Evert Fresh, maker of the "original" green bags. Established in 1988, Evert Fresh makes products that promote the healthy handling and storage of fresh food. They avoid chemicals and additives of any kind, and everything we sell is safe and environmentally friendly.
Debbie Meyer Green Bags 10 Medium/10 Large by Evert-Fresh Corp.
Evert-Fresh Corp. Debbie Meyer Green Bags 10 Medium/10 Large - 20 Bags
Evert-Fresh Corp. Debbie Meyer Green Bags helps preserve the freshness and prolong the life of fruits, vegetables and cut flowers with these revolutionary storage bags. Debbie Meyer GreenBags are made with a natural mineral that creates a beneficial storage environment to help extend the life and freshness of fruits, vegetables (and cut flowers) --- and That Saves You Money!
Fruits, vegetables and flowers release ethylene gases during the natural ripening process after harvest. Exposure of the produce to these gases accelerates aging and deterioration. Independent laboratory testing shows that the Debbie Meyer GreenBags help extend the life and freshness of fruits, vegetables and fresh cut flowers, by creating a beneficial storage environment, giving you more time to enjoy your produce and That Saves You Money! Simply store your fruits, vegetables (and cut flowers) where you normally would (either the countertop or refrigerator) and watch how the Debbie Meyer GreenBags actively work to keep their contents fresh, extending their usable life. BPA free.
Debbie Meyer GreenBags:
Independent laboratory tested and shown to extend the life of fruits and vegetables
Follow easy Instructions – included
Store wherever you would normally store the food - in the refrigerator or on the countertop
Made of a natural mineral and food grade polyethylene
Each bag is reusable 8 to 10 times
Bags are gusseted for maximum capacity
Easy Care - Rinse with clear water (no soap), allow to dry
Medium Bags are ½ gallon and measure 15” x 6” x 4”
Large Bags are 1 gallon and measure 17” x 7” x 5”
X-Large Bags are 1 ½ gallons and measure 21’’ x 9’’ x 6.5’’
Proudly Made in the USA
FAQs for Debbie Meyer GreenBags
1. How do Debbie Meyer GreenBags work? Fruits, vegetables and flowers release gas during the natural ripening process after harvest. Exposure of the produce to this gas accelerates aging and deterioration. Debbie Meyer GreenBags are made with a natural mineral that helps to create a beneficial storage environment that helps extend the freshness of fruits and vegetables.
2. Where are they made? Proudly made in the USA.
3. How do I know that the Debbie Meyer GreenBags are safe for food? The FDA Department of Health and Human Services has approved the ingredients as GRAS (generally recognized as safe) and/or as approved substances in compliance with their regulations.
4. How should I choose my produce? Choose the freshest produce you can and examine carefully for signs of bruising (bruised produce will rot more rapidly) and possible signs of mold. In particular, with strawberries and similar items, turn the container over and examine the bottom berries for signs of squashing, damage or mold growth…The Debbie Meyer GreenBags do not reverse the ripening process. The Bags slow down the ripening process. Ripening is affected by local conditions like heat, humidity, light/dark, etc.
5. Why does moisture sometimes build up in the bags? There are several possible reasons for excess moisture build up in the Debbie Meyer GreenBags. One cause is wet produce (washed and not completely dry), or produce that has been watered by retail outlets to give produce a fresher look. Another is produce purchased at a farmer's market or picked fresh from the garden. Fresh produce tends to be warm, usually in excess of 80 degrees F. Warm produce placed in a cool bag causes condensation or cool produce placed in a warm bag the same! Another cause is low Freon in refrigerators. Finally, ALL produce itself naturally contains water and will release some as it ages and ripens.
6. What should I do if I see moisture? (As stated in the instructions you received) - Simply wipe out the Bag with a paper towel and regularly check for moisture build up and wipe it out whenever it develops. This will ensure effective preservation. Also, you can leave the top of the Bag open so air can circulate and the moisture will evaporate. Leaving the top of the Bags open will not affect the efficacy of your Debbie Meyer GreenBags.
Moisture is a natural part of produce and moisture may occur in the Bag. If you see this just dry the moisture in the Bag with a paper towel. All produce contains moisture. Also, Supermarkets sometimes get produce in that has had an Ethylene gas treatment to start the ripening, because the produce was picked and shipped green from a foreign country (particularly bananas). That can dramatically affect how produce ripens. So, the exact length of time that the produce will last in the Bags depends on these conditions too. It also depends on how ripe the produce was when it was placed in the Bag and how long it has been preserved in transit or in the store before you bought it.
7. How long will my produce last? This depends on the age and condition of the produce when you bought it. Some produce travels great distances over a period of time to get to the supermarkets. Debbie Meyer GreenBags will significantly extend the life of the produce compared to regular storage methods… Remember, for best results, the produce must be dry and also in the early stages of ripening; this way the bags will work best and you will get positive results. Test them yourself by keeping some produce in the bags and some out of the bags and compare how long they last. Store on the counter or in the fridge, wherever you would normally store them.
8. How do I know that Debbie Meyer GreenBags work? Debbie Meyer GreenBags are Independent Laboratory tested for efficacy.
9. How many Debbie Meyer GreenBags have been sold? There are well over 700 million Debbie Meyer GreenBags in use.
About Debbie Meyer
Debbie Meyer is an innovator - an inventor, holding many Patents. She designs and develops her own products and then brings them to us on TV, where she personally presents and explains her products to the public. Debbie has an uncanny ability to identify and SOLVE problems that we all have in and around the home. Her many successful products are a testament to her ability to tap into the needs of millions of people. Debbie is also a wife and mother, with extensive expertise in the "Home Arts."
Debbie Meyer has gained a reputation of being approachable, organized, creative, clear and concise, nurturing, convincing and credible (even Infomercial professionals say that she is the most credible person they have ever seen on TV and even they would buy her products based on her presentation). Millions watch her on TV worldwide (USA, Canada, UK, Europe) and buy her products in record numbers. Debbie Meyer has appeared on TV for the past 12 years presenting her unique products to the world.
From her wide education (Bachelor and Masters Degrees), gleaning and learning all she could from knowledgeable parents, and her extensive application and experience in all aspects of homemaking, including cooking, baking, sewing (including the nearly lost art of heirloom sewing), knitting and crochet, a variety of craft work, laundry and ironing (she enjoys ironing and is a perfectionist), cleaning techniques and cleaning product knowledge, product design and invention, (including knowing every product available in catalogs and on-line), writing, public speaking and Radio and TV appearances, Debbie Meyer has assembled an encyclopedic store of knowledge - and experience - which she can, and does, call up immediately - answering wide ranging questions… …everything from home keeping questions to fashion, to sewing, crafts, to personal care, - on and on… Debbie runs her own home - without household help, and homeschooled her son.
As a founder of Housewares America, Inc., Debbie invents and develops her product line, does all on-air preparation and presentations in USA, UK, Europe and Canada. Debbie currently appears regularly on Television and Radio and makes personal appearances as a Featured Speaker at significant Conventions and Events.
Debbie Meyer appears regularly on Radio (Jim Blasingame Small Business Advocate – also featured on the Forbes website) and TV and is an ongoing keynote speaker to various groups and organizations. Debbie has been featured in several major publications and in 2009 she was awarded the Femtor Lifetime Achievement Award by the eWomenNetwork organization for outstanding entrepreneurial achievement. Debbie has been recently honored in an event in Atlanta by the WOW Organization, as one of the 90 most prominent and leading Mentors for women in the USA, along with Michelle Obama, Justice Sotomayor and others.
Debbie was honored in June, 2011 in New York by the Wayuu Taya Foundation as the Woman of the Year 2011. Debbie recently was a featured speaker and panelist at Harvard University at an event titled "Women of Innovation Speak out on Achieving STEM & Life Success for Women & Girls." Debbie is also part of the Wall Street Journal Panel appearing in “How I Built It” presentations.
Debbie Meyer Brand Products are wildly successful. Debbie Meyer Green Bags have sold over 600 million worldwide on home shopping networks, Infomercials and at retail everywhere. Dollars per minute generated by Debbie with this product on home shopping networks have exceeded $40,000 per minute.
About Evert Fresh
Evert Fresh, Maker of the "Original" Green Bags Established in 1988, Evert Fresh makes products that promote the healthy handling and storage of fresh food. They avoid chemicals and additives of any kind, and everything we sell is safe and environmentally friendly.
The Power of OYA Researchers, seeking new and better ways to preserve foods, discovered that for thousands of years, farmers in some regions of the world had been housing produce in mountain caves with impressive results. Not only were these caves consistently cool, dry and dark, their composition included a type of clay called oya, a natural adsorbent of ethylene gas. Ethylene is the gas given off by produce as it ripens, and then continues to accelerate the natural decay of the food. But if the gas is adsorbed by the walls of said container...
Green Bag Performance that is out of this world Inspired by the wonders of these mountain caves, Evert Fresh included oya in the development of the "Original" Green Bags. They are 100% organic, and they are not only safe for food storage; when used properly, they extend the life of produce significantly. Since developing the revolutionary product, Antarctic explorers, the U.S. Navy, even astronauts have used Evert Fresh Green Bags to help preserve fresh produce under the most demanding conditions.
New Green Discoveries Today they have expanded their efforts and wish to provide you with additional natural, environmentally friendly products.
All of their products are made in the USA. They are sold in all 50 states and in more than a dozen countries around the world.
Produce should be DRY before pacing in bag. Simply place fresh produce in bags and wash/rinse produce as usual before use. If storing washed or wet produce, be sure to dry thoroughly before inserting in bag. Fruits and vegetables contain moisture. If moisture builds in the bag, just wipe out with a paper towel and keep contents as dry as possible during storage.
Use one bag for each type of produce...for instance, use a bag for apples, another one for lettuce, another one for pears, etc. Even cut flowers can be preserved longer by placing arrangements in bag or pulling bag over top of vase overnight and remove during the day.
Fold over the top of the bag---do not use twist-ties as they make holes.
Store in the refrigerator or on the countertop, wherever you would normally store your produce.
To avoid danger of suffocation, keep bags out of reach of children.
Evert-Fresh Corp. - Debbie Meyer Green Bags 10 Medium/10 Large - 20 Bags Medium Bags are ½ gallon and measure 15” x 6” x 4” Large Bags are 1 gallon and measure 17” x 7” x 5”
About Evert-Fresh Corp.
Evert Fresh, maker of the "original" green bags. Established in 1988, Evert Fresh makes products that promote the healthy handling and storage of fresh food. They avoid chemicals and additives of any kind, and everything we sell is safe and environmentally friendly. P.O. Box 5 Katy,
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
2/1/2013 5:15:46 PM
I recommend this product!
These green bags were of much higher quality than I expected. I love them.
*The products and the claims made about specific products on
or through this site have not been evaluated by LuckyVitamin.com or the United
States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure
or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational
purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician
or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product
label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis
or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other
treatment. You should consult with a health care professional before starting any
diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you
have or suspect you might have a health problem.
We've added your item to the Wish List. You can view your list any time from your MyLucky account page. A Wish List is useful to keep track of items you are interested in buying in the future. Once you purchase the items, they come off your list.
Wish List Error
Sorry, we were unable to add your item at this time.
Your Wish List request is currently being processed.
We've added your item to the Regimen. You can view your list any time from your MyLucky account page. A Regimen is useful to keep track of items you you purchase frequently (or take as part of a "regimen"). Unlike a Wish List, items you add to your Regimen are not removed from the list after you purchase them.
Sorry, we were unable to add your item at this time.
Your Regimen request is currently being processed.