Lansinoh mOmma Bottle Kit with Nipples
Lansinoh mOmma Bottle Kit with Nipples is patented with 50 years of research - so you can give your baby your precious breastmilk while you are away, but have the confidence that your baby will return to your breast when you get home.
Lansinoh mOmma Bottle Kit with Nipples includes:
- 2 Feeding Bottles (5oz/150ml)
- 2 Feeding Bottles (8.4oz/250ml)
- 2 Slow-Flow NaturalWave Peristaltic Nipples
- 2 Medium-Flow NaturalWave Peristaltic Nipples
- 2 Fast-Flow NaturalWave Peristaltic Nipples
- 1 mOmma Cleaning Brush
Lansinoh mOmma Feeding Bottle with NaturalWave Nipple features:
- New Lansinoh mOmma Bottle: Clinically proven to help maintain established breastfeeding patterns.
- Nipple Tip: Controls milk flow and is available in slow, medium, and fast flow to meet your baby's changing needs.
- Nipple Design: One-piece, hassle free. Promotes oral, facial, and jaw development. Allows baby to mimic natural sucking rhythm.
- Wide Nipple Base: Encourages wider latch-on, similar to baby's natural latch.
- 100% Silicone: BPA free. Super soft and flexible, designed for optimal compression. Long lasting clear material.
- AVS Air Ventilation System: Reduces intake of gas, a potential cause of colic or spit up
- Wide Bottle: Easy to pour into, easy to clean.
- Round Bottle: Easy and comfortable for baby to hold. Polypropylene bottle, safe for breastmilk storage, BPA free.
- Protective Cover: Leak-free and hygienic while on the go.
- Interchangeable with mOmma Non-Spill and Straw cup lids: Grows with your baby and provides extended value.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research does Lansinoh have to support this nipple?
The Lansinoh mOmma NaturalWave™ Peristaltic Nipple is substantiated through over 50 years of research that shows that when baby’s use it, they are utilizing the same actions they use when nursing naturally. Lansinoh has done additional research out of the UK that underscores the importance of this nipple for a breastfed baby. It is the ideal product for breastfeeding moms who will be apart from their babies, due to work or other reasons, so they can know that their baby will more easily go from breast to bottle and back to breast because this nipple minimizes the potential confusion or preference towards an artificial nipple that does not allow baby to engage the same natural-like actions.
Why is a wide-neck nipple better?
The nipple was created as a wide, rounded shape so it slopes gradually and allows baby to open widely as she latches onto the NaturalWave™ Peristaltic Nipple much like a baby would when nursing at the breast. Having a wide-open latch also enables baby to compress the nipple enough to draw the milk out but the special internal textured ridges ensure that the nipple does not compress completely. If the nipple was completely flattened out, i.e. compressed, the opening would be closed and baby would not be able to draw the milk out.
What does Peristaltic mean?
Peristaltic is the wave-like type of motion the baby's tongue makes when eliciting milk from a mother's breast. Researchers from the University of Leeds (UK) studied how breastfed babies bottle feed and conducted research on the Lansinoh momma NaturalWave™ Peristaltic Nipple. They confirmed years of previous research that has found that babies use two actions when nursing at the breast: peristaltic/wave-like motion of the tongue and extractive motion (vacuum/sucking) in milk removal from the breast and confirmed that the NaturalWave™ Peristaltic Nipple allows babies to suck in the same way using the same actions.
Nothing can ever replicate at-the-breast natural feeding but the NaturalWave™ Peristaltic Nipple was designed in a way to as closely as possible replicate these circumstances so babies do not have to re-learn sucking from this nipple or possibly get what is commonly known as "nipple confusion" or a "nipple preference" (for the artificial nipple) when going from breastfeeding to bottle feeding and vice-versa.
What makes the Lansinoh™ mOmma™ bottle different from other bottles and what are the key features and benefits?
The Lansinoh mOmma bottle grows with your baby in that it has a unique, round shape that is comfortable for mom's and baby's hands and the rocking bottom option encourages free play and stimulates development per the AAP recommendation (see policy statement for more details).
The bottle is part of the mOmma system in that it is interchangeable with the mOmma non-spill and straw cup tops so when baby transitions away from the bottle and nipple, mom can put non-spill or straw top onto existing bottle, providing mom with an extended value.
The wide mouth is helpful in that it is easy to fill and easy to clean.
What is the significance of the Air Ventilation System™ (AVS)?
The Air Ventilation System™ reduces gas and the intake of air so it reduces the symptoms commonly associated with colic and fussiness.
Does Lansinoh also have other flow nipples?
The Lansinoh™ mOmma™ NaturalWave™ Peristaltic Nipples come in slow, medium and fast flow depending on your baby’s needs.
Some babies will prefer the slower flow but other babies will prefer the medium or fast flows and this often has to do with the way a baby nurses at the breast. Lansinoh wants to offer moms the choice rather than only giving one flow option that is supposed to work for all babies because they know all babies are different and their preferences are different.
Are Lansinoh™ mOmma™ Bottles BPA-free?
Lansinoh™ mOmma™ bottles and NaturalWave™ Peristaltic Nipples are BPA-free. They are made of polypropylene plastic which is also chemical additive-free.
Are Lansinoh™ mOmma™ bottles and nipples dishwasher safe?
Lansinoh™ mOmma™ bottles and NaturalWave™ Peristaltic Nipples are dishwasher safe.
Quality & Design
- Round Shapes: The most ergonomic for baby's tiny hands. And also the first and the most fascinating shapes baby comes into contact with as they were his Mummy's breasts, the first round shapes.
- Movement: Roly-poly is one of the favorite games of small babies. It stimulates motility, making mealtimes a moment of entertainment...
- Hygiene: The product rocks but without getting dirty: the point of suction does not come into contact with the surfaces of tables or highchairs, thus ensuring maximum hygiene during mealtimes.
- Intelligent Evolution: The product can be transformed to satisfy baby's needs ensuring maximum ease of use for parents.
- Soft Materials: The line has been designed combining several materials, thus ensuring constant softness and ease of gripping.
- Non-Slip Materials: The special rubber coating makes the entire range non-slip, thus ensuring the perfect adhesion of the products to tables and high chairs.
- Bright Colours: The new colour line stimulates baby's curiosity and makes him eager to experience his surroundings.
- Take-Away: Non-spill system, protective covers and space-saving function. The entire range has been designed to make it easy to carry around and eat meals outside the house, ensuring constant hygiene and occupying as little space as possible.
- Leading-Edge Technology: mOmma products have been designed to grow together with baby and ensure maximum ease of use for parents.
- Italian Design: The line also helps parents in taking care of their babies through these intelligent and beautiful products, the result of innovation and modern Italian design.
All mOmma products are carefully tested before distribution by the relevant officially recognized bodies.
These bodies check that the product complies to precise safety standards and authorize their distribution by issuing a certificate that is available upon request.
mOmma only distributes certified products. In Europe EN and in the US ASTM, we also have Russian, Japanese and other certifications available.
mOmma products do not contain bisphenol A (BPA) or PVC or Phtalate or any toxic substance. mOmma products are made of the best first class quality material.
Research and Development
All mOmma products are the outcome of long and deep analysis into the requirements of babies during feeding, conducted in collaboration with many experts in the sector.
This innovative line is patented covering technological and/or design aspects.
Baby Solutions SA was established in Switzerland in January 2006 by Jacques Naim and his wife Marcela.
Jacques is a veteran of the baby industry having worked for many years for some of the world leading brands. Jacques was always interested in ‘design’ and had commissioned important projects to design icons like Philippe Stark and Keith Haring.
When the opportunity came to create a modern, innovative, design oriented, colourful and functional line of baby products, answering babies’ and parents’ needs: mOmma came to life...
Baby Solutions is a flexible, always young and active company, able to promptly recognize the needs of modern parents and to optimize its’ team competence and professionalism to answer their expectations for an always updated and fresh line.
The immediate recognition of mOmma’s innovation and the European distribution created the necessity to start an affiliate company in nearby Italy: Baby Solutions Italia established in 2008, with the task of managing essentially the European distribution from an Italian warehouse in the Como province.
mOmma is an innovative range of toddler feeding products that were specially designed to promote development. This revolutionary line combines Italian style, round shape, bright colors, and a unique rocking motion to engage, entertain and stimulate your toddler during mealtime.
Growing up is child's play...
The rocking motion of mOmma products stimulates and engages baby during mealtime to promote development. Safe and hygienic, the cups rock but always remain upright so that the tops don't come into contact with the surface of tables or highchairs, ensuring maximum hygiene.
To support innovative product research and development that can interpret babies' needs and to help new couples to look efficiently after their children needs putting in their little hands nicely designed products that will not only serve their purpose but also educate their eye to nice products.
To combine function and beauty, and to surround baby with attractive products starting from their early days, because beauty is also a value that must be taught to your babies.
To guarantee satisfaction.
To develop, test and manufacture safe products so that parents and child can fully and happily experience them.
mOmma is gaining more recognition every day, thanks to the professional and creative capabilities of its experienced team.
The brand’s strength comes from direct and constant contact with babies and their world, continually listening to young fathers and mothers and understanding their needs better. mOmma’s team is constantly in search of innovative and efficient solutions and of reliable manufacturers of the best quality that guarantees the high performance of mOmma products which are problem solving, attractive and safe.
Their constant contact with babies and parents showed them the way to the right decisions, mOmma consider them part of the research team, as are all the parents who write to them and suggest how they can improve the performance of mOmma in coordination with their designers and engineers.
mOmma's panel of pediatricians also help them understand babies' needs and test their new products.
Accredited laboratories certify mOmma quality and their compliance with the norms.