Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream - 1.7 oz. (48 ml)
Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream nourishes skin with vitamins B, C, E and anti-oxidant omega bionutrients. Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream is a moisturizing cream that is clinically proven to boost skin’s defense against dullness and roughness, leaving it naturally radiant, healthier and younger looking today and in the future.
Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream Bionutrients:
- Inca Inchi Oil - Native to Peru
Inca inchi oil is the richest oil in essential Omega fatty acids bionutrients and also contains Vitamins C and E. Inca Inchi oil works with the skin to restore the skin’s natural moisture barrier function and has anti-inflammatory properties. Native to Peru, it has been cultivated by indigenous people for centuries, and is obtained by cold pressure of the seeds of Peruvian Amazonia plant Inca Inchi.
- Yerba Mate Tea Leaf - Native to Brazil
Yerba Mate Leaf Extract is a powerful, sustainable anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory agent that contains bionutrients such as polyphenols and Vitamins B, C and E to quench radicals produced by pollution and sun. Considered the “Tea of Life”, Yerba Mate or Brazillian Green Tea was discovered by early South American tribes. Today, Yerba Mate is popular as a South American tea.
Just like nutrients in your body are essential for health, naturally derived bionutrients can be used to promote healthy skin. Bionutrients are highly concentrated chemical compounds found in nature that are essential for healthy-looking skin.
The benefits of bionutrients have been shown to promote skin health and resilience by adding essential nutrients and supporting the skin’s own natural functions for replenishment and detoxification. They are the foundation of healthy skin, and the root of Neutrogena's approach to natural. Neutrogena scientists teamed up with a multi-disciplinary panel of experts to identify five classes of proven vital bionutrients found in nature:
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Amino Acids/Peptides
- Essential Fatty Acids (Omegas)
- Flavonoids/Polyphenols (Anti-Oxidants)
So, how do they work?
Bionutrients are clinically-proven to support your skin's functions:
- Vitamins and minerals keep skin functioning optimally
- Essential fatty acids replenish skin’s natural barrier
- Flavonoids and polyphenols act as anti-oxidants to knock down free radicals produced by pollution and solar radiation
- Sugars deeply and effectively deliver vital moisture
- Amino acids and peptides act as building blocks to help replenish skin
Pure, natural skincare with real results
Neutrogena has taken a revolutionary approach to natural skincare by working with a cross-disciplinary team of experts.
Introducing new Neutrogena Naturals, ecologically friendly skincare products that harness the power of naturally occurring bionutrients to deliver safe and effective results.
No harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, dyes or phthalates. Nutrogena has created pure, high-quality natural ingredients for balanced beauty from the skin care experts you trust.
When Neutrogena set out to develop Neutrogena Naturals, they developed a set of guiding principles to focus their decision making. They are linked to Neutrogena's values to create pure natural skincare with real results. Every product development and packaging decision came out of these key principles.
- Strive for Simplicity: Neutrogena wanted to create an efficacious product using only what was essential, nothing more, nothing less. Their products were formulated without harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, dyes, or phthalates. Just what is essential to work on your skin. Neutrogena leveraged natural plant derived ingredients where possible and the average of their line is 94% natural. The remaining ingredients were thoughtfully chosen from a comprehensive array of safe and pure ingredients to ensure safety and accessibility. For example, Neutrogena made the choice to use synthetic fragrances over natural fragrances because synthetic fragrances offer more hypoallergenic options which ensures that the final product will be safe and gentle. But they’re working everyday to improve their technologies to find even more natural ingredients they can use.
- Stretch: In the past, other natural products have not always delivered the results that you wanted. By merging the clinically proven expertise of Neutrogena with the best of what nature has to offer, Neutrogena is able to bring you the best of both worlds—natural skincare that really works. Neutrogena has always been committed to creating products that work, and now they’re bringing that commitment to natural skincare. And they’re working with their team of cross-disciplinary experts to find more efficacious bionutrient sources and ingredient combinations from across the globe to provide unique solutions from nature that really work.
- Build Transparency: Neutrogena wanted to have open and honest conversations with their consumers about what’s in their products and where each ingredient comes from. That’s why on the back of their products you won’t see just a list of ingredients. Neutrogena tells you exactly where the ingredient comes from, whether it’s a vegetable, coconut or bionutrient rich Willowbark. Neutrogena also calls out exactly what kind of packaging they use. Right now, they’re using up to 50% post consumer recycled content in their bottles and 100% recycled paper where possible. Neutrogena is doing their best to increase the amount of recycled content they use. In their plastic bottles, for example, Neutrogena found that 50% recycled content was the greatest they could currently go without sacrificing product aesthetics. Also, while all of their containers are recyclable, Neutrogena hasn’t yet figured out a perfect solution for a recyclable pump, so they’re doing the best they can, but see themselves on a path of continuous improvement, and will continually challenge themselves to improve on these numbers in the future.
- Do Good: Neutrogena wanted to act with the future in mind while giving back to their communities. That’s why they partnered with The Nature Conservancy, a global organization dedicated to protecting natural sources of clean water for people, plants and animals. Neutrogena wants to promote a better environment by supporting clean water and water conservation efforts that affect their local communities.
- Prove It: Neutrogena's team of cross-disciplinary experts from scientific and integrative health backgrounds has worked to find innovative, effective ways to balance dermatologic efficacy with natural insights. Neutrogena Naturals products are designed to work as well as traditional products with absolutely no tradeoffs.
- Thrive: At the end of the day, Neutrogena knows that if they do their best to live up to their guiding principles, not only will their consumers see the benefits of natural skincare, but they will do their best to try to limit their impact so that the planet can thrive along with the people on it. Neutrogena realizes that all decisions have environmental consequences on both people and planet and so they strive to think ahead, be mindful of their carbon footprint and continually try to be better than their previous best. That way, their consumers can feel good about knowing that they’re not only getting the best of sustainable and natural beauty, but they are also being mindful of the planet.
Meet the Experts
Neutrogena's commitment to developing great products that deliver clinically proven results goes beyond the lab: they’ve looked for inspiration from both modern and historical knowledge across the globe, filtering thousands of years of natural skincare practices through the lens of bionutrient technology.
As a result, Neutrogena's team of cross-disciplinary experts from scientific and integrative health backgrounds have worked to find innovative, effective ways to balance the best of science with natural insights.
Walking the World
Neutrogena Naturals has recruited a team of technology scouts on a single mission: to scan the globe in search of time-tested solutions and ingredients from natural sources.
Finding the right natural components is the most critical step in creating natural products that work. Neutrogena’s team examined thousands of plants to find bionutrients essential for skin health.
Committed, Inside and Out
Neutrogena's journey toward sustainability starts by making Neutrogena Naturals products the best that they can with packaging that minimizes its impact on the environment. But their commitment doesn’t stop there. Neutrogena seeks to promote a better environment globally through their partnership with the Nature Conservancy, a leading organization working to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and communities.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the specific products featured in the Neutrogena Naturals product line?
The line includes five products, Neutrogena's first-ever naturally derived product line that is clinically effective. The products are dermatologist developed, and contain no harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, dyes or phthalates. The collection includes the following products:
- Purifying Facial Cleanser
- Purifying Pore Cleanser
- Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover
- Face & Body Bar
- Lip Balm
How is Neutrogena Naturals different from other Neutrogena Products?
Neutrogena Naturals offers a choice to consumers who are looking for natural products.
What is the NO seal on the front of the package?
It's just as important to tell their consumers what's in the product as what's not in Neutrogena's products. Neutrogena has taken care to remove certain ingredients from their products. Although Neutrogena has chosen to remove these ingredients, it's important to note clinical evidence shows that these ingredients are safe for cosmetic/personal care product use.
On the ingredient list, what are the * ingredients?
These remaining ingredients are essential to blend the product together and maintain effectiveness.
What is a bionutrient?
Neutrogena scientists together with a team of forward-thinking experts have identified vital skin nutrients from nature and have clinically proven their benefits to skin.
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Amino Acids/Peptides
- Essential Fatty Acids (Omegas)
- Flavonoids/Polyphenols (Anti-oxidants)
When referring to ingredients, what does "naturally derived" mean?
The majority of Neutrogena's ingredients are derived from a mineral, plant or fruit based source. All ingredients in personal care products are processed to some degree, both for safety and for suitability of use in product formulations. The naturally derived ingredients in Neutrogena Naturals originate from mineral, plant and fruit sources that are then combined to produce our gentle, clinically proven products.
Are Neutrogena Naturals products tested on animals?
No, Neutrogena Naturals products are not tested on animals.
Are Neutrogena Naturals products sustainable?
At Neutrogena Naturals, they recognize that sustainability is a journey. Neutrogena is working on creating more sustainable packaging and leveraging ingredients that support local communities and cultures. Their packaging, for example, is up to 50% post consumer recycled packaging.
Are Neutrogena Naturals products vegetarian?
Yes, Neutrogena Naturals products are vegetarian.
Are the products organic?
No, Neutrogena Naturals products are not organic.
Are Neutrogena Naturals products hypoallergenic?
Yes, Neutrogena Naturals products are hypoallergenic.
Is Neutrogena Naturals beeswax harvested in a cruelty free manner?
Yes, Neutrogena Naturals beeswax is harvested in a cruelty free manner. Neutrogena Naturals works with their suppliers to ensure that bees are not harmed during the ingredient collection process.
Are Neutrogena Naturals products vegan?
Many of their products are vegan. Neutrogena Naturals recommends reviewing the ingredient list for more information.
Do Neutrogena Naturals products contain synthetic fragrances?
Yes, Neutrogena Naturals contains synthetic fragrances that are allergy tested.
Are Neutrogena Naturals products gluten free?
Yes, Wheat and derivatives of wheat and related grains are not used in Neutrogena Naturals.
Do Neutrogena Naturals products contain artificial colors?
No, Neutrogena Naturals do not contain artificial colors.
What is post consumer recycled (PCR) content?
Post-consumer material is an end product that has completed its life cycle as a consumer item and would otherwise have been disposed of as a solid waste. Post-consumer materials include recyclables collected in commercial and residential recycling programs, such as office paper, cardboard, aluminum cans, plastics and metals. All of Neutrogena Naturals plastic bottles contain up to 50% PCR content.
What is FSC certified packaging?
Neutrogena Naturals' folding cartons are made from 100% recycled paper with a minimum of 60% post-consumer recycled content and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified. Neutrogena Naturals has chosen to use recycled paper fiber sources versus virgin fibers on their folding cartons to save trees and reduce their environmental impact for water use required to make the cartons.
Does Neutrogena Naturals use any vegetable based inks?
Neutrogena Naturals' Face & Body bar uses vegetable based inks.
Can I recycle the packaging? How do I recycle the packaging?
Yes, recycle Neutrogena Naturals as you would recycle other packaging in your local community.
Does Neutrogena Naturals use any alternative energy sources?
Yes. Neutrogena's corporate headquarters are partially powered by solar energy.