A+D Zinc Oxide Cream - 4 oz (113g)
A+D Zinc Oxide Cream helps treat diaper rash to help ease your baby's discomfort. A+D Diaper Rash Cream contains zinc oxide, the #1 pediatrician recommended ingredient to treat diaper rash. A+D Zinc Oxide Cream allows skin to heal naturally and is moisturizing with aloe. A+D Zinc Oxide Cream also protects minor skin irritation due to diaper rash and helps seal out wetness.
What is Diaper Rash?
Diaper rash is easy to spot and easy to treat. It is a red, patchy irritation found on baby's skin in the genital area, the folds of the thighs and the buttocks. Don't worry, Mom, all babies get diaper rash from time to time.
What Causes Diaper Rash?
Babies are so susceptible to diaper rash that wet and soiled diapers can irritate baby's delicate skin. Naturally, if your baby is in a wet diaper for too long, she will be more prone to getting a rash.
Some of the most common causes of diaper rash to be aware of are:
- Irritation due to bowel movements
- Irritation due to moisture from sweat and urine (even the most absorbent diapers leave some wetness behind)
- Not drying the skin thoroughly after a diaper change
- Diaper chafing/friction
- Change in food or introducing new foods
How Can I Prevent My Baby From Getting Diaper Rash?
Use A+D Original Ointment at every diaper change to help prevent your baby from ever getting diaper rash.
Just as you protect and condition your skin every day, you can do the same for your baby:
- Help Prevent diaper rash by applying a generous layer of A+D Original Ointment on baby's bottom, genital area and the folds of the thighs at every diaper change.
- It is safe to use everyday.
A+D Ointment is uniquely formulated to create a protective barrier on baby's skin, preventing irritation from wetness, soiled diapers, and diaper chafing.
What If My Baby Gets Diaper Rash?
Treat with A+D Zinc Oxide Cream.
It contains the #1 Pediatrician recommended ingredient, Zinc Oxide, to treat and calm the rash, relieve discomfort, and protect your baby's precious skin. These simple tips to treat diaper rash will soothe your baby's skin quickly
and will help prevent diaper rash from recurring:
- At the first sign of redness, apply an even, liberal coat of A+D Zinc Oxide Cream to the entire diaper area at every diaper change
- Change baby's wet diaper as soon as possible
- Soak your baby's bottom in clean, tepid water. Avoid using soap or disposable wipes, which may irritate the skin
- Allow your baby's skin to air dry without a diaper for short periods during the day
- Avoid non-breathable fabrics and plastic pants
With proper care, most diaper rashes will disappear within a few days. If the rash lasts longer, consult your pediatrician.
Use as directed.
Keeping your baby's bottom clean and dry is an important part of preventing diaper rash. Follow these twelve steps and incorporate A+D Original Ointment for an easy diapering routine.
- To avoid prolonged exposure to irritants and wetness, you should change diapers promptly after soiling.
- Keep all of the diapering items you need together: diapers, wipes or a soft damp cloth, a small towel or a dry wash cloth for drying, a clean change of clothes and A+D Original Ointment or A+D Zinc Oxide Cream.
- Wash and dry your hands before you begin, or wipe with a fresh diaper wipe.
- Choose a surface that allows you to work easily while keeping your baby safe. When possible, you may prefer to use a changing table.
- Make sure your baby is comfortable and not fidgeting. It may be helpful to use a toy to keep your baby distracted. Be careful not to leave your baby unattended, not even for a moment.
- Remove the soiled diaper.
- Thoroughly cleanse the diaper area including creases and folds. Disposable wipes are convenient, and a washcloth with warm water and soap is also acceptable. (To avoid bacterial infections, take care to clean girls' diaper areas from front to back.)
- Carefully blot your baby dry with a dry washcloth. Avoid rubbing, as this may irritate their delicate skin.
- Prevent diaper rash by applying a generous layer of A+D Original Ointment on baby's bottom, genital area and the folds of the thighs at every diaper change. If you are treating diaper rash, apply an even, liberal coat of A+D Zinc Oxide Cream to the entire diaper area at every diaper change.
- Put the diaper on, making sure that it fits snugly but not too tightly.
- Dispose of soiled diaper in a covered diaper pail.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use a fresh diaper wipe.
Diaper Bag Checklist
To help make diapering on the go more manageable, here are some items that are recommended to have in your diaper bag.
- Diapers (one for every two hours you'll be away, plus one or two extras)
- Diaper covers, if you use cloth diapers
- Baby wipes, or a couple of wet washcloths stored in a resealable plastic bag
- A+D Original Ointment and A+D Zinc Oxide Cream
- Formula and bottles (extra disposable bottle bags if used)
- Nursing pads (if you are breastfeeding)
- One or two receiving blankets (include one heavier baby blanket if weather is cool)
- A changing pad and burp cloth
- One or two bibs
- An extra pacifier, if used
- A toy (to keep your baby occupied)
- An extra set of clothes
- Teething rings (teething pain reliever if needed), and other quiet play things
- A couple of small plastic bags for disposing of diapers, or bringing dirty clothes home
- Baby food and feeding utensils, or snacks for the older baby (and for Mom and Dad)
- Any medications child may be on, along with an appropriate medicine dispenser
- Antibacterial water-less hand cleaner for Mom or Dad and a couple of wet-wipes for baby
- If time away from home is over an hour, pack an extra bottle of water. The water can be used to mix powdered formula or to drink
- Consider powdered formula if there are no refrigeration accommodations at the destination, and if the time away from home is over two hours
- Sunscreen for infants 6 months and older (younger children should be kept out of the sun)
Use A+D at every diaper change, and baby may never get another diaper rash. Your baby's skin is like nothing else on earth- soft, supple and amazingly silky. Because it's so delicate, it requires a special understanding to help care for and nurture it. A+D products have helped new moms protect their babies' skin for generations. With a little help from the A+D brand, you can keep your baby's skin as precious as the first day you touched it.