Drink Chia Whole Omega-3 Superfood Drink Honeysuckle Pear - 12 fl oz (355 ml)
Fueled by the tiny, mighty chia seed, Drink Chia Whole Omega-3 Superfood Drink Honeysuckle Pear is a refreshing, delicious, and downright chuggable grab-and-go, super-power pick me up. Drink Chia Honeysuckle Pear Whole Omega-3 Superfood Drink is perfect for the fit lifestyle because it’s low in sugar, low in calories, rich in chia and omega 3’s and it’s uniquely delicious. Drink Chia Whole Omega-3 Superfood Drink helps you get through your personal training regimen, email reading marathon, super-charged dance class, bumper-to-bumper traffic jam, high speed grocery cart race, face-first-in-the-water surfing lesson and all the other stuff on your must-do list. Drink Chia Whole Omega-3 Superfood Drink Honeysuckle Pear has a light pear flavor with a hint of honeysuckle sweetness.
The Omega-3 Superfood
Those little floating seeds that you see in your Drink Chia! pack quite a powerful punch! Chia seeds (yes, the same seeds from the famed Chia Pets popularized in the 1980’s) are loaded with good-for-you nutrition. Check out some of the benefits of chia seeds below:
Chia seeds have amazing absorptive properties. In fact, those tiny seeds can absorb 9 to 12 times their weight in water. When you consume them, your body is getting prolonged hydration and retaining important electrolytes.
Our chia seeds pretty much come straight from the farm and into your bottle of Drink Chia! Because they are a whole, unprocessed food, our bodies break down these little chia dynamos slowly, balancing our blood sugar levels and giving us endurance for the long haul.
- Healthy Heart
Chia seeds not only contain natural antioxidants, but they also hold the highest known concentration of plant-based Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which studies show are important to the health of our hearts and other vital organs.
- Brain Power
As they are for the heart, Omega-3 fatty acids are important to brain health and function. Studies suggest they can improve nerve function and alleviate symptoms associated with a number of conditions, such as OCD and ADHD.
- Have Fun!
OK, while technically not a proven nutritional fact, we think that having fun is a key ingredient to living a healthy and active lifestyle. The unique texture that our chia seeds provide make Drink Chia! as fun to chug as it is good for you!
Inside the Nutrition
In a one-ounce (28 g) sample, dried chia seeds contain 9% of the Daily Value for protein (4g), 13% fat (9g) (57% of which is ALA) and 42% dietary fiber (11g), based on a daily intake of 2000 calories. The seeds also contain the essential minerals phosphorus, manganese, calcium, potassium and sodium in amounts comparable to other edible seeds, such as flax or sesame.
- Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that is vital for optimal body health and function. Chia seeds contain 8 times more Omega-3 than salmon.
- Magnesium is involved in the synthesis of protein, and is an important co-factor in more than 300 enzymatic reactions in the human body, many of which contribute to the production of energy. While calcium impacts muscle contractions, magnesium balances that effect and relaxes muscles. Chia seeds contain fifteen times more magnesium than broccoli.
- Calcium is the chief supportive element in bones and teeth, and its salt makes up about 70 percent of bone by weight, providing your bones with their strength and rigidity. Chia seeds provide five times more calcium than milk.
- Iron is an essential mineral and an important component of the proteins involved in oxygen transport and metabolism. When iron is low, oxygen consumption slows down. Chia seeds contain three times more iron than spinach. Comparing iron content of chia seed with other traditional iron-rich sources products, chia seed has 1.8, and 2.4 times more iron per 100 grams of edible portion than lentils and beef liver.
The anti-oxidant properties of fruits and seeds help prevent cellular damage from free radicals. Free radicals are natural by-products of oxygen metabolism that may contribute to the development of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease. You know that blueberries and several exotic fruits (that aren’t always in season) have anti-oxidants, but did you know that chia is extremely high in anti-oxidants too? These helpful substances are what makes the Chia Seed stay fresh for so long. At room temperature, they’ll stay fresh and ready to eat for over two whole years! And that’s all without a single chemical or preservative. This amazing ability is not found in other seeds like flax or sesame, because those seeds don’t have the same rich anti-oxidant content. Chia seeds have three times more anti-oxidants than blueberries.
- Protein is an important component of every cell in the body. Hair and nails are mostly made of protein and the body uses protein to build and repair tissues. Protein is also used to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Chia seeds have five times more protein than kidney beans. Chia seed possesses 23 percent protein, this is higher than other traditional cereals such as wheat(13.7 %), corn(9.4 %), rice(6.5 %), oats(16.9 percent) and barley(12.5 %).
- Fiber adds bulk to your diet and makes you feel full faster, helping you control your weight. Fiber helps digestion and helps prevent constipation. You can get fiber from whole grains, beans, nuts, fruits and vegetables.. Comparing the fiber content of chia, it has 1.6, 2.3, 2.6, 8.3 and 9.8 times more fiber per 100 grams of an edible portion than barley, wheat, oats, corn and rice, respectively. Chia seeds contain 25% more fiber than flax seeds.
- Potassium is essential for the proper functioning of the heart, kidneys, muscles, nerves, and digestive system. Chia seeds have twice the potassium of bananas.
- Phosphorus is an essential mineral that is required by every cell in the body for normal function. Next to calcium, phosphorus is the most abundant mineral in the body. These 2 important nutrients work closely together to build strong bones and teeth. Chia seeds have eight times more phosphorus than whole milk.
- Zinc is one of the minerals that are important for your body to stay healthy. Your body uses minerals for many different jobs, including building bones, making hormones and regulating your heartbeat.
- Manganese is a mineral that is found in several foods including nuts, legumes, seeds, tea, whole grains, and leafy green vegetables. It is considered an essential nutrient, because the body requires it to function properly.
- Selenium is a trace mineral that is essential to good health but required only in small amounts. Selenium is incorporated into proteins to make selenoproteins, which are important antioxidant enzymes. The antioxidant properties of selenoproteins help prevent cellular damage from free radicals.
Chia Seeds Throughout History
Despite their relatively new-found popularity in modern-day nutrition circles, chia seeds have been sought for their unique nutritional properties for millenniums. This ancient food was revered by the Mayans and the Aztecs for its ability to enhance strength, energy, and endurance in extreme desert and jungle conditions. Similarly, Native American Indians would eat chia seeds mixed with water on extreme messaging runs from the Colorado River to the Pacific Ocean. It is no wonder why they called chia the ‘running food’.
When the Spanish Conquistadors arrived in South America under the command of Hernando Cortez, their Jesuit scribes noted chia seeds as the third most important crop to the Aztecs, after corn and beans. They also chronicled how chia seeds were revered throughout society, even serving as tributes to be paid to the Aztec nobility. Chia not only served as nutrition to the Aztecs, but it became an integral element of their spiritual culture. Even the name ‘chia’ was part of their symbol for energy and life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Drink Chia?
Drink Chia! is an all-natural Omega-3 superfood drink that is packed with tiny chia seeds. It is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, B-complex vitamins, and other essential nutrients, yet packs only 40 calories and 4 grams of sugar per serving.
Is Drink Chia 100 % Natural
Yes, Drink Chia only includes natural and organic ingredients – only the best for your body.
Are the Chia Seeds Organic?
Yes, they come from a USDA certified organic farm.
When Should I Have Drink Chia?
You can enjoy DRINK CHIA! for breakfast, as a mid-morning snack, or before, during, and after a workout. DRINK CHIA! is great anytime.
How Should I Store Drink Chia?
DRINK CHIA! is shelf-stable for up to twelve months. Once opened, DRINK CHIA! should be refrigerated and will last for up to two weeks. It tastes great chilled.
Is the Drink Chia Bottle Recyclable?
Of course. And thank you for setting a good example to others by recycling.
Is Drink Chia Good for Kids?
Yes. It is a fantastic low-sugar alternative to other beverages. DRINK CHIA! provides your child with the essential nutrients they need for their development. DRINK CHIA! is also conveniently sized for lunch boxes or backpacks.
Are All Drink Chia Products Gluten Free?
Yes. DRINK CHIA! is gluten-free, as well as sodium, cholesterol, and preservative free.
About Drink Chia
Drink Chia is guided by the relentless focus to inspire people to be engaged in their health, try new things, seek adventure, and be active in their communities. Everything begins with their “Shake it Baby” concept. It implies two things:
- To shake the drink up, and
- To get out and make things happen, to do something productive and meaningful, to make a difference.
You don’t want the seeds to settle in the bottle. Settling implies going nowhere, being complacent. So, be active, be mindful of your health, your family, and the world around you!
So. How do you shake up your life?