Carlson Labs Cod Liver Oil Fruit Splash Flavor 8.4 fl. oz (250 mL)\
From the deep, unpolluted waters near Norway, Carlson brings you the finest cod liver oil which is naturally rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, EPA and DHA. Only cod fish caught during the winter and early spring are used, as the liver oil content is highest at this time of year. The oil is separated from the liver tissues without the use of chemicals. To ensure freshness of Carlson Norwegian Cod Liver Oil, the air inside the glass bottle has been replaced with nitrogen.
Omega-3 is the name of a type of fat that is found in oil-rich fish and some plant oils and is also known as ‘n-3‘. They are from the family of ‘good’ fats - PolyUnsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs) that are not only beneficial for health, but are essential in the diet. The most effective omega-3’s are EPA (EicosaPentaenoic Acid) and DHA (DocosaHexaenoic Acid).Norwegian Cod Fish liver oil has a naturally high concentration of vitamin D, which increases the absorption of calcium in the body. This affects the rate in which bones are formed. Carlson Cod Liver Oil is a natural source of vitamin A, which has several important functions in the body, including maintenance of proper vision. Natural vitamin E is added to the cod liver oil to protect the freshness of the DHA and EPA, both in the bottle and in our bodies. Vitamin E prevents oxidation of the polyunsaturated oils.
- Cardiovascular health:
- DHA & EPA help modulate a healthy stable heartbeat
- Maintain blood vessels to support circulation throughout the body
- Support artery wall elasticity and may favorably influence C-reactive protein levels
- Dietary intake of EPA and DHA is now being recognized as a safe and effective method for normalizing triglyceride levels
- Brain and Nerve function:
- As a vital component of our brain tissue and neurons, DHA supports cognitive functions
- By improving membrane fluidity, DHA may help support nerve transmission processes
- Increased levels of DHA in the brain may serve to protect and enhance the lifetime of neurons
- Healthy vision:
- DHA is found in high amounts in the retina and is important for normal vision
- Immune System Health:
- DHA and EPA are required for balanced eicosanoid formation, which supports balanced and healthy immune responses
- Bone Strength
- Vitamin D helps form strong, healthy bones and teeth by its role in regulating calcium and phosphorus metabolism.
- Healthy joints and movement
- DHA and EPA support healthy joints and comfortable movement by supporting healthy phsyiological processes
Omega-3 fatty acids are important and essential nutrients for our health. They are composed of long chain carbons, which are polyunsaturated; they have many double bonds. The term omega-3 or n-3 refers to the location of the first double bond on the third carbon. Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA), Eicosapentainoic Acid (EPA) and Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) and are recognized as important and/or essential omega-3's in human nutrition and physiology. Because of their unique structure, omega-3's have important and unique function in our bodies. EPA and DHA have a longer structure and contain more double bonds than ALA. Both EPA and DHA are involved in healthy cardiovascular systems, immune processes and help support the formation of healthy prostaglandins. DHA is a vital component of the retina, brain and neurons.
Carlson Labs Excipients
- Binder: Holds the ingredients in a tablet together. One of three types of binders are used as required: Plant fiber known as cellulose, acacia gum from the stem of the Acacia tree or brazil wax from the leaves of a palm tree.
- Filler: Fills out the size and shape of a tablet or capsule making it practical to produce and convenient for the consumer to use. Plant cellulose (pure plant filler) is the filler of choice in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules. Soybean or safflower oil is used in soft gelatin capsules.
- Disintegrant: Expands when wet causing the tablet to break apart in the digestive tract releasing the nutrients for absorption. We prefer to use plant cellulose as a disintegrant.
- Lubricant: Prevents ingredients from clumping together and from sticking to the tablet punches or capsule filler. Common minerals, silica, and forms of vegetable oils known as vegetable stearin, magnesium stearate or stearic acid are the most often used lubricants in Carlson tablets or hard gelatin capsules.
- Coating: Protects tablet ingredients from deterioration by moisture in the air and makes large tablets easier to swallow. For most coated tablets, a cellulose (plant fiber) film coating is used which is free of sugar and potential allergy-causing substances. Occasionally, other coating materials are used such as corn protein (zein) or an extraction from trees (pharmaceutical glaze).
- Sweeteners: Added to make the nutrients more palatable only in chewable tablets or liquids. Sweeteners found naturally in fruits such as fructose and sorbitol are chosen. More information on fructose and sorbitol can be sent to you upon request.
- Flavors and Colors: Added to improve the taste or appearance of a formulation. We use flavors and colors only when necessary and choose the natural ones.
Vitamins are organic compounds that are necessary for normal growth and maintenance of life. As we are unable to synthesize vitamins, we must rely on foods and food supplements to maintain adequate amounts in our body.
Thirteen essential vitamins have been isolated and these are divided into two categories, water-soluble and fat -soluble vitamins. The water-soluble vitamins include Vitamin C and the group of B-Vitamins. These water-soluble are not stored by the body and can be readily depleted. The fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and E remain in the body for longer periods of time.
Although minerals make up only a small fraction of total body weight (4-5%), they are essential for human metabolism. Minerals act as the catalysts for many biochemical reactions within the human body. They are involved in responses of the nervous system and muscles, the absorption and secretions of the body's fluids, and maintain a delicate water balance within the body. The bones and teeth of our body have high mineral contents which accounts for their hardness and rigidity. Minerals, like vitamins, must also be supplied by dietary means as we are unable to synthesize them in our body.
About Carlson Labs
Founded by John and Susan Carlson in 1965, Carlson Laboratories has been a family owned and operated business for over 40 years. Since no one cares more about quality than the people who put their names on it, Carlson Laboratories is dedicated to providing only the highest quality nutritional supplements.
Carlson Laboratories began with one vitamin E formula. Since then, the line has grown to become the most complete line of natural vitamin E products in the world. Carlson Laboratories product range has expanded through the years to meet the nutritional needs of their customers. Carlson's product lines now include award-winning Norwegian fish oils, a full line of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, special formulations and nutritional supplements.
All Carlson Nutritional Supplements Are:
- Artificial Dye-Free
Carlson Laboratories professional sales force offers individual and personalized service including: staff training, brochures, posters, sample packets and in-store promotions to increase sales. Carlson Laboratories also sponsors radio shows, co-op advertising and free lectures.