UltraMeal Plus Medical Food by Metagenics
Metagenics UltraMeal Plus is a medical food formulated with a proprietary soy protein and plant sterol blend to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease, such as:
UltraMeal Plus—along with a low-glycemic-index dietary program and regular exercise—has been clinically tested and shown to improve important markers of cardiovascular health and support a healthy body composition (a healthy ratio of lean muscle mass to fat mass).
- Provides 15 grams of soy protein per serving from PharmaSoy®. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease. Soy protein has also been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects.
- Provides 2 grams of plant sterols per serving. The NIH recommends consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols to promote healthy cholesterol levels. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Supplies a low-glycemic-index formula of only 150 calories for cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome patients.
- Provides a full complement of vitamins and minerals, including non-dairy calcium and chromium.
- Comes with a Quick-Start Guide or a more comprehensive Patient Guide for complete program guidelines.
- Available in natural and delicious, dairy-free Natural Vanilla, Natural Dutch Chocolate, Natural Mocha, and Strawberry Supreme.
Blend, shake, or briskly stir two level scoops into eight ounces of chilled water twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Vitamin A Warning: Excess Vitamin A intake may be toxic and may increase the risk of birth defects. Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant should not exceed 5,000 IU of pre-formed vitamin A (retinyl acetate or retinyl palmitate) per day. It is also recommended that children under four should not regularly consume more than 2,500 IU per day.
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 170 mg
Potassium (as potassium chloride and potassium iodide) 660 mg
Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Protein†† 15 g
Isoflavones 17 mg
Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) 1750 IU
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 40 IU
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 60 mg
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 11 IU
Thiamin (as thiamin HCl) 0.75 mg
Riboflavin 0.85 mg
Niacin (as niacinamide) 10 mg
Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate) 5 mg
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 25 mg
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 30 mcg
Biotin 150 mcg
Folate (as folic acid and L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate†††) 400 mcg
Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate) 600 mg
Iron 4 mg
Phosphorus (as dicalcium phosphate) 500 mg
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 75 mcg
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 190 mg
Zinc (as zinc gluconate) 9 mg
Copper (as copper gluconate) 1 mg
Manganese 0.7 mg
Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate) 100 mcg
Saturated Fat† 0.5 g
Fat 0 g
Sugars 16 g
Other Ingredients (Dutch Chocolate):
Soy protein isolate† (PharmaSoy®) (soy), fructose, Dutch processed cocoa, plant sterols (soy), natural flavors, soy fiber (soy), inulin, lecithin (soy), olive oil, cellulose gum, xanthan, and carrageen
Plant Sterols (including beta-sitosterol and other plant sterols) 2000 mg
Metagenics is one of the few professional nutritional supplement providers that manufactures formulas in their own facility that is independently certified for Good Manufacturing Practices —the ultimate mark of quality manufacturing. The company also has one of the industry’s most stringent infrastructures for quality assurance and control to ensure the purity and safety of every formula—so so the customer will receive the health benefits he expects. Metagenics is also the leader in nutritional scientific research. It has established the most sophisticated laboratories and research facilities in the industry—such as the MetaProteomics Nutrigenomics Research Center and the Functional Medicine Research CenterSM. Metagenics also has the largest on-site scientific
25 Enterprise STE 200
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.