Freeze-Dried Yogurt Probiotic Starter Set by Yogourmet
Yogourmet Freeze-Dried Yogurt Probiotic Starter Set - 6 x 5g Packets
With the YoGourmet Freeze-Dried Yogurt Probiotic Starter Set, you can make home-made yogurt that has three types of dairy cultures, well recognized for their health benefits, in addition of the regular yogurt cultures. YoGourmet Freeze-Dried Yogurt Probiotic Starter Set must be used only with the Yogourmet Multi yogurt maker (or YoGourmet's earlier model, the Yogourmet II yogurt maker). CBA yogurt starter requires an incubation period of 12 to 15 hours, during which time the temperature must be increased gradually from 23°C to 44°C (73°F to 112°F), the Yogourmet Multi yogurt maker meets this requirement with a heating system specially designed to heat in this pattern. Each box in the YoGourmet Freeze-Dried Yogurt Probiotic Starter Set contains 3 envelopes of 2 X 5 grams and each envelope makes 2 litres of yogurt.
- Save more! Make your own yogurt at about half the price of store bought
- Go Green! >Reduce the plastic containers used with store bought yogurt
- All Natural! No additives or preservatives!
- Know what you are eating. When making your own yogurt, you control what goes into it.
- Each box contains six - 5 gram envelopes
- Each envelope makes 1 quart of yogurt
What is Lyophilization ?
Lyophilization is a process which extracts the water from foods and other products so that the foods or products remain stable and are easier to store at room temperature (ambiant air temperature).
Lyophilization is carried out using a simple principle of physics called sublimation. Sublimation is the transition of a substance from the solid to the vapour state, without first passing through an intermediate liquid phase. To extract water from foods, the process of lyophilization consists of:
- Freezing the food so that the water in the food become ice;
- Under a vacuum, sublimating the ice directly into water vapour;
- Drawing off the water vapour;
- Once the ice is sublimated, the foods are freeze-dried and can be removed from the machine.
Advantages of Lyophilization
Lyophilization has many advantages compared to other drying and preserving techniques.
- Lyophilization maintains food quality because the food remains at a temperature that is below the freezing-point during the process of sublimation; The use of lyophilization is particularly important when processing lactic bacteria, because these products are easily affected by heat.
- Foods which are lyophilized can usually be stored without refrigeration, which results in a significant reduction of storage and transportation costs.
- Lyophilization greatly reduces weight, and this makes the products easier to transport. For example, many foods contain as much as 90% water. These foods are 10 times lighter after lyophilization.
- Because they are porous, most freeze-dried foods can be easily rehydrated. Lyophilization does not significantly reduce volume, therefore water quickly regains its place in the molecular structure of the food.
The freeze-dryer unit Lyo-San uses is of their own design. Each dryer is composed of a large air-tight cylindrical reservoir, equipped with shelves to hold the trays of food to be freeze-dried. Access is through a large door, made of 6 cm thick acrylic, strong enough to resist the high pressure created when air is withdrawn from the freeze-drying unit to produce a vacuum needed for the process of sublimation.
Yogourmet by Lyo-San
Lyo-San is pleased to present their line of Yogourmet products to help you make delicious and tasty home-made yogurt, nutritious cultured milks. Yogourmet products are easy to use, recognized for their excellent quality, and produce delicious yogurt. Lyo-San has recently added new cultures to their line of products, which will allow you to produce home-made yogurt with added probiotic bacteria and cultured milks such as kéfir, spreadable cheeses, buttermilk and sour cream. Yogourmet products are easy to use and produce natural and delicious home-made yogurt and cultured milks.
Use with Yogourmet II or Multi yogurt makers to produce yogurt in only 4 1/2 hours. Makes 6 quarts.
This product is manufactured in a facility that manipulates products that contain wheat, soy, eggs, milk, and fish (including shrimp)
|Yogourmet - Freeze-Dried Yogurt Probiotic Starter Set - 6 x 5g Packets|
|Serving Size: 1/4 Packet (.04 oz)|
|Servings Per Container: 24|
||Amount Per Serving
|Calories from Fat
|Amount in Yogurt Starter vs. (Amount in 1 cup (245g) Prepared Yogurt)|
*Daily Value Not Established.
†Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your diet values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Ingredients: Ascorbic acid, Lactic bacteria (L.casei, B.longum, L.bulgaricus, S.thermophilus, L.acidophilus), skim milk powder.|
Lyo-San is pleased to present our line of Yogourmet products to help you make delicious and tasty home-made yogurt, nutritious cultured milks. Yogourmet products are easy to use, recognized for their excellent quality, and produce delicious yogurt. We have recently added new cultures to our line of products, which will allow you to produce home-made yogurt with added probiotic bacteria and cultured milks such as kéfir, spreadable cheeses, buttermilk and sour cream. Yogourmet products are easy to use and produce natural and delicious home-made yogurt and cultured milks.
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
I found the recommended 12 hour incubation to produce a sour yogurt. Ten hours works best for me and the results are superb.
works and making your own yogurt saves so much if you but organic yogurt. It is easy just do it!
Sometimes hard to cool milk to exact temperature for the starter but makes a good yogourt
muy buen producto. El yoghurt es espeso y sabroso usando este cultivo. Tarda un poco más que el yoghurt usual, pero vale la pena.
It didn't work, so I had to use real plain yogurt as a starter