GOOD4U Sports Nutrition - Relaxation Formula 100% Natural Field Berry - 16 oz. (473 mL)
GOOD 4 U 100% Natural Relaxation Formula includes herbal and amino ingredients to help manage daily periods of stress. Will not cause drowsiness, only a feeling of exhaustion.
This GOOD4U Calming Formula contains an herbal blend designed for people that are both mentally and physically active, to enable them to reduce anxiety and provide antioxidants to help heal the damage caused by extended periods of high stress.
Anxiety: A Growing Problem
GOOD4U Relaxation: A Growing Solution! Work is an activity central to the lives and well-being of most people. It provides, not only, the economic means to survival, but also the disposable income for the acquisition of those things we desire. Work, paid or voluntary, also contributes to our sense of self-esteem, community connection, and it is a source of needed routine and structure. However, even though work confers these benefits and others, it also is a significant source of stress for many people.
A 1997 survey of 890 Canadian adults revealed that two of the main sources of stress were work and concerns about unemployment. British studies have found that many people attribute the cause of their mental health problems to their job. The cost of time lost from work because of mental health problems is enormous; over 91 million working days each year in the UK. Stress-related absences cost an estimated £4 billion annually. According to Statistics Canada the annual cost of work time lost to stress stands at $12 billion.
- Lemon Balm: Lemon Balm is a soothing sedative herb that can relieve tension and lift depression. Lemon Balm is used as aromatherapy to calm overexcited individuals suffering from dementia.
- Hibiscus: Drinking hibiscus tea can lower blood pressure in pre-hypertensive and mildly hypertensive adults, according to a new research presented to the American Heart Association (AHA). And those with the highest systolic blood pressure readings at the start of the study had a greater response to hibiscus. Specific Source: www.nutraingredients.com.
- Passion Flower: Passion flower works on the nerves by toning the sympathetic nerve, and also by improving the blood circulation and the nutrition that the nerves receive. The flower works gently, and sedates a person smoothly, and reduces the symptoms of over-activity and panic in a person therby making it a mild, non-addictive herbal tranquilizer. Specific Source: www.herbs2000.com.
- L-Theanine: L-Theanine is an amino acid that helps promote a mild, restful, relaxed state without diminishing daytime alertness. Stress impairs the immune system, leaving us vulnerable to opportunistic infections and can cause depression. People under stress can mitigate many of the harmful effects of stress with l-theanine. L-Theanine reduces stress and anxiety without the tranquilizing effects found in many other calming supplements. Theanine has a reputation for promoting mental and physical relaxation and decreasing stress and anxiety without inducing drowsiness, as measured by increased generation of alpha-waves. L-Theanine directly stimulates the production of alpha brain waves. Bt increasing the brain's output of apha waves, theanine may control anxiety, increase mental focus, improve concentration, and promote creativity.
Nutrition & Training - Facts, Tips, Tricks & Information
Own Your Game
Athletics require both physical & mental ability. It is our proficiency in these areas that will ultimately determine how well we do. This applies to every sport. There are NO exceptions. Physical success in sport is broken down to two areas; power & skill.
Keys To Building Explosive Power In Sports
Most sports demand varying levels of endurance, but to really be effective you need an explosive burst. Sudden bursts of both power & speed are the game changing elements that separate great players from average players.
How Can You Increase Your Explosiveness?
Explosiveness is really another word for power. Let's clearly define the word "power". Power = Speed x Strength. An individual's ability to exert a great deal of strength very quickly. The application of this can be seen when a player steals a pass, dunks a basketball, delivers a body check or breaks a tackle. Power is clearly useful in just about any sporting application, but how can you develop it? And how can you tailor it to your sport? The difference is down to the training approach.
Each sport follows a general pattern or rhythm. For example, a rugby player will need to jog continuously while he is following the play and then sprint for several seconds when he has possession of the ball or when he is trying to tackle his opponent. The explosive burst will typically last 3-4 or 7-8 second.
Rarely more than that.
In a sport such as power lifting the period of extreme exertion would be preceded by an inactive or light activity period followed by a maximum power output of less than 5 seconds in duration.
This is contrasted sharply by a sport such as hockey, where a player will go from a resting state on the bench to a highly active state on the ice lasting from 1 - 2 minutes punctuated by multiple exertions of short duration 5 second power surges.
Clearly there is a need to apply different training techniques in order to prime your body for your chosen sport.
The major mistake that most athletes make is in training sport specific techniques on the practice field, hardwood or ice. While using the same one size fits all weight training approach in the gym.
Why Are GOOD4U Formulae Different?
The GOOD4U Athletic Formulae have been developed to address the 3 differing need states of the body during the training cycle; Pre-Activity, Active and Post-Activity. In addition to this, the GOOD4U Athletic Formulae offer several different complete and comprehensive training programs that have been broken down to address:
- Those who need to build an overall foundation of size and strength.
- Programs that have been designed to build physical ability for your different sports.
About GOOD4U Drinks
Not All Sports Drinks Are Created Equal. Tired of consuming artificially coloured sugar water, disguised and marketed as sports drinks? Now you can make the switch to the most complete sports drink on the market. GOOD4U Drinks are 100% Natural, low carb, low calorie, sweetened with stevia and taste great. Make the switch today to GOOD4U Sports Nutrition Drinks, and be part of the all natural evolution.