Bluebonnet Nutrition Standardized Cherry Fruit Extract-
60 Vegetarian Capsules
Bluebonnet’s Cherry Fruit Extract Vcaps provide the first, cherry fruit extract on the market standardized for polyphenols (10mg/serving) that combines three species of cherries (sweet cherry [Prunus avium], tart cherry [Prunus cerasus] and black cherry [Prunus serotina]) in one complete formula. Bluebonnet Nutrition Standardized Cherry Fruit Extract is available in easy-to-swallow vegetable capsules for maximum assimilation and absorption.
- Providing Important Polyphenols
- Dietary Supplement
Food Supplements &
Food supplements are concentrated sources of nutrients or nutritious foods that have a specific physiological effect on the body. It has been mentioned that the American diet has increasingly become energy-rich but nutrient-poor; meaning basically that the foods eaten on a daily basis are not much more than empty calories. The 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that consumers replace some foods in their diets with more nutrient-dense options to help improve the nutrient-to-energy ratio.* The terms energy-dense and nutrient-poor are commonly used to characterize foods perceived as unhealthy and to distinguish them from options that are more nutritious. Negative terms, such as junk foods or empty calories, are commonly used in antithesis to such descriptors as healthful or part of a complete, nutritious diet.
However, a review of the literature shows that the concept of a nutritious food is not based on any consistent standards or criteria. In many cases, healthful foods are defined by the absence of problematic ingredients (fat, cholesterol, sugar and sodium) rather than by the presence of any beneficial nutrients they might contain, such as vitamins, minerals, green foods, high ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) antioxidants, enzymes and healthful bacterium. Given the current dietary trends, eating nutrient-dense foods is an approach that can be considered a valuable tool for nutrition education and dietary guidance. By providing nutrient-dense options in the form of food supplements, seniors who have dentures, individuals recovering from trauma/surgery or even teenagers who are going through a growth spurt can obtain ideal nutrition even if the diet is less than optimal. Generally, food supplements are in specified potencies contained in a variety of dosage forms (powder, tablet, caplet, softgel or vegetable capsule).
Soy products, a subset of food supplements, have played an important role in the traditional diet of numerous cultures throughout the world for many centuries. Extracted from soybeans, soy provides vitamins, minerals and high-quality protein and is relatively low in fat, which makes soy an excellent and complete source of protein for human consumption. Soy products, such as lecithin, phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylethanolamine, are also an excellent source of phospholipids, which are a major constituent of cell membranes and are important for the maintenance and repair of cellular structures. Phospholipids increase the communication between cells in the body by acting as natural emulsifiers (compounds that help keep fats suspended in a liquid environment), thereby, enhancing the cells' ability to communicate within the liquid environments of the blood and other cellular fluids.
Furthermore, soy is also a unique dietary source of many potent phytonutrients, one of which is called isoflavones. Several isoflavones found in soy are genistein, daidzein and glycitein. Isoflavones have a chemical structure that is not unlike the estrogen found in humans. Intake of isoflavones may help maintain hormonal health by binding to the same receptors estrogen utilizes. Isoflavones are also natural antioxidants. They neutralize harmful oxygen free radicals, thereby, maintaining healthy cells and tissues. Genistein, followed by daidzein, are the most potent antioxidants of the isoflavone family, as well as beneficial in helping to maintain bone, heart, prostate and women's hormonal health.
To harness the Power of Food Supplements & Soy Products, look to Bluebonnet Nutrition for:
- A unique array of high potency, general and targeted food supplements:
- AHCC® 500 mg Vcaps – active hexose correlated compound from shiitake mushroom mycelia extract for immune and cellular support
- Brewer’s Yeast Powder – an excellent, nutrient-dense source of amino acids, vitamins, minerals and naturally occurring nucleic acids
- BroccoliActive™ 500 mg Vcaps (providing 30 mg/serving of glucosinolates including sulforaphane from the broccoli plant, seed and sprout) for potent antioxidant and cellular support
- Cherry Fruit Extract Vcaps (providing 10 mg of polyphenols and derived from sweet, sour and black cherries) for joint and antioxidant support
- GarLo™Active Caplets for cardiovascular support
- MaitakeGold® Mushroom 100 mg Vcaps for immune and cellular support
- Nucleotide Complex 300 mg Vcaps for gut, liver and immune support
- Standardized Pomegranate Whole Fruit Extract (providing 480 mg of polyphenols and 240 mg of punicalagins) for optimal antioxidant protection, injury recovery, post-surgery and wound-healing
- Super Earth® Green Utopia® Caplets or Powder – a perfect blend of life-giving greens combining powerful phytonutrients from green foods (grasses, seaweeds and algae), sprouts and soluble/insoluble plant fibers
- A specialized line of non-GMO soy products:
- Lecithin Granules or Softgels serve as an emulsifier for breaking down fat, as well as supporting brain and heart health
- Phosphatidyl Choline 420 mg Softgels provide a potent source of phosphatylcholine, which is the main membrane component of brain nerve cells and therefore, helpful for maintaining brain health. It has also been shown to support liver health
- Phosphatidyl Serine Complex 500 mg Softgels provide a potent source of phosphatidylserine to support the vitality of age-impaired brain function, as well as aiding in concentration and memory
- Soy Isoflavones Plus Genistein Vcaps (40 and 80 mg potencies) serve as a source of phytoestrogens for women’s hormonal health
- Multiple delivery systems (Vcaps, Softgels, Caplets, Powder & Granules)
- Advanced, patented ingredients (e.g. Leci-PS®, Soylife® and MaitakeGold 404™) which are supported by sound scientific research
- Food Supplements & Soy Products bearing (K) signifies that they are kosher-certified, which not only appeals to those observing religious dietary laws, but also to vegetarians and others who equate the kosher symbol with quality and a higher level of cleanliness and purity.