PowerBar - Performance Energy Bar Vanilla Crisp - 2.29 oz. (65 g)
PowerBar Vanilla Crisp Performance Energy Bar provides fuel for optimum performance. When you're a serious athlete competing at the highest levels of exercise intensity and duration, fueling up right can make a huge impact on how you feel and perform. PowerBar Performance Energy Bars are formulated with PowerBar C2MAX dual source energy blend: a 2:1 glucose to fructose blend found to deliver 20–50% more energy to muscles than glucose alone.
Eat 1 bar 30–60 minutes before exercise. For events lasting over 1 hour, eat 1–2 bars per hour during your exercise. It's time to take your performance levels to new heights.
PowerBar Performance Energy Bar Frequently Asked Questions
What are PowerBar Performance Energy Bars?
A blend of proteins and nutrients that can help you prepare for intense training and high-endurance athletic competition.
How can I use PowerBar Performance Energy Bars?
PowerBar Performance Energy Bars are designed to help meet the energy demands of athletes competing at the highest levels of exercise intensity and duration.
Here are some ways you can incorporate these bars into your training plan:
- Use them as part of a carbohydrate-based meal 2-4 hours before exercise.
- Consume a bar as a carb-based snack 30-60 minutes before exercise.
- Consume 1-2 bars per hour during exercise that lasts for over an hour.
- Use them interchangeably with other PowerBar Performance Energy products.
What kind of energy do PowerBar Performance Energy Bars provide?
These bars provide maximum energy to your muscles with PowerBar C2MAX dual source energy blend: a 2:1 glucose to fructose blend that's been shown to deliver 20-50% more energy to muscles than glucose alone, and can help improve endurance performance by 8%.
Endurance athletes and exercise enthusiasts need to eat a carbohydrate-based diet on a daily basis in order to load up on muscle fuel stores of glycogen before exercise. If you're one of these athletes, you also need carbs to sustain your energy stores on the course.
Do PowerBar Performance Energy Bars provide electrolytes?
Yes. Each bar contains 200 mg sodium, a key electrolyte lost when you sweat. Loss of sodium from sweating is associated with muscle cramping in some athletes.
Average Quantities of Electrolytes Lost in Sweat:
- Sodium: 920-1840 mg per liter of sweat
- Potassium: 156-312 mg per liter
- Calcium: 120-160 mg per liter
Why do PowerBar Performance Energy Bars freeze?
Because PowerBar Performance Energy bars contain 1.5-4g of fat and have a water base, you may find that they freeze in colder weather. To retain its soft texture, keep your PowerBar Performance Energy Bar close to your body for warmth.
How long will my PowerBar Performance Energy Bars last?
Each PowerBar Performance Energy Bar is stamped with a "best by" date. PowerBar recommends that you use them by the "best by" date to ensure you're enjoying their best quality product and receiving the full nutritional benefits of the product.
Athlete Nutrition - Top Pre & Post Workout Meals & Snacks
What you eat makes a big difference in the quality of your workouts and your performance benefits. Learn what to eat, when and why, to improve your fitness.
Try to consume a meal about 2-4 hours before your workout. This meal should consist of carbs to top off your muscle reserves and some lean protein. Stay away from slow-to-digest foods such as those high in fat and fiber.
If all you have time for is a snack, try to consume a carb-based snack about an hour before you start your workout.
Try incorporating some of these meal and snack options in your nutrition plan depending on what time of day you are exercising:
- Cold or hot cereal with fruit or fruit juice and low-fat or nonfat milk
- French toast or pancakes with maple or fruit syrup plus 2 eggs
- Breakfast burrito (scrambled eggs, salsa, low-fat cheese in a flour tortilla) and fruit juice
- Toast with jam or honey and low-fat yogurt
- Bagel or English muffin with jelly and/or peanut butter, a banana, and fruit juice
Lunch or dinner
- Deli sandwich on whole wheat bread with turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato, extra veggies, and mustard, and baked chips
- Bean burrito (light on the cheese and skip the sour cream); 2 soft tacos with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, and extra salsa; and Mexican rice
- 2 small hamburgers with fruit or fruit juice and a side salad
- Grilled chicken sandwich, frozen low-fat yogurt, and baked potato with low-fat sour cream or salsa
- Pasta or cheese ravioli with red sauce, French bread, steamed vegetables, pudding, and fresh or canned fruit
- A slice of thick-crust veggie pizza, low-fat gelato, and fresh or canned fruit
- Baked or grilled lean beef, chicken, turkey, or fish; steamed rice; dinner roll; cooked green beans; low-fat frozen yogurt; fruit juice
- Trail mix with dried fruit
- Fresh fruit
- Wheat or rice crackers
- Small sandwich
- PowerBar Performance Energy Bar
- PowerBar Gel Blasts Energy Chews
- PowerBar PowerGel
- PowerBar Harvest Energy
Consume carbs and proteins after exercise to help repair and rebuild muscle tissue. Make sure you are fueling your recovery effectively by consuming food within 30 minutes of when you finished and by gradually replacing the fluids and sodium you lost while sweating.
Try these recovery foods after your workouts for something fast and practical to consume:
- Bagels or pita bread with a slice of cheese or turkey
- Peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich
- Pretzels dipped in peanut butter
- Fruit smoothie
- String cheese and crackers with beef jerky
- Low-fat chocolate milk
- Bean burrito with salsa
- PowerBar Recovery Sports Drink
- PowerBar Recovery bar
- PowerBar ProteinPlus Bar 20g, 22g, 30g
- PowerBar Triple Threat Energy Bar
Nutrition Science - PowerBar C2Max Dual-Source Energy Blend
What Is It?
A 2:1 glucose to fructose blend found to deliver 20-50% more energy to muscles than glucose alone and improve endurance performance by 8%.
Which Products Have It?
PowerBar sports nutrition products featuring the muscle-fueling innovation, C2Max dual-source energy blend:
- PowerBar Performance Energy bar
- PowerGel Energy Gel
- PowerBar Energy Blasts Energy Chews
- PowerBar Performance Energy Blends
- PowerBar Perform Sports Drink Mix
How Does C2Max Deliver More Energy?
Glucose is the gold standard for fueling muscles. But glucose alone empties more slowly from the stomach than C2Max and is also absorbed across the intestine, and subsequently oxidized (burned) at rates 20-50% lower than C2Max. The C2Max dual-source energy blend of glucose and fructose can mean ~8% greater endurance performance.
Consuming a mixture of both glucose and fructose takes advantage of two separate transport systems within the intestine (SGLT1 for glucose and GLUT5 for fructose). Compared to glucose alone, approximately 20 to 50% more carbohydrate fuel is delivered from the gastro-intestinal tract to the bloodstream and delivered to working muscles when glucose and fructose are taken together in a 2:1 ratio. With C2Max, you will utilize the carrying capacity of two transport systems instead of just one as with glucose alone. When more carbohydrates are delivered, more energy makes its way to working muscles.
Typically, carb intake during exercise is recommended at the rate of about 30-60 grams per hour when exercising less than a few hours. However, when using PowerBar products with C2Max for long duration events, carb consumption can increase to up to 100 grams per hour. Some athletes can tolerate more carbs than others. Practice taking in different amounts of carbohydrates during training to find out what works for you.