Pioneer 1+ Vitamin Mineral Iron-Free - 60 Vegetarian Tablets
Pioneer 1+ Vitamin Mineral Iron-Free is a complete and unique once or twice daily multi formula. High in antioxidants; green foods based. Pioneer 1+ Vitamin Mineral formula (1+ VM) is an outstanding, 100% vegetarian multi of exceptional quality, potency and effectiveness. Pioneer 1+ Vitamin Mineral Iron-Free is designed with built-in dose flexibility depending on individual needs.
The Story of Pioneer 1+ Vitamin Mineral.
When the Pioneer clinicians decided to make a once-daily multi, they knew it wouldn’t be easy for several reasons:
- It is impossible to fit enough of everything into just one tablet.
- To enable maximum absorption, it is preferable to spread smaller servings out over 24 hours.
- The higher quality, more bioavailable ingredients often take up more space, resulting in a very large tablet.
Despite such challenges, they believed that there was a way to formulate an excellent product without compromising on quality standards.
They set out to:
- Design a flexible-serving 1/day that would be complete when taken just once daily, but could be taken twice daily for added nutrition, if preferred.
- Choose high, effective potencies and ratios of every vitamin, mineral and trace nutrient. (This was achieved with the exception of only two minerals, calcium and magnesium. Due to their extra-large molecular size, these ingredients had to be included in smaller amounts – true for all 1/day multis.)
- Select the highest quality, most absorbable ingredients available, regardless of cost.
- Emphasize antioxidants, minerals & natural trace nutrients.
- Use only pure ingredients that have been rigorously screened for heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides & fungicides, resulting in a truly “clean” supplement.
Consider These Pioneer Advantages:
- Flexible Daily Serving System. One of the unique features of 1+Vitamin Mineral is its flexible serving system. 1+VM tablet was perhaps the first complete once-daily multi specifically designed to be taken either once or twice per day. The capsule format offers the greatest flexibility, as up to four capsules a day may be taken in divided servings.
Customizing individual daily requirements is easy. In general, recommended doses are:
- 2 Capsules ONCE Daily for General Health Maintenance
- 2 Capsules TWICE Daily for High Stress Lifestyle/Sports & Fitness/ Other High Nutritional Need
- Unlike time-released, once-daily vitamins that often break down incompletely, 1+ and 1+1 Vitamin Mineral disintegrate efficiently
within 30 minutes for rapid absorption.
- Potent Antioxidant Protection. Environmental pollutants, cigarette smoke, alcohol, radiation, drugs and other toxic substances create dangerous free radicals that can depress the body’s natural defense system and predispose cells to premature aging and death. PIONEER 1+ VM contains meaningful levels of numerous free radical-fighting antioxidants, including vitamins C and E, beta carotene, mixed carotenoids and selenium.
- Highly Bioavailable Nutrient Forms. Current research suggests that many of the select forms of nutrients used in 1+ VM are closer to the body’s own chemistry than commonly used forms. Although far more costly, these preferred forms are more efficiently absorbed, transported and utilized within the cells of the body. They include the chelates aspartate, glycinate, citrate, malate, methionate, picolinate and glutathionate, B-coenzymes and sea vegetable trace minerals.
- Multiple Sources of Vitamins and Minerals. The ability to absorb specific nutrients differs from individual to individual, and in some, pathways for absorption may be blocked. Using multiple forms and sources gives the body a greater opportunity to recognize and utilize each nutrient. Six of the vitamins and nine of the chelated minerals in 1+ VM are derived from two or more sources of the same nutrient (e.g.: zinc from picolinate, lysinate and methionate).
- Biologically Active B Coenzymes. Riboflavin 5’phosphate, pyridoxal 5’ phosphate and coenzymated B12 are the most highly absorbable pre-activated B vitamins available. Since they don’t need to be converted in the liver, they may be directly transported to needed sites in the body.
- Natural Source Trace Minerals & Micronutrients. Concentrated natural food sources including spirulina, chlorella, and our exclusive sea vegetable blend (3:3:3:1 Dulse:Wakame: Bladderwrack:Kelp) provide 1+VM with important trace elements and other micronutrients that are often absent from food grown in commercial soils. Green Foods (a full 200 mg per serving of Hawaiian spirulina and broken cell chlorella) contain naturally occurring protein (50%-60% by weight), beta carotene, detoxifying chlorophyll, B12 and other B vitamins.
- With Iron, and Iron-Free. Recent research suggests that supplementation with high levels of iron is not helpful for some people. 1+Vitamin Mineral contains a modest 4 mg of this essential nutrient per serving (22% of the USDV). This amount will be sufficient for some individuals while others may require additional iron. Still others may desire no supplemental iron and prefer
one of our Iron-Free versions. Ask your health professional about how much iron, if any, is right for you.
- 100% Vegetarian. All of the ingredients in each of the four versions of 1+Vitamin Mineral have been carefully selected to come from non-animal sources.
- Verified Gluten Free. Like all Pioneer formulas, every version of 1+ Vitamin Mineral is made with strictly gluten free ingredients and tested at an independent laboratory to assure that absolutely no detectable gluten or gliadin is present in the finished tablets or capsules.
Gluten-Free & Vegetarian
All Pioneer formulas are Verified Gluten-Free & Most Are Vegetarian
Laboratory Verified • Clinician-formulated
People with food intolerances may need extra support when it comes to vitamins and minerals. Intestinal malabsorption due to gluten sensitivity causes nutrient deficiencies that can be corrected safely with a gluten-free diet and verified gluten-free nutritional supplementation.
Pioneer is committed to helping people with gluten intolerance meet their increased nutritional needs. To do this, they require that all raw ingredients are gluten-free. In addition, Pioneer tests every batch of finished product using state of the art ELISA methodologies. Products must test below a detectable limit of 10 ppm. Their detectable limit standard is twice as strict as the proposed FDA standard of 20 ppm for gluten-free labeling. Each batch of Pioneer product must pass the below 10 ppm gluten test before it is released for sale.
As the leaders in finished product gluten testing, Pioneer is proud to support the celiac community with top quality, clinician-formulated, verified gluten-free nutritional supplements - products designed for maximum absorption and benefit as suggested by current, published scientific research.
A peer-reviewed scientific paper published by Pioneer explains why and how people with celiac disease absorb nutrients less efficiently than unaffected individuals.
Conclusion: High level nutrient supplementation can be extremely beneficial - and perhaps critical - for those with celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
Why Choose Pioneer?
Formulation & Education
Formulas are derived and verified by practicing health professionals (MDs, NDs, DCs, dieticians, herbalists, etc.) with extensive real world clinical experience in preventive medicine.
Products are motivated first by therapeutic need, not marketing considerations.
Formulas are based on substantial collective professional knowledge of the nutrition research literature.
The entire line of products is formulated as an integrated, mutually supportive nutritional system.
Formulas are of high ethical standard -- no-nonsense professional formulas, the same ones they give their patients.
They use higher levels of superior quality ingredients in their formulas.
Honest nutrient amounts are based on what health professionals actually use, not "pixie dust" amounts.
True full disclosure includes ratios of all ingredients -- no games played with labels.
Read their labels! Compare with other brands for quantity and quality of ingredients.
Full commitment is given to patient/customer health, nutrition education and product education.
Free Health Education Library features a variety of publications -- brochures, fact sheets, etc.-- that are purely educational, not product-linked.
Thoroughly researched educational materials are written from a friendly and informative perspective by licensed holistic clinicians.
Clinician-formulated... since 1984
Pioneer Nutritional Formulas is nationally recognized for science-based nutritional supplements of impeccable integrity. Therapeutic excellence and uncompromising attention to detail guide the creation of all Pioneer products. Their professional quality supplements are formulated by a team of holistic healthcare practitioners in the tradition of founder Jim Lemkin, ND, CNS.
In matters of health, knowledge is power. The Pioneer brand is a noted leader in full-disclosure labeling and detailed product information. Their Pioneer Health Education Library serves to empower patients and customers with professionally written, peer-reviewed brochures, fact sheets and support literature. Together, these materials set a high standard for meaningful, informative, accurate health education within the supplement industry.
Pioneer has been a trusted brand sold to doctors, patients, and discerning consumers for more than twenty years. They are committed to social responsibility in all they do.
Who Pioneer Is Today
Their line includes broad-spectrum vitamin/mineral supplements, superior calcium/magnesium products, and many other specialized formulas targeting specific health concerns. For informed consumers, their reputation for quality without compromise and honest labeling practices has earned Pioneer a name synonymous with integrity.
Located in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, they occupy a spacious, sun-lit, post and beam building and employ a caring, supportive staff. Their qualified team of technical and administrative assistants ensures the management and smooth running of the company. Growth has brought many changes to Pioneer, but it has not changed their deep commitment to health, a commitment that they warmly share with you.
Pioneer Nutritional Formulas, Inc. is a socially responsible company founded by practicing holistic clinicians. Their first commitment is to producing superior quality, cost-effective nutritional formulas. Since 1984, they have led the industry in providing impeccably honest, full-disclosure literature and packaging. They are driven first by clinical effectiveness, not marketing margins. They choose to put only superior quality nutrients into each bottle.
Pioneer believes that wellness education is a cornerstone of achieving and maintaining vibrant health. Their Health Education Library, published for the benefit of retailers and consumers includes educational materials which are free of hype, claims and product-linked information. As part of their very real commitment to health education, they provide this literature at no charge.