For vaginal use only
Not for rectal (anal) use
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) alert: This product does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs and may increase the risk of getting HIV from an infected partner.
Toxic Shock Syndrome: Some cases of Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) have been reported in women using barrier contraceptives, including the sponge. TSS is a rare, but serious disease that may cause death. Warning signs of TSS include fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle pain, dizziness, faintness or a sunburn-like rash on face or body. If you have any of these signs, remove the sponge and get medical help right away. You can avoid the risk of getting sponge-associated TSS by not using the sponge.
This product contains sodium metabisulfite which may cause severe allergic reactions in some people. Do not use if you are allergic to sulfites.
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to nonoxynol 9 or to this product.
Do not use:
Within the first six weeks after giving birth.
If you have ever had Toxic Shock Syndrome.
During your menstrual period.
If you or your sex partner has HIV/AIDS. If you do not know if you or your sex partner is infected, choose another form of birth control.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
Recently had a miscarriage or an abortion.
Been told that you should not become pregnant.
A vaginal or uterine condition, such as a vaginal septum or
uterine prolapse, which may keep the product from working.
Signs of pregnancy such as a late menstrual period.
A new partner, multiple sex partners, or unprotected sex.
Frequent use (more than once a day) of this product can increase vaginal irritation, which may increase the risk of getting the HIV/AIDS virus or other STDs from infected partners. Ask a doctor or health professional for your best birth control method.
When using this product:
You may get vaginal irritation (burning, itching, or a rash).
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
You or your partner get burning, itching, a rash, or other irritation of the vagina or penis.
You or your partner have difficult or painful urination.
You get abdominal pain, fever, chills, or a foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
You become pregnant.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (For most people, ingestion of small quantities of spermicide alone should not be harmful.)