Nutricology Liquid Molybdenum 75 mcg - 1 oz. (30 mL)
Nutricology Liquid Molybdenum is a diluted solution of ammonium molybdate. Nutricology Liquid Molybdenum is involved in the metabolism of sulfur, uric acid formation, and the detoxification of sulfites, alcohol, and some chemicals. Nutricology Liquid Molybdenum has been made with potassium sorbate and benzyl alcohol to prevent yeast, mold, and bacteria growth. Because they work in a low pH environment, citric acid and lactic acid are added. The amounts of preservatives are low, between 0.1% and 0.2%. The active ingredient in Nutricology Liquid Molybdenum, ammonium molybdate, remains the same, with the concentration of 25 mcg of elemental molybdenum per serving.
Quality and Innovation – The NutriCology Tradition
For more than thirty years, NutriCology has been known for the highest quality, most hypoallergenic, and most cutting-edge nutritional supplements available. Physicians and healthcare practitioners around the world depend on NutriCology for their patients’ nutritional support. Originating with the ground-breaking oxidant/antioxidant work of Stephen Levine, Ph.D., NutriCology was one of the first to introduce truly hypoallergenic products to the market.
Superior Quality Control
Since 1979, NutriCology has used only the purest raw materials available, and has implemented strict quality control procedures in every stage of production, including inspection of raw materials, manufacturing, packaging, and storing. NutriCology is licensed by the California Department of Health Services, Food and Drug Branch, registration number 0021150.
NutriCology's products are manufactured under the recognized principles of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), brought into final form by the FDA in June 2007. The GMP standards are applied to a wide variety of procedures associated with the manufacturing of dietary supplements, including receiving, testing, and approval of raw materials, production, and process controls, laboratory testing of labeled and packaged finished product, distribution control and accountability, and shelf life expiration testing to ensure freshness and potency.
For many years they have used the same manufacturers to produce our powder formulas, capsules, tablets, softgels, gels, and liquid products to ensure consistency. All of their certified manufacturers meet or exceed cGMP requirements established by the FDA, as well as state and local regulations. In their facility in Alameda, California, their highly trained staff bottle, label, and ship their finished products. Their newly installed automatic bottling line has multiple built-in quality checks, such as weight verification and metal detection, to ensure all finished packaged products have the pre-determined physical count and are contaminant-free.
Independent Third Party Laboratories
In addition to NutriCology's in-house quality control department, they use certified independent analytical laboratories to test raw materials as well as finished products. All of their certified laboratories meet or exceed cGMP requirements. Their products are assayed for identity, purity and potency, and are confirmed to contain pre- determined amounts of the contents listed on every label. Microbial, pesticides/herbicides, aflatoxins, residual solvents, and heavy metals analysis are also conducted on all applicable products.
Procedures of Analysis
NutriCology utilize a number of advanced methods of analysis, including high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), IR and UV-VIS spectroscopy, capillary electrophoresis (CE), inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS), atomic absorption (AA), thin layer chromatography (TLC), and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), along with biochemistry and wet chemistry techniques.
Unsurpassed Ingredient Quality
NutriCology uses only the purest and highest quality raw materials available. For example, they use only Nattokinase NSK-SD, the first nattokinase introduced into the U.S. market, which has established standardization and quality levels for all other nattokinase. Their MicroChitosan contains small-size chitosan oligosaccharide, and their Prima Uña de Gato contains TOA-free Cat’s Claw.
Taber’s Medical Dictionary defines “hypoallergenic” as: “Diminished potential for causing an allergic reaction”. they define hypoallergenic as “free of all common allergens”, specifically, wheat, corn, soy, gluten, yeast, dairy, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, and peanuts. Many very sensitive individuals who react to supplements in general are able to tolerate NutriCology products.
Since NutriCology's inception in 1979, they have used only the purest, and whenever possible, the lowest allergy potential natural ingredients. And while many of the nutrients in their formulas are synthesized from natural plant substances, which as a whole may contain antigens, the synthesizing process removes the molecules of the desired nutrient from the original substance, and in the processing, a great percentage of the antigens and allergens are left behind. The final material then has extremely low allergy potential. This is not to say that no one will react to any of their hypoallergenic formulas, as some extremely sensitive people may. However, the potential for an allergic reaction is low, and the feedback from many of their extremely allergic and sensitive customers is that NutriCology supplements are often the only products they are able to tolerate.
The FDA requires manufacturers to identify the presence of eight major food allergens on all product labels: milk, egg, fish, Crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans, as well as any ingredient derived from those foods. When an ingredient may have been derived from a common allergen, they are required by law to list that allergen on the label as a source of the ingredient, even if it does not contain any of the actual substance. For example, 100%-pure glucosamine sulfate does not contain any actual shellfish, but they are required to indicate the source material (shrimp, crab, lobster) on the label. NutriCology fully discloses all ingredients, both active and inactive on every product label, so doctors can make fully informed choices for their patients’ nutritional support.
The following is a list of inactive ingredients used in some of NutriCology's products. These are fillers and excipients as defined by the Food Chemical Codex, nutrient compounds utilized for their physical properties to aid in the supplement production process. Derived from edible sources, they are generally free of common allergens. To determine which natural inactive ingredients are included in a specific product, please refer to the supplement facts panel.
- Annatto extract is a natural food color and protectant from the achiote tree, used in some CoQ10 formulas.
- Cellulose is a major component of plants and is the most abundant organic substance in nature. Cellulose Powder (labeled “Microcrystalline Cellulose”) is derived from this fibrous plant material and is used as a capsule filler. Cellulose powder is also sold separately as a pure fiber supplement, and is very well tolerated.
- Croscarmellose Sodium is derived from cellulose, and is used to enhance tablet stability, dissolution, and disintegration in the GI tract, improving bioavailability.
- Dicalcium Phosphate (calcium phosphate, dibasic) is a naturally occurring mineral, used as a formulating agent.
- D-limonene oil is obtained from orange peel, and is used in a few formulas to prevent crystallization of CoQ10.
- Gelatin is used in their non-vegetarian capsules, including softgels. It is a protein derived from bovine collagen, and contains high amounts of the amino acids proline and glycine.
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (sometimes labeled “Micosolle”) is the ingredient that comprises their vegetarian capsules. It is Cellulose (see above) that has undergone further processing.
- L-leucine is an essential branched-chain amino acid, found in almost all animal and vegetable proteins. Pharmaceutical grade L-leucine has replaced magnesium stearate as a lubricant in most of their formulas.
- Magnesium Stearate provides lubricating properties, and is from a vegetable source. It is comprised of stearic acid (see below) and magnesium palmitate, a magnesium salt of a 16-carbon saturated fatty acid. Both fats are components of the membrane structure in the human body.
- Silicon Dioxide, or silica, (sometimes labeled “Cab-o-sil”), is a common chemical compound naturally found in a wide variety of rocks and minerals. It is used as a drying agent.
- Stearic Acid is a 18-carbon saturated fatty acid used for its lubricating properties. It is a component of the membrane structure in the human body. Vegetable source.
- Yellow beeswax is used as a colorant and protectant in the production of softgel capsules. It is a natural wax comprised of fatty acid esters and long chain alcohols.
- Zinc oxide is used in some softgel formulations, and is generally recognized as safe (GRAS).
Used by Doctors Worldwide
Many alternative doctors consider their products the standard for use for nutritional support of their patients. Their formulas list exact amounts and strengths of nutrients, so doctors who use multiple formulas can know the exact intake for their sensitive patients. For example, their best-selling green drink ProGreens is one of very few green formulas which lists the exact amount of all ingredients on the label.
The list of renowned doctors who studied and/or utilize their nutritional supplements reads like a Who’s Who of alternative medicine: Jonathan Wright MD, Leo Galland MD, Alan Gaby MD, Michael Ash DO ND, Julian Whittaker MD, Michael Rosenbaum MD, Phyllis Balch MD, Sherry Rogers MD, Linda Rector Page MD, Alfred Zamm MD, Dana Flavin MD, Ba Hoang MD, Earl Etiennne PhD, Herman Bueno MD, Hiroyuki Sumi MD, Martin Milner ND, Ralph Holsworth MD, Allan Lieberman MD, John McMichael PhD, Burton Goldberg HHD, and many others.
NutriCology Innovation Continues
NutriCology has consistently pioneered new breakthroughs in nutritional supplements. Their in-house Research and Development team has decades of experience in formulating original and leading-edge products to support optimal health. Working with their certified manufacturers, they continue to develop technologies that maximize product delivery, absorbency, and effectiveness, such as micronized particles and lipid matrix release.
NutriCology continues its tradition of innovation with the addition of some very exciting new products: Acetyl- Glutathione, Magnolia Extract (Honokiol + Magnolol 90%), truly balanced vitamin D formula Vitamin D3 Complete, a low potency Ox Bile 125 mg, LigaZyme, Flow-Less, Gluten-Gest, EstroPrime, ALA Release Sustained-Released Lipoic Complex, FibroBoost and Fibronol. For more information on these new products, please see their New Products category.