Dagoba Organic Dark Chocolate Superfruit Bar 74% Cacao - 2 oz. (56 g)
Bar Dark Chocolate Superfruit 74% Cacao by Dagoba Organic Chocolate
Dagoba Organic Dark Chocolate Superfruit Bar 74% Cacao is a rich dark chocolate with a acai, currants, & goji berries unite to deliver a delicious burst of antioxidants. Dagoba's award-winning chocolate collection includes 17 bars, including Dagoba Organic Dark Chocolate Superfruit Bar 74% Cacao, made from sustainably grown, organic cacao, otherwise known as food of the gods. Every product - from single varietals to flavor infusions that marry exotic ingredients such as pure essential oils, fruits and nuts - is manufactured in small batches with great care.
Pursuing The World's Most Pure and Exotic Cacao
Fair Trade Overview
Dagoba seeks fine-flavor, organic, sustainably grown cacao from producers that reinvest in communities and the environment. Dagoba's products are crafted in small batches using pure and exotic organic ingredients blended in perfect balance. Dagoba travels to the tropical regions of the equator in pursuit of the most pure and exotic cacao. Through their travels Dagoba established direct partnerships, collaborated on processing and learned how equitable trade supports communities and the environment. Dagoba has built grower relationships in Latin America, South America and Madagascar so that they can source sustainably grown cacao to benefit the land and the farmers who harvest it.
Fair Trade Certification empowers farmers and farm workers to lift themselves out of poverty by investing in their farms and communities, protecting the environment, and developing the business skills necessary to compete in the global marketplace.
Fair Trade is much more than a fair price! Fair Trade principles include:
- Fair price: Democratically organized farmer groups receive a guaranteed minimum floor price and an additional premium for certified organic products. Farmer organizations are also eligible for pre-harvest credit.
- Fair labor conditions: Workers on Fair Trade farms enjoy freedom of association, safe working conditions, and living wages. Forced child labor is strictly prohibited.
- Direct trade: With Fair Trade, importers purchase from Fair Trade producer groups as directly as possible, eliminating unnecessary middlemen and empowering farmers to develop the business capacity necessary to compete in the global marketplace.
- Democratic and transparent organizations: Fair Trade farmers and farm workers decide democratically how to invest Fair Trade revenues.
- Community development: Fair Trade farmers and farm workers invest Fair Trade premiums in social and business development projects like scholarship programs, quality improvement trainings, and organic certification.
- Environmental sustainability: Harmful agrochemicals and GMOs are strictly prohibited in favor of environmentally sustainable farming methods that protect farmers' health and preserve valuable ecosystems for future generations. TransFair USA, a non-profit organization, is the only independent, third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in the U.S. and one of 20 members of Fairtrade Labeling Organizations International (FLO). TransFair's rigorous audit system, which tracks products from farm to finished product, verifies industry compliance with Fair Trade criteria. TransFair allows U.S. companies to display the Fair Trade Certified label on products that meet strict Fair Trade standards.
- Fair Trade Certification is currently available in the U.S. for coffee, tea and herbs, cocoa and chocolate, fresh fruit, sugar, rice, and vanilla.
Dagoba Organic Chocolate's quest for chocolate is driven by their insistence on the highest quality organic ingredients and production processes. In their Ashland, Oregon facility they manufacture their bars in small batches with great attention to detail. If quality is missing, nothing else matters. They are satisfied that their efforts are being rewarded with a shower of recognition.
Dagoba is dedicated to The Art of Chocolate Alchemy
Dagoba Organic Chocolate was founded by Frederick Schilling in 2001. He was on a mission to create exceptional chocolate - made from the finest organic ingredients - to benefit people and planet. Searching through rainforests for exquisite cacao Frederick was inspired by the soul & spirit of cacao as well as its history and the farmers who grow it. His reverence for pure cacao and adventurous palate brought to life exotic flavors such as lavender blueberry, chai and xocolatl. With the support of friends and family the company quickly grew with the first organic chocolate bars poured and wrapped by hand. Dagoba's pure & exotic chocolate is now available nationwide at specialty grocers, natural stores and cooperatives, as well as other fine chocolate establishments.
Dagoba is dedicated to The Art of Chocolate Alchemy - transforming cacao beans, the sacred seed of the cacao tree, into edible gold. Dagoba Organic Chocolate was founded by Frederick Schilling in 2001. He was on a mission to create exceptional chocolate - made from the finest organic ingredients - to benefit people and planet. Searching through rainforests for exquisite cacao Frederick was inspired by the soul and spirit of cacao as well as its history and the farmers who grow it. His reverence for pure cacao and adventurous palate brought to life exotic flavors such as lavender blueberry, chai and xocolatl. With the support of friends and family the company quickly grew with the first organic chocolate bars poured and wrapped by hand.
Dagoba's passion for the environment inspires their pursuit of Full Circle Sustainability, whereby they strive to achieve high standards in Quality, Ecology, Equity and Community. Dagoba is working with cocoa cooperatives in Costa Rica to sponsor re-forestation programs, partnering with urban greening programs in the US, purchasing green power for their manufacturing plant and creating recycled content packaging with soy based inks.
Dagoba invites you to uncover your senses and savor slowly to explore a moment of pure perfection. Help Dagoba widen the circle - share Dagoba's Organic Chocolate with friends and family!
Unwrap, Eat and Enjoy!
Allergy Information: Manufactured on the same equipment that processes tree nuts.
Organic dark choclate (cacao beans, cane sugar, cocoa, cacao butter, non-gmo soy lecithin) currants, goji berries, acai powder, milk (less than 0.1%)
About Dagoba Organic Chocolate
At Dagoba, we are dedicated to the art of chocolate alchemy - transforming cacao beans, the sacred seed of the cacao tree - into edible gold. Dagoba organic chocolate was founded by Frederick Schilling in 2001. At Dagoba, we seek fine-flavor, organic, sustainably grown cacao from producers that reinvest in communities and the environment. Our products are crafted in small batches using pure & exotic organic ingredients blended in perfect balance.
1105 Benson Way
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
Acai and goji berries are quite interesting fruits, which has drawn me to this bar. While a great chocolate, I still think there are some improvements that could be made. The acai berry note is present throughout the entirety of the bar due to it being blended in as a powder, but the goji and currants are very scarce. The currants may contribute a very consistent raisin note, but the orange-cranberry tartness of the goji berry can be found in surprisingly few bites. If they were to up the amount of goji berries I'd say this bar would be perfect for what they're trying to accomplish, but for now this bar is predominantly a throne for the acai berry. Extremely good, though still note quite to the ideal.
Delicious. I really like this one. I was worried because sometimes chocolate bars with such a high percentage of cacao are bitter but this one wasn't. I really enjoyed the flavor and the fruit bits were great as well. Fair trade too which is great.
Mmmm...chocolate bursting with anti oxidants. Perfect!