Blue Green Algae by Klamath
Klamath - Blue Green Algae 500 mg. - 130 Tablets
Klamath Blue-Green Algae is naturally rich in amino acids, minerals, vitamins, fatty acids, chlorophyll and protein and may help increase energy, decrease fatigue, enhance brain function, oxygenate the blood, nourish the nervous system, improve memory and concentration, increase muscle mass, speed healing, protect against pollutants and radiation, purify the blood, prevent kidney stones, and improve over-all health.
Klamath Blue-Green Algae Highlights:
- Over 60% bioavailable micro protein
- A good source of Vitamins A and B12
What type of algae is Klamath Blue Green?
Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae (AFA).
Where is the algae harvested?
Directly from the Upper Klamath Lake in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
When is the algae harvested?
In the summertime, when the algae is in full bloom, generally from June to November.
How is the algae harvested?
The algae is harvested by a barge which scoops the algae from the lake. The algae then proceeds to the onboard collection tank where a process of filtration and dewatering occurs. The algae then goes to an insulated refrigerated stir tank that cools the algae to 35 degrees Fahrenheit. The algae is then put into a stainless steel refrigerated chill tank until it's transferred into a food grade tank and is transported to shore. The algae is then put through micro-filtration and purification processes and is immediately flash frozen and stored in the frozen state until the product is needed and released to be low temperature dried and made into products.
How is the algae processed?
The algae is low temperature dried; temperature is maintained below 105 degrees, preserving vital enzymes and nutrients in their natural state.
What is the suggested dosage for taking the algae?
The suggested adult dosage is to begin taking one capsule/tablet per day for the first week; two capsules/tablets per day for the second week; three capsules/tablets per day for the third week ; and finally four capsules/tablets per day which provides 2 grams of algae per day. You may want to adjust your dosage based on how your body interacts with the algae.
Can I take too much algae?
The algae is considered a whole food. Due to the dense nutrient content of Klamath Blue Green Algae, occasionally someone may experience over-stimulation or slight gastric upset. If this occurs, dosage should be reduced to one capsule until the body adjusts to the algae. After becoming familiar with the algae and its effects, you may want to increase or decrease the dosage.
When is the best time to take the algae?
The suggested time is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, even before coffee. You may split them up and take half in the morning and half in the afternoon. It is not recommended to take the algae at night unless you want to stay up for some reason (students, those who work at night, etc.)
Can I take the algae while pregnant or nursing?
Klamath Blue Green Algae is considered a whole food. If you have any concerns or questions, please consult your doctor or nutritionist.
Can I give the algae to my children?
Most certainly, but you do want to cut their dosage in half of the suggested adult dosage (1/2 gram or 1 capsule per day under age 13.)
Can the algae be taken with my other vitamins, medications, or herbs?
Yes, since the algae is considered a whole food it would be just like taking other food.
What are the benefits?
A whole food, Klamath Blue Green Algae is rich in Beta-Carotene, B-12, Chlorophyll, Essential and Non-Essential Amino Acids and all the Trace Minerals that your body needs for cell regeneration. It also has the nutritional balance to assist the immune system and enhance better brain and emotional functions.
What are the side effects, if any?
Used in the suggested dosage amounts, side effects do not typically occur. However, some gastric upset may initially appear, due to the fact that the algae works as a detoxification product. Some may experience minimal diarrhea, nausea, or stomach aches. If this occurs, dosage should be reduced by one capsule. On the other hand, if someone feels they aren't receiving the full benefits, they may want to increase the dosage by one capsule.
How much of the algae will my body absorb?
Klamath Blue Green contains up to 70% protein, more than any other whole food, in the shape and form that the body needs to use it. No change is required- over 98% of the nutrients can be used directly by the body in the same form, the same organic compounds the algae provides.
Is the algae fattening?
The algae contains 50 mg of fat (from plant-based lipids; no animal fat) per gram of algae (two capsules/tablets.) This tends to act as an appetite suppressant. There are 4 calories per gram of algae.
Is there any cholesterol in the algae?
What kind of quality control do you have concerning pollution, toxins, or debris?
After every harvest the algae is tested for all common bio-toxins. Every batch is also tested for Salmonella, E. Coli, Coliforms, Yeasts, Molds, and Aerobic Plate Count. The lake water is also tested every year for the presence of Fecal Bacteria, Coliform, Microcystin, and Nitrates. A Certificate of Purity is issued for every batch of algae that is used in our products.
What is the shelf life on the products?
The product has a shelf life of three years.
How long has your company been in business?
Power Organics, Inc. started their business in 1990.
What is your companies policy for a guarantee?
Power Organics, Inc. is 100% satisfaction guaranteed for a full refund. Return the unused portion to the store where you purchased it.
What is the difference between Klamath Blue Green Algae and Spirulina?
- Spirulina is grown in concrete or plastic ponds with a sodium chloride salt content, often 100 times greater than Klamath Blue Green Algae.
- Klamath Blue Green Algae is 98% assimilable and Spirulina is about 65-70% assimilable depending on how it is processed.
- Due to the fact that Klamath Lake has 30 to 40 ft of organic nutrient sediment from past volcanic activity; Klamath Blue Green Algae has about 40% more Calcium,100% more Chromium, five to ten times the Vitamin C content of Spirulina.
- Most Spirulina manufacturers do not low temperature dry but instead spray dry. This method is found to kill Enzymes, lose heat-sensitive components, and decrease the Beta-Carotene due to the high temperatures.
- Klamath Blue Green Algae is the "greenest superfood" known because it contains 300 mg of Chlorophyll, whereas Spirulina contains only 115 mg. Chlorophyll can be an effective detoxifier of environmental toxins.
What is the difference between Klamath Blue Green Algae and Chlorella?
- Much like Spirulina, Chlorella is also grown in man-made ponds.
- Chlorella is not a Blue Green Algae but in fact a Green Algae.
- Chlorella is 80% assimilable opposed to 98% of Klamath Blue Green Algae.
- The cell wall in Chlorella is not digestible making nutrients more difficult to assimilate.
Why is Klamath Blue Green Algae the best?
- Selectively harvested on Upper Klamath Lake
- Certified Organic
- Largest facility on Upper Klamath Lake
- Low temperature drying
- Homogeneous batch testing
- Quality tested
What is the difference between Power Organics, Inc. and Cell-Tech?
- AFA, Inc./ Power Organics, Inc. selectively harvest on Upper Klamath Lake. Cell tech harvests from a fixed location on a canal. Klamath Blue Green Algae™ is Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth.
- Klamath Blue Green Algae has 500 mg tablets and capsules vs. Cell-Tech's 250 mg tablets.
Power Organics, Inc. does not break down the soft cell wall and separate it to make a second product.
- Power Organics, Inc. is not a Multi-level Marketing Company, we are a manufacturer and sell to Distributors, Retail Health Food Stores, and direct to individuals.
Klamath Blue Green Algae is the most nutrient dense food on the planet, containing glyco-proteins, vitamins, minerals, simple carbohydrates, lipids and biologically active enzymes. Due to the algae's nutritious soft cell wall, these nutrients are readily available to the body. As the body uses only a small amount of energy to convert this superfood into fuel, consuming Klamath Blue Green Algae is a fast, efficient and energizing way to improve any diet. The discovery of the incredible food value concentrated in AFA, Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae, an ancient blue-green microalgae, has popularized this nutrient dense whole food that contains more protein, B12 and chlorophyll than any other food source. Klamath Blue Green Algae has such a complete nutritional profile, available in forms that are
301 South Old Stage Road