Powerbar - Protein Plus Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter - 2.75 oz.
PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar is a great choice for use before and after activities like weightlifting and strength training where protein intake has been shown to help improve growth and reduce breakdown of muscle. It also helps build a lean body and provides sustained energy for athletes who want more protein. PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar contains 23g of PowerBar TriSource protein blend, a proprietary blend of whey, soy and casein proteins for a steady supply of muscle-building amino acids. Eat ½–1 bar before and/or after strength training workouts to help support muscle growth and repair and to fuel exercise.
PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar — key features:
- Contains 23g TriSource protein blend
- Helps build a lean body and provide sustained energy
- No preservatives or artificial flavors
Who should use PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars?
The PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar was developed according to the needs of world-class athletes and others who want a convenient, great tasting source of high quality protein. As with other PowerBar products, PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar is a great addition to a healthy diet to help achieve optimal performance.
How should I use PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars?
PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar is designed for use before and/or after a workout to aid in muscle growth and recovery and is also a convenient source of high quality protein to add to your overall diet. Protein is a vital nutrient in the diet and helps support muscle recovery after strenuous exercise.
How much protein do I need after exercise?
Whether you’re an endurance athlete, play team sports, or strength train, protein after a workout can help you reach your training goals faster. Protein supplies necessary amino acids to help rebuild and repair muscle tissue. Although protein requirements may vary between individuals, for example due to differences in body size or activity level, in general look to consume a minimum of 15–25 grams of protein within an hour after exercise to maximize the muscle rebuilding process.
Why is it important to consume carbohydrates with protein?
In order to utilize protein correctly, your body also needs energy (calories). Carbohydrates are an important source of energy. If your body doesn't get enough energy, it will use the protein in your system as energy, and less protein will be available to help your muscles recover.
What are the protein sources in PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars?
The PowerBar TriSource protein blend is a combination of three protein sources; whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate, and soy protein isolate. As with other PowerBar products, we strive to make the highest quality products available to help athletes achieve their performance goals. We developed the PowerBar TriSource protein blend in PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars to be a high quality protein source.
What other foods provide the level of high quality protein equivalent to one PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar?
The following foods contain approximately the same amount of protein as one PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar:
- Chicken — 1 serving of chicken breast (3 oz)
- Milk — 3 cups of 2% milk
- Tuna — 1 serving of tuna (3.5 oz)
- Steak — 1 serving of porterhouse steak (4 oz)
What are the nutritional advantages of PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars?
PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars contain approximately 52% of calories from carbohydrates, 33% from protein, and 15% from fat.
- Protein: 23 grams of high quality protein from our proprietary PowerBar TriSource protein blend. PowerBar TriSource protein is an exclusive blend of high quality whey, casein and soy proteins. Protein is essential to help repair, maintain and grow human tissues and muscles. Athletes generally require 0.6–0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day.
- Branched Chain Amino Acids: 5.2 grams of naturally occurring essential amino acids leucine, valine and isoleucine.
- L-Glutamine: 4.6 grams of l-glutamine, the most abundant amino acid in muscles.
- Carbohydrates: 22–23 grams of simple and 14–15 grams of complex carbohydrates. Carbohydrates help replenish muscle glycogen stores after exercise.
- Vitamins: 100% RDI of the antioxidant vitamins C and E, which help to combat free radicals; plus 100% RDI of eight energy-releasing B-complex vitamins, which help the body convert food into energy.
- Minerals: 20–45% RDI of seven key minerals, including calcium, which is important for strong bones, and magnesium, which helps your body produce energy.
The TriSource Protein Advantage
The PowerBar TriSource protein blend is a combination of three protein sources; whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate, and soy protein isolate. As with other PowerBar products, we strive to make the highest quality products available to help athletes achieve their performance goals. We developed the PowerBar TriSource protein blend in PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars to be a high quality protein with a steady delivery of essential amino acids.
Is PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar appropriate for diabetics?
PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars are used successfully by many diabetics. The PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars provide 3 carbohydrate exchanges, and 3 lean protein exchanges as defined by the American Dietetic Association and the American Diabetes Association. As with any food item, it is important to review the carbohydrate content so you can factor this into how you manage your diabetes. Check with your health care professional for more information.It is important for individuals with diabetes to work with their physician or registered dietitian to determine whether a product is appropriate for their individual diet plan. One PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar provides 2 carbohydrate exchanges and 3 lean-protein exchanges, based on The American Dietetic Association and the American Diabetes Association exchange lists.
I have food allergies. Can I eat PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars?
If you are allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, milk, soy, or gluten (from wheat flour, oats or malt) you should not eat PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars.
- Peanuts/Nuts: All PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars are made on equipment that processes products with peanuts and/or nuts. Some flavors contain either almond or peanut ingredients. So, if you have peanut or nut allergies, they recommend that you do not eat PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars.
- Milk: All PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars contain milk ingredients. If you have allergies to milk, they recommend that you do not eat PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars.
- Soy: All PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar flavors contain soy ingredients. If you are allergic to soy, they recommend that you do not eat PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars.
- Eggs: All PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars do not contain egg ingredients.
- Gluten: All flavors contain oat fiber, a potential source of gluten. In addition, some flavors contain wheat flour. If you are sensitive to gluten, they recommend that you do not eat PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars.
- Consult with your physician for more information on food allergies and sensitivities.
I'm lactose intolerant. Can I eat a PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar?
The amount of lactose in a PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar is very small (only about 0.15g per bar), so nearly all lactose intolerant people can consume them. Consult with your physician for more information.
How do I store PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars?
PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars do not have to be refrigerated, but we recommend storing the bars in a cool, dry place. In general, it is best to store PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars between 40–80° F. Storing a PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar in areas where the temperature exceeds 80° F for an extended period of time will result in significant changes to the taste, texture, color, and coating of the product.
How long will my PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars last?
Each PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bar is stamped with a “best by” date. Although it is safe to eat PowerBar ProteinPlus protein bars after this date, we recommend that you use them by the “best by” date to ensure you're enjoying the freshest product and receiving the full nutritional benefits of the product.
Their Goal. Their Passion. Their Mission.
To excel in your sport or fitness endeavor, you have to set goals, be driven. You push hard. You strengthen your commitment.
They play by the same rules. Commitment. Passion. And the push to help you succeed.
They're passionate about sports and fitness, health and wellness. That's why we started POWERBAR to begin with-to help athletes like you reach your goals by providing convenient nutritional products. All of their products are backed by decades of sports nutrition science and must live up to their high standards to meet the nutrition and energy needs of all athletes-from world-class champions and dedicated amateurs to beginners.