Licorice Gastric Support by Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare Licorice Gastric Support - 60 Caplets
Himalaya Licorice Gastric Support aids in normal stomach function and supports normal digestive system function. Himalaya Licorice also supports normal bowel function in occasional sluggishness. Himalaya Licorice Gastric Support contains no additives or preservatives and no ingredients of animal origin. Himalaya Licorice Gastric Support has no wheat, corn, soy, yeast or dairy.
In teas and candies all over the world, Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra ) has been enjoyed for generations. Ancient people would chew the root to freshen their breath. To others it's a spice for savory foods, or even a soft drink. It's also one of the world's most widely researched herbs, east and west, for support of normal digestive function.
In one published study, researchers at the Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples, Italy named Licorice as one digestive herb that "has been used extensively and [had its] clinical efficacy documented." They also suggested Licorice as a dietary adjunct to existing therapies. Phytother Res. 2000 Dec;14(8):581-91
- Scientists at the Laboratory of Natural Medicinal Materials, Tokyo, Japan point out that Licorice has been used since ancient Greek, Roman and Egyptian times, and in traditional Chinese medicine, as one of their most frequently used plants. In Japan, the oldest specimen of Licorice introduced from China in the 8th Century still exists in the Imperial Storehouse in Shosoin. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2000 Oct;120(10):849-62
- The principle constituent of Licorice (and the component that gives Licorice its characteristically sweet taste) is called glycyrrhizin. Not only is Licorice supportive of normal digestion, and the glycyrrhizin it contains also supports normally functioning joints and the body's own natural response to inflammation.
Rich in flavonoids and antioxidants
One of history's first and most famous digestive herbs
Supports normal digestive system function within the stomach
Supports normal bowel function
Himalaya's Pure Herbs redefine the power of single herbs
When you listen to nature you can't go wrong! This is the thinking behind Himalaya's Single Herbs. A range of 24 single herbs found in nature with 19 certified USDA Organic. Single herbs are chromatographically fingerprinted for the highest quality and consistency.
- One of the first to single herb supplements to proudly carry the Certified USDA Organic Seal
- 100% Vegetarian
- Easy to swallow caplets
- Preservative free
- Magnesium stearate free
- Gluten free
- Additive free
- No artificial ingredients
The many different herbs used in Himalaya Herbal Healthcare's scientific product line are also used in India's ancient, traditional system of medicine, Ayurveda.
The word Ayurveda comes from the Sanskrit root words ayur (meaning "life") and veda (meaning "to know"). Literally, Ayurveda means "the science of life." It is a system of medicine dating back over 4,000 years.
Ayurveda had a profound, far-reaching influence on Traditional Chinese Medicine and the healthcare systems of many other countries and cultures. Ayurveda believes that five great elements make up the universe and the human body: earth, water, fire, air and space.
It also believes that humans possess a unique constellation of body types or doshas: vata (wind/spirit/air), pitta (bile), and kapha (phlegm). Each represents a divine force, and Ayurveda seeks to bring them into balance through proper diet, herbal treatment and spiritual practice.
Since Himalaya Herbal Healthcare formulas are very science-based and appropriate for all body types ("tri-doshic" or "non-dosha- specific"), and since their formulas require no Ayurvedic knowledge to be used successfully, they do not consider themselves to be "an Ayurvedic line" in the classic sense of the word.
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare is proud to offer the same herbs used in India's ancient system of medicine. They're proud of their ancient roots, but they have very modern branches.
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare products draw from a remarkable canon of plants used in an ancient system of healthcare that goes back over 4,000 years, but success can't be measured by tradition alone. In addition to their origins in herbal history, Himalaya products are also quite remarkable, always contemporary, scientifically-validated herbal healthcare, period.
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare products are not made for single, specific body types, as traditional approaches might dictate. Their products can be used safely and effectively by everyone.
Their formulas are neither esoteric nor mystical. No special knowledge of ancient systems of medicine is needed to enjoy their benefits. Himalaya products are some of the most clinically-validated, consistently-proven, modern, scientific formulas available in the world today.
Their products are used in clinical practice all over the world by physicians, pharmacists, nutritionists and naturopaths. 1,214 published clinical trials on their formulas have appeared in medical journals throughout the world.a remarkable feat for herbal formulations.
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare products carry ISO 9001:2001 certification for excellence in manufacturing and are made to World Health Organization (WHO) pharmaceutical standards. Product development for each formula typically takes ten years.
Used by doctors and sold in pharmacies all over the world, the ancient roots and modern branches of Himalaya Herbal Healthcare have been carefully combined into a world-class line of science-based formulas, used safely and effectively worldwide for decades.
The Himalaya Difference
Family owned since 1930
1,214 published clinical trials on Himalaya products
Seed-to-shelf - GMP Facility
Patents: 9 granted, 74 pending
Take 1 caplet per day before food.
Keep out of direct light and out of the reach of children.
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare, with global headquarters in Bangalore, India (pictured here), is a worldwide pioneer in the field of scientifically-validated herbal healthcare. Now in over 75 countries, Himalaya’s North American office is located in Houston, Texas. Starting in 1930, Himalaya succeeded in combining the rich value of an old system of natural health with all the processes of modern pharmaceutical technology. Since then, the result of this gigantic effort has been widely sold throughout the world and Himalaya has established a position of uncontested leadership in pharmaceutical-grade Natural Health Products.
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare's result of over 81 years of formulation research and clinical trials is glad to offer a complete range of modern, totally safe and Natural Health Products for the self-care needs of today's consumer. Himalaya Herbal Healthcare is marketing this truly unique and complete line of Herbal Healthcare products developed, manufactured and evaluated according to the most scientific and rigid standards of modern pharmaceutical products.
- Still family owned, Himalaya has been a global leader in the herbal healthcare industry since 1930.
- Now sold in 76 countries and the first GMP approved herbal manufacturing facility in India, our reputation for safe, natural and efficacious remedies has been established through extensive research on proprietary products, continuous scientific validation and stringent quality controls.
- Every 1/5th of a second, someone, somewhere in the world, is taking a Himalaya product.
- With 7 global patents already granted, and 76 global patents pending, Himalaya’s R&D facility is one of the best in the world for the research and development of herbal healthcare. Encompassing over 80,000 square feet of space, it boasts a staff of over 100 physicians and scientists, contains a 28-bed inpatient facility. Our research has been published in numerous medical journals including The European Journal of Pharmacology, Phytotherapy Research, The Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, and JAMA, India.
All research conforms to World Health Organization standards and product development typically takes ten years. Our labs are all GLP labs, following Good Laboratory Practices. We are also recognized by India’s Institute of Health Sciences as an approved PhD Center.
10440 Westoffice Drive