Mad Hippie - Antioxidant Facial Oil - 1.02 oz. (30 ml)
Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil is a free radical fighting, hydrating oil. Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil uses genuine flower power, natural antioxidants and active essentials working hand in hand to liberate the skin from signs of aging. By leaving out harmful chemicals, parabens, synthetic color and fragrance, Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil helps your skin achieve true harmony. Mad Hippie Antioxidant Facial Oil contains 18 anti-aging actives; more actives, more results.
Why Argan Oil?
The oil of this native Moroccan tree is rich in fatty acids and compounds that soften and smooth the skin.
What is Camu Camu?
Camu Camu is an antioxidant-rich berry from the Amazon packed with 30x more vitamin C than an orange.
- Argan Oil – Providing instant, non-comedogenic hydration to the skin while naturally occurring triterpenoids work to heal scar tissue, reduce inflammation & protect the skin. Containing over 80% essential fatty acids, as well as naturally occurring vitamin E, this exotic oil works to moisturize & revitalize the skin.
- Sea Buckthorn Berry – This berry native to the Tibetan Himalayas, is rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, E, K, P, carotenoids, flavonoids, phenols, folic acid & fatty acids. In fact, the buckthorn berry is the only plant in the world to contain omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 all together.
- Blueberry Extract – This superfruit is rich in antioxidants including vitamins A & C that protect the skin by neutralizing aging free radicals. Blueberries have been shown to reduce the rigidity of capillary walls underneath the skin, promoting circulation & aiding in the reduction of redness & flushing.
- Pomegranate Oil - Potent antioxidant that is a high source of ellagic acid, a polyphenol that has been shown to inhibit the growth of skin cancer. Believed to also mediate the effects of ultraviolet rays & skin discoloration.
- Camu Camu Berry – Amazonian berry with 30x the vitamin C of an orange.
- Broccoli Extract – A recent study at John Hopkins found that broccoli extract applied topically reduced UV induced redness & inflammation by an average of 37%. This is thought to be a result of the sulforaphane found in broccoli.
- Raspberry Seed Extract – High in antioxidants such as vitamin E, vitamin A, and omega fatty acids 3 & 6, raspberry seed extract is also know for its anti-inflammatory and anti-septic qualities. High in ellagic acid, a natural polyphenol, raspberry seed extract provides UV protective benefits, while protecting the skin from damaging free radicals.
- Strawberry Extract – Another antioxidant-rich berry, Strawberry extract has been shown to have UV protective effects on the skin.
- Goji Berry – Containing 18 vital amino acids, zinc, selenium, phosphorus and vitamins B1, B2, B6, C & E, goji berries provide the skin with essential nutrients and antioxidants. In fact, the superfruit contains more beta carotene than carrots, and even more iron than spinach.
- Hemp Seed Extract - Rich in omegas 3, 6 & 9, as well as antioxidants, hemp seed oil provides the skin with instant moisturizing and protective benefits.
- Grape Seed Extract - One of nature’s most potent antioxidants, shown to inhibit UV generated skin damage and protect skin from free radicals.
- Sunflower Seed Oil - Rich in vitamins A, D & E, as well as essential fatty acids, sunflower seed oil has natural moisturizing and anti-inflammatory effects on the skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are their products cruelty-free?
How do I get the best results from my Mad Hippie products?
A major difference between people who get great results from their skin care products and those who do not is how well they rub them into their skin. When rubbing skin care products in though it is essential to be very gentle and to not pull or tug on the skin. Instead, use more of a gentle upward massaging motion helping the actives fully penetrate without stretching or pulling the skin.
How long does it take to start seeing the effects of Mad Hippie?
The thing we have to remember about skin damage, wrinkles and other signs of aging, is that they take many years to occur. Treating ailments of the skin through natural ingredients is the safest and most effective means, but one should not expect overnight results. Instead expect to see marked improvements in 30-60 days, with the full results taking 90+ days. With continued use, you can keep your skin looking healthy, bright and beautiful regardless of your age.
What is the difference between the exfoliating serum and vitamin A serum?
Great question! While both are exfoliants, they work in different ways. The exfoliating serum uses alpha hydroxy acids to break the lipid bonds that hold on the outer layer of dead, dull skin, while the vitamin A serum enhances cellular turnover. Some people prefer alpha hydroxy acids, while some prefer vitamin A. It’s really hard to say which exfoliant is best for you, as each person’s skin type varies some. While traditionally vitamin A is more drying than alpha hydroxy acids, our vitamin A formulation with retinyl retinoate is actually quite hydrating.
Can I use the vitamin A serum & the exfoliating serum?
It’s probably not necessary as both work to exfoliate the skin, but for those who would prefer to use both, stagger the two products from night to night (ie. exfoliating serum one night, vitamin A serum the next). Or, use one product for 3-4 weeks, then switch to the other. We normally recommend to not layer these two products on top of each other as it could cause irritation and increased skin sensitivity due to over-exfoliation.
What order should I use my products in?
They recommend gently massaging the vitamin C serum into your skin in the morning after washing and drying thoroughly. Wait 5 minutes after applying the serum & apply the creams. Apply the face cream to the entire face, including eye area, then apply the eye cream beside and below the eyes—making sure to rub both creams in well, particularly around wrinkle prone areas. Follow this with our extra hydrating antioxidant facial oil as the final & last step. At night, follow the same steps but replace the vitamin C serum with an exfoliant: either the exfoliating serum or vitamin A serum. If just using the creams, wait a couple minutes after washing your face when skin is fully dry to apply.
Are their face cream and eye cream bottles BPA-free? Recycled / Recyclable?
Yes, their airless pumps are BPA-free, and fully recyclable. Most airless pumps on the market contain both metal and plastic, Mad Hippie’s pumps are entirely plastic though making them fully recyclable.
Should I wear sunscreen while using Mad Hippie?
Absolutely! If you are going to be out in the sun for more than a 10 minute stretch, it is a good idea to wear sunscreen. Look for sunscreens that are ALL NATURAL with physical blocking agents such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. The majority of the sunscreens that are not all natural contain chemical blocking agents such as oxybenzone (a chemical that absorbs through the skin and contaminates the bodies of 97% of Americans according to the CDC) and parabens (a hormone blocker that mimics estrogen) that can be more detrimental to the body than the sun itself. So remember, when slathering up in sunscreen, GO ALL NATURAL
Where should I keep my Mad Hippie products?
Mad Hippie products can be kept at room temperature wherever you would like. Avoid keeping your products in the heat or exposed to UV rays though.
About Mad Hippie
At Mad Hippie they take skin care seriously, but they also take corporate responsibility seriously.
They know and appreciate the faith a customer puts into a company when buying their line, and that’s why they strive to always make the safest, most effective products possible.
It can’t stop there though. They also take their responsibility to the planet seriously & that’s why they are always working to further reduce their carbon footprint and impact on the environment. From recently switching to some of the only BPA-free, fully recyclable airless pumps on the market, to printing solely with soy inks & running their entire facility off alternative energy, Mad Hippie is dedicated to the preservation of the environment.
So, give their natural skin care products a try and feel good knowing you are taking a step towards healthier, more beautiful skin, while we work together towards a healthier, more beautiful planet.