Metagenics UltraMeal Plus 360 Medical Food Natural Chocolate Mint Flavor - 25.7 oz. (1 lb. 9.7 oz.) (728 g)
Metagenics Chocolate Mint Flavor UltraMeal Plus 360° is a medical food formulated to provide specialized, multi-mechanistic nutritional support for patients with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease by supplying a combination of Acacia nilotica extract, reduced iso-alpha acids (RIAA), plant sterols, and heart-healthy soy protein and isoflavones.
In individuals with metabolic syndrome and high cholesterol, the ingredients in Metagenics UltraMeal Plus 360° Chocolate Mint Flavor along with a diet and exercise have been clinically shown in a preliminary study to:
- Lower the apolipoprotein B-to-apolipoprotein A1 (apoB/apoA1) ratio
- Reduce total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglyceride levels
- Increase HDL cholesterol ("good" cholesterol) levels
Each serving of Metagenics UltraMeal Plus 360° provides:
- 15 g of non-genetically engineered, identify-preserved soy protein.
- 2 g of plant sterols per serving. The National Institutes of Health recommends consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols to promote healthy cholesterol levels. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Selective kinase response modulators (SKRMs) in the form of RIAA and Acacia nilotica extract which have been clinically shown to improve fasting insulin and triglyceride levels.
- 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) - a body-ready, nature-identical folate - to promote healthy homocysteine levels for cardiovascular health.
- Low-glycemic-index meal option to help support healthy insulin function and blood sugar levels.
- High quality foundation nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disease.
The National Cholesterol Education Panel of the National Institutes of Health recommends a healthy diet and regular exercise, along with the consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols and 10-25 grams of fiber daily, to promote cardiovascular health.
- Proprietary formula features SKRMsaEU"reduced iso-alpha acids (RIAA) and acaciaaEU"clinically shown in a preliminary study at the Metagenics Functional Medicine Research CenterA to improve fasting insulin and lipid parameters.
- Features a proprietary blend of soy protein and 2 grams of plant sterols per serving in accordance with NIH recommendations.
- Provides a heart-healthy meal option with a good source of fiber and foundation nutrition.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does UltraMeal PLUS 360º Medical Food compare to other products or approaches?
Lifestyle therapy is recommended as a first line of therapy for conditions associated with metabolic syndrome and heart disease. In a 12-week clinical study conducted at the FMRC, this medical food program (UltraMeal PLUS 360 ingredients, low-glycemic-load diet & exercise) addressed heart disease risk factors more effectively than identical diet/exercise recommendations alone. And it contains only natural ingredients for a safer approach.
How does UltraMeal PLUS 360º Medical Food work?
This clinically reviewed medical food offers a safer approach with a multi-mechanistic blend of research-based ingredients--including novel selective kinase response modulators, soy, and plant sterols--designed to help support vital body functions, such as blood sugar levels and blood lipid metabolism. It's formulated for use with lifestyle recommendations (low-glycemic-load diet, exercise) to help promote lean body mass and positively influence cardiovascular health.
How long is UltraMeal PLUS 360º Medical Food typically recommended?
For cholesterol management, the NIH recommends a 12-week follow-up for blood work to measure lifestyle therapy effectiveness. With this program, many people report changes such as increased energy and reduced waist size in just a few weeks. Those monitoring blood sugar and/or blood pressure at home may notice improvements soon after starting the program. This product may also be recommended for long-term support. Follow your health care provider's recommendations for best results.
Who would benefit from UltraMeal PLUS 360º Medical Food?
People with conditions associated with metabolic syndrome and heart disease, such as elevated blood pressure, cholesterol, and/or triglycerides--as well as elevated waist circumference, fat-to-lean mass ratio, and/or blood sugar/insulin levels.
Why is UltraMeal PLUS 360º Medical Food safe?
Medical foods must contain ingredients generally regarded as safe (GRAS) or be FDA approved, and Metagenics continually evaluates formula ingredients in concert with current nutritional research for optimal safety and effectiveness. Plus, Metagenics' manufacturing facility has 3 certifications for good manufacturing practices to ensure the highest quality. Key active ingredients in this formula were developed through the ExpresSyn Process(r) that sets a new standard in clinical certainty for natural products via demonstrated efficacy, bioavailability, and a high level of predicted safety. (This product is not recommended for those taking anti-coagulant medications. UltraMeal(r) Plus Medical Food may be an excellent alternative. UltraMeal(r) PLUS 360 RICE Medical Food may be an alternative for those with hyperlipidemia who may be sensitive to soy.)