Dagoba Organic Chocolate Hot Drinking Chocolate Unsweetened- 8 oz. (200 g)
Dagoba Organic Chocolate Hot Drinking Chocolate Unsweetened contains premium cacao powder, dark chocolate bits and cane sugar to deliver a rich experience. Dagoba Organic Chocolate Hot Drinking Chocolate Unsweetened is dedicated to The Art of Chocolate Alchemy: transforming exceptional cacao into edible gold. Dagoba practices Full Circle Sustainability - blending quality, ecology, equity and community into each step from the rainforest to you.
Fair Trade Overview
Aztec legend holds that cacao was brought to earth from paradise and that wisdom and power could be had by consuming the seed. To honor this belief Dagoba Organic Chocolate Hot Drinking Chocolate Unsweetened contains not only the finest organic cacao powder blended with organic cane sugar, but also bits of pure dark chocolate. Enjoy the rich, intense flavor of Dagoba Organic Chocolate and embrace the wisdom of the ancients.
Fair Trade Certification empowers farmers and farm workers to lift themselves out of poverty by investing in their farms and communities, protecting the environment, and developing the business skills necessary to compete in the global marketplace.
Fair Trade is much more than a fair price! Fair Trade principles include:
- Fair price: Democratically organized farmer groups receive a guaranteed minimum floor price and an additional premium for certified organic products. Farmer organizations are also eligible for pre-harvest credit.
- Fair labor conditions: Workers on Fair Trade farms enjoy freedom of association, safe working conditions, and living wages. Forced child labor is strictly prohibited.
- Direct trade: With Fair Trade, importers purchase from Fair Trade producer groups as directly as possible, eliminating unnecessary middlemen and empowering farmers to develop the business capacity necessary to compete in the global marketplace.
- Democratic and transparent organizations: Fair Trade farmers and farm workers decide democratically how to invest Fair Trade revenues.
- Community development: Fair Trade farmers and farm workers invest Fair Trade premiums in social and business development projects like scholarship programs, quality improvement trainings, and organic certification.
- Environmental sustainability: Harmful agrochemicals and GMOs are strictly prohibited in favor of environmentally sustainable farming methods that protect farmers' health and preserve valuable ecosystems for future generations. TransFair USA, a non-profit organization, is the only independent, third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in the U.S. and one of 20 members of Fairtrade Labeling Organizations International (FLO). TransFair's rigorous audit system, which tracks products from farm to finished product, verifies industry compliance with Fair Trade criteria. TransFair allows U.S. companies to display the Fair Trade Certified label on products that meet strict Fair Trade standards.
- Fair Trade Certification is currently available in the U.S. for coffee, tea and herbs, cocoa and chocolate, fresh fruit, sugar, rice, and vanilla.
Dagoba Organic Chocolate's quest for chocolate is driven by their insistence on the highest quality organic ingredients and production processes. In their Ashland, Oregon facility they manufacture their bars in small batches with great attention to detail. If quality is missing, nothing else matters. They are satisfied that their efforts are being rewarded with a shower of recognition.
Dagoba is dedicated to The Art of Chocolate Alchemy
Dagoba Organic Chocolate was founded by Frederick Schilling in 2001. He was on a mission to create exceptional chocolate - made from the finest organic ingredients - to benefit people and planet. Searching through rainforests for exquisite cacao Frederick was inspired by the soul & spirit of cacao as well as its history and the farmers who grow it. His reverence for pure cacao and adventurous palate brought to life exotic flavors such as lavender blueberry, chai and xocolatl. With the support of friends and family the company quickly grew with the first organic chocolate bars poured and wrapped by hand. Dagoba's pure & exotic chocolate is now available nationwide at specialty grocers, natural stores and cooperatives, as well as other fine chocolate establishments.
Dagoba is dedicated to The Art of Chocolate Alchemy - transforming cacao beans, the sacred seed of the cacao tree, into edible gold. Dagoba Organic Chocolate was founded by Frederick Schilling in 2001. He was on a mission to create exceptional chocolate - made from the finest organic ingredients - to benefit people and planet. Searching through rainforests for exquisite cacao Frederick was inspired by the soul and spirit of cacao as well as its history and the farmers who grow it. His reverence for pure cacao and adventurous palate brought to life exotic flavors such as lavender blueberry, chai and xocolatl. With the support of friends and family the company quickly grew with the first organic chocolate bars poured and wrapped by hand.
Dagoba's passion for the environment inspires their pursuit of Full Circle Sustainability, whereby they strive to achieve high standards in Quality, Ecology, Equity and Community. Dagoba is working with cocoa cooperatives in Costa Rica to sponsor re-forestation programs, partnering with urban greening programs in the US, purchasing green power for their manufacturing plant and creating recycled content packaging with soy based inks.
Dagoba invites you to uncover your senses and savor slowly to explore a moment of pure perfection. Help Dagoba widen the circle - share Dagoba's Organic Chocolate with friends and family!