SmartyPants - All-in-One Multivitamin + Omega 3 + Vitamin D For Adults - 180 Gummies
SmartyPants All-in-One Multivitamin Supplement + Omega-3 + Vitamin D started with a conversation between parents, entrepreneurs, and health care practitioners sharing their collective frustrations. Was it too much to ask that vitamins be clean, safe, easy to take, nutrient dense AND yummy too? Should people need a PHD to understand the vitamin aisle? They don’t think so. Everyone deserves a simpler solution that makes it more likely people get all the nutrients they need every day. And so, the all-in-one for everyone was born.
What You Get:
- The Only All-in-One Premium Gummy Multivitamin + Omega 3 + Vitamin D
- Excellent Source of Omega 3 DHA & EPA from eco-friendly small fish oil
- Excellent Source of Vitamin D (225% RDI) + B Vitamins and includes 8 other key nutrients
- Organic Sweeteners only, NO High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Natural organic, and eco-friendly ingredients. Made in California with love!
- Yummy, naturally flavored lemon, strawberry-banana, and orange
- SmartyPants use only the best quality ingredients, are GMP-certified & FDA-compliant, and are tested for purity by an independent lab. Made with natural colors & flavors and NO High Fructose Corn Syrup. Gluten- & casein-free. They never use any fake or artificial flavors, sweeteners, or dyes!
- Their Omega 3 DHA & EPA fish oil comes from eco-friendly sustainable small fish sources. No tuna or salmon oil, limiting the risk of mercury and PCB contamination.
GET HEALTH, GIVE HEALTH: Every time you buy a bottle of SmartyPants, we make a 1-to-1 matching nutrient grant to a child most in need through our partnership with Vitamin Angels.
Omega-3 acids have received an increasing amount of attention in recent years, and for good reason: Studies suggest that they are vital to brain health1 and development2 and may positively affect learning and behavior3,7,15. Omega-3 acids, also called Essential Fatty Acids, are polyunsaturated fats that are critical to good health3. Fats, like Omega 3 DHA, comprise about 60 percent of the brain and the nerves in the human body. The better the fat in one’s diet, the healthier and better performing a young brain can be. Though there is no recommended daily intake (RDI)* for Omega 3s, experts recommend a child intake between 100mg and 150mg of DHA (three-ounces of salmon provides about 600mg.)
- Omega-3 acids (DHA, EPA and ALA) are essential fatty acids that may play a critical role in a child’s learning ability, brain function and brain development, and could improve behavior in children with AD/HD.
- Omega-3 acids are concentrated in the brain and, along with omega-6 acids, are the main structural components of brain-cell membranes and the enzymes that help the membranes transport nutrients through the brain’s cells.
- Omega-3 acids are not produced by the body and must be acquired through food — fatty fish and nut oils, for instance — that are poorly represented in most North American diets, especially children.
- In addition to potential brain development and health benefits, when taken in food or supplements, these acids may also help prevent obesity, enhance immune function and reduce blood cholesterol and the risk of heart disease.
- NOTE: Children who bruise easily, have a bleeding disorder, or take blood-thinning medications should use omega-3 fatty acid supplements cautiously and on the advice of their doctor. High doses of omega-3 fatty acids may increase the risk of bleeding. Taking omega-3 fatty acid supplements may increase fasting blood-sugar levels.
Sources of Omega 3s
Perhaps the best source of omega 3 acids is fatty fish, such as mackerel, salmon, krill, herring, anchovies and sardines. The omega 3 acids in these fish comprise two acids: EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). A simpler omega-3, called ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), can be derived from nuts and plant sources, including linseed/flaxseed oil and leafy green vegetables like kale), and converted by the body into EPA & DHA. Vegetarian diets typically contain limited amounts of DHA and EPA because the body cannot easily convert ALA into DHA and EPA. Supplements for all three of these essential fatty acids are widely available. Ingestion of large fish such as tuna and salmon should be limited in young children due to the presence of potentially harmful environmental contaminants such as mercury and PCBs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What makes SmartyPants different from all the other vitamins?
SmartyPants is proud to combine a best-in-class multi-vitamin with top-of-the-line guaranteed toxin-free Fish Oils and the highest quality Vitamin D3 to create the only All-In-One Gummy available on the market. Their formula actually saves you money - if you had to buy the same quality individual components separately you would easily spend more than twice what SmartyPants charges per bottle. This is why they created SmartyPants in the first place: to give their own children the best All-In-One supplement available anywhere at a reasonable price.
Can I give this product to my child if he/she is under three years of age?
Because of a risk of choking, SmartyPants advises children under the age of three not to consume their gummies. Some parents cut up SmartyPants into smaller sizes for children younger than three years old, but SmartyPants can't advise you that this will totally eliminate a risk of choking in a child under three years old. As for dose, SmartyPants recommends you check with your healthcare professional until they are old enough to take 4-a-day.
Is SmartyPants soy free?
They are free of Soy Allergens. Because SmartyPants chose to use a Natural form of Vitamin E as opposed to synthetic, their Natural E is from soy distillates. It is not required to be labeled as an allergen as it is highly refined and does not contain allergenic proteins. But as they think they should always err on the side of safety, SmartyPants does not list soy on their "free of" list on their label. It is recommended that you share this information with your healthcare professional.
Are SmartyPants safe?
Yes! SmartyPants does not use any artificial dyes or flavors. They do not use any artificial sweeteners. They ONLY use NATURAL colors and flavors from natural sources (artificial dyes have been linked to behavior issues in children, among other things). They use organic cane sugar and organic tapioca. They source their Omega 3 DHA, and EPA from sustainable small fish sources so they're eco-friendly and don't have the same heavy metal, mercury or PCB issues that larger fish sources (such as salmon and tuna) often have. SmartyPants are an excellent source of Omega 3s without any of the environmental contaminant risks that come from eating fish, and they taste great!
How should I take my gummies? Top ways to enjoy SmartyPants.
SmartyPants has heard all sorts of ways that people like to eat SmartyPants. To maximize the nutrient impact SmartyPants recommends eating them twice a day after dinner and/or lunch or in the afternoon to help stave off dips in energy (thanks to the B-12). And in their Willy Wonka quest to maximize flavor (and keep you taking your vitamins) SmartyPants learned chilling SP in the fridge does wonders to bring out the lemon, orange and strawberry-banana flavor. Try it!
Are SmartyPants Gluten-free? Wheat free? Dairy free?
Yes, they are always free of gluten, wheat and dairy. All SmartyPants' products contain no yeast, wheat, milk, eggs, gluten, salt, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, artificial colors, artificial flavors, or salicylates.
How SmartyPants Got Started!
SmartyPants co-founders, Courtney and Gordon, were seeing a common problem. How to get kids all the nutrients they needed every day without all the expense and worry. All parents know the obstacles that stand in their way no matter how committed or how good their intentions: picky eaters, school lunches, little time, constrained budgets, veggies and fruits grown in less nutrient dense soil and overwhelming choice.
Visit any health food store or pharmacy. The shelves are lined with vitamins! But which ones were truly good for kids? Which ones would they eat? And would they take 3 different ones? SmartyPants knew vitamins weren't a cure all or a replacement for good eating, but faced with all the hurdles, they knew vitamins were an important insurance policy on their kids health. Courtney and Gordon went looking for a solution: an all-in-one vitamin that had all the good stuff with none of the bad in one easy serving they could feel good about giving to kids. The problem? There wasn't any such thing. And since that isn't a good enough answer, they decided to make one themselves.
Courtney and Gordon started this journey looking for a solution for the kids in their lives but the more they learned, the more frustrated they grew on behalf of all parents. High Fructose Corn Syrup? Blue # 5? Aspartame? Artificial sweeteners that have been linked to headaches, nerve damage and even seizures. Not exactly what you are looking for from your daily vitamin! Courtney and Gordon started buying separate vitamins, minerals and fish oils that they agreed belonged in their children, but the cost was outrageous.
Courtney and Gordon took the best vitamins in the right forms and proportions (no cyanocobalamin B-12, thank you - Courtney and Gordon don't need toxic cyanide in their children's bodies!), they took the best minerals and they took rigorously third-party tested, USP verified non-toxic fish oil derived from eco-friendly and sustainably harvested small fish - and they combined them into one delicious gummy vitamin.
And when many of their parent customers started asking if they could take them too, Courtney and Gordon launched SmartyPants for Adults, safe enough for children in a dose effective for adults.
Lack of nutrition effects those that can least afford it, so for every bottle you buy, SmartyPants makes a matching 1-for-1 nutrient grant to a child in need through their partnership with Vitamin Angels. SmartyPants hope you'll join them on their mission to help people everywhere get the nutrients they need.