum Digestive Enzymes - 60 Vegetarian Capsules
InterPlexus Mega-Polyzyme Full Spectrum Digestive Enzymes is a vegetarian enzyme formula that is acid stable. InterPlexus Mega Polyzyme is one of the most potent non-animal sourced enzyme products available. InterPlexus Mega-Polyzyme Digestive Enzymes contains a carefully selected mixture of complementary enzymes such as Protease, Bromelain, Papain, Amylase, Lipase and Cellulase that is active on food proteins, fats and carbohydrates. InterPlexus prides itself on a product that is potent, pure, specific, and stable.
- Mega-Polyzyme enzymes have been painstakingly researched and carefully selected so that only the purest and most effective enzymes are used.
- Mega-Polyzyme is formulated with 600 mg of enzymes in each capsule. Most other enzyme products contain only 250 to 450 mg (including tablet/capsule fillers and binders) per pill.
- Mega-Polyzyme utilizes highly purified, specially selected enzymes from plant and botanical sources.
- Mega-Polyzyme is a full spectrum vegetarian enzyme that is active on food proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- Technological advances permit substitution of most animal source enzymes with natural alternative sources.
- Mega-Polyzyme Protease, Bromelain and Papain effectively break down food proteins, especially grain glutens.
- The Protease in Mega-Polyzyme has a broad spectrum activity on various proteins. Mega-Polyzyme Protease has remarkable grain gluten digesting capacity. (see Figure 1)
- Activities on various substrates are measured at pH 7.0, temperature 37°C.
- The activity on milk casein is an accepted reference and is indicated as 100%.
- Mega-Polyzyme Lipase breaks down fats and oils, and its Amylase activity targets starches and other carbohydrates.
- The Cellulase in Mega-Polyzyme is of sufficient strength to completely digest the cellulose contained in a full head of lettuce. Cellulose in the diet is not digestible, and the human intestinal bacteria cannot ferment or metabolize it. By digesting cellulose, the friendly intestinal bacteria are presented with more nutrient substrate to multiply. This is important to people on low carbohydrate diets.
- Pancreatic enzymes are relatively unstable in the digestive tract.
- Mega-Polyzyme Protease resists gastric acid (see Figure 2) unlike animal-derived preparations which are deactivated in the presence of acid.
- Mega-Polyzyme Lipase is active over a wide pHrange.
- In the small intestine of healthy individuals, pancreatic enzyme activities decline at different rates. Although 74% of Amylase and 22% of Trypsin activity survive to the end of the small intestine, only 1% of initial Lipase activity is still available at that point.
- The greater survivability of Amylase is probably due to its resistance to proteolytic degradation. Pancreatic Lipase is inactivated at pH less than 4; therefore, animal derived Pancreatic Lipase will rapidly degrade in the normal stomach reducing its ability to break down fat.
About InterPlexus, Inc.
InterPlexus, Inc. is a premier purveyor of high quality vitamins, minerals, enzymes, ayurvedic herbs, and essential fatty acids. InterPlexus, Inc. is committed to using the highest quality ingredients in their entire product line and equally committed to bringing the latest research to their list of fine products. No fads - no window dressing - just plain good functional products.
Established in 1989, their mission remains the same: To deliver the finest specialty products at a reasonable price and always with good service.