Now Foods Erythritol Natural Sweetener - 2.5 lbs. (1134 g)
Now Foods Erythritol is a naturally-occurring sugar alcohol derived from a corn source and is naturally found in small amounts in various plants, fruits and fungi, including mushrooms. Now Foods Erythritol contains virtually no calories (95% less calories than table sugar), has a low glycemic impact, and doesn't contribute to tooth decay. Basically all the bad things about sugar are absent in Now Foods Erythritol , yet it tastes just like sugar and is about 70% as sweet.
Now Foods Erythritol has a clean, sweet taste and is the perfect natural substitute for sugar in many applications. There's really no need to use refined table sugar ever again. Because you are what you eat, Now Foods has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. Now Foods is independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
- 100% Pure
- Pleasant-tasting Natural Sweetener
- Great for Reduced-Calorie and Sugar-Free Recipes
- Zero Calories
- Low Glycemic Impact
- Naturally Sweet
- Same Great Now Foods Taste. Brand New Look!
Now Foods Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know that Now Foods products are safe?
Now Foods has Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certification from the Natural Products Association (NPA), the largest dietary supplement trade association in the United States. GMP certification means that every aspect of Now Foods' manufacturing process has been examined, including their laboratory methods and testing for stability and potency and product formulation, and found to adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices. Now Foods received an “A” compliance rating, the highest award possible, from NPA. Now Foods is also a member of NPA’s TruLabel Program, the industry's most expansive and successful self-regulatory program
What does “What’s in the bottle is what’s on the label” mean?
Now Foods products are formulated for safety, quality and efficacy. The formula in the product that you purchase is defined in their specifications. They assure you that they strive to ensure the exact formula in the bottle is described on the label that is on the bottle. There should be no difference between the product in the bottle and the label.
What does “What’s on the label is in the bottle” mean?
Exactly that. When you pick up a product on the store shelf the label completely and accurately describes the product in the bottle. There are no hidden ingredients.
Why may the label on my bottle be slightly different from the information I see on a website?
Sometimes there are minor changes to the product based on the situations described below. This may cause a slight difference between the information on the Now Foods Foods website or other websites and the label on the bottle, or between different lots of product. Again they want to assure you that their goal is that the product in the bottle always matches what’s described on the label.
What kinds of situations lead to minor differences in products?
Here are some examples of situations where this might occur:
- Now Foods is always working to improve their product safety and quality. They also are continuously working to improve their testing methods and their manufacturing processes to ensure high quality products. Any of these improvements might lead to minor changes in the product or the product label. For example, they may change the standardization of an ingredient to improve its quality. As another example, they are constantly using the best science and improving their testing methods. Sometimes the newer, more modern methods give a different test result and they then modify the label to reflect this. The ingredient tested has not changed. What has changed is that they are now using a better analytical method to test and the test results are described differently than before.
- Now Foods manufactures and distributes natural products. This means that ingredients are naturally sourced or minimally processed. Natural products can have natural variations. These natural variations may lead to a slightly different formula or manufacturing requirements. For example, differences in density or particle size of an ingredient powder may result in the need for a slightly different manufacturing process. This may lead to the use of different excipients which would be listed under ”other ingredients” on the label. Excipients are those non- nutritive ingredients necessary to efficiently make a tablet or capsule.
- Natural products sometimes also have supply issues. Sometimes, due to poor harvests for example, a certain species or form of an herb may not be as available as before. Now Foods may need to change this to ensure that you can continue to purchase the product you prefer. They make sure this does not affect safety or efficacy. The product label will correctly define the ingredient used in that production lot (batch).
Do these minor differences affect the reason I am taking this product?
In most cases, these differences will not affect the efficacy of the product and you can continue to take the slightly different formulation without noticing any functional differences.
After I open a product, how long will it retain its labeled potency?
Now Foods products have an expiration date printed on the packaging. This date assures that the product will retain its labeled potency at least to the expiration date, provided that the storage recommendations are followed.
Products with the instruction "keep refrigerated" on the packaging should be kept refrigerated, especially after opening. For some products, several days without refrigeration may not affect them much, but longer periods will. For other products, refrigeration ensures that the product is kept in a low humidity environment. Refrigeration is advised to extend the shelf life of many products, especially fish oils, nutritional oils, almond oil, and probiotics.
If there is a freshness packet in the bottle, please leave it in while there is still product in the bottle. Discard the packet and lid before recycling the bottle.
What are the Ageless, desiccant, and charcoal packets in your dietary supplement bottles for?
These packets are used to absorb excess moisture, oxygen or odor within the bottle, and extend the shelf life of the product. Now Foods is one of the very few companies that uses Ageless packets to extend shelf life and protect our products from degradation.
How does Now Foods feel about genetically engineered products, and are all NOW products free of genetic engineering or genetically modified organisms?
Now Foods is strongly against genetic engineering and/or genetically modified organisms in foods and dietary supplements, because they are concerned about the safety and environmental impact of this manipulation. While Now Foods has taken great strides in the past few years to switch as many of our products to non-GMO sources as possible, raw materials supplies have not kept up.
In the early 1990’s all food was non-GMO. When farmers began switching to genetically-modified crops, only certified organic foods were known to be free of GMOs. As new Identity Preserved non-GMO sources become available, we are eagerly adding them to their catalog of products.
Does Now Foods carry Non-GMO nutritional products?
Now Foods is concerned with the proliferation of GMOs in the food chain, so they offer a growing number of organic foods, herb teas, essential oils, green foods and nutritional oils, as well as non-GMO soy protein, soy nuts and Lecithin. They continue to influence major raw material manufacturers to offer more Non-GMO products.
Why are trademark names displayed on Now Foods product labels for some ingredients?
Now Foods strives to use only the highest quality ingredients in its products. Trademarked ingredients indicate that proprietary methods are used in their formulation. These methods generally increase the product’s quality and value to consumers. Trademarked ingredients also tend to have a higher degree of scientific backing than non-trademarked ingredients, since the trademark owners often perform additional standardization and frequently submit their material for use in scientific studies. Consumers may contact the trademarked ingredient manufacturers for more information.
Where do you obtain the gelatin used in your hard gelatin caps?
It is obtained by the processing of collagen derived from the skin, white connective tissues and bones of beef and pork. Softgel capsules are typically derived from beef gelatin, and Now Foods also offers some products in Vcaps (vegetarian capsule) made from plant cellulose or polysaccharides.
Some of your products contain Sodium Benzoate. I recently heard something about this being a problem in soft drinks. Is there any danger with this in your products?
Benzoic acid, Benzoates, and related compounds have been extensively studied and have a long history of safe use, but also occur naturally in foods such as fruits and berries, as these form naturally during normal plant metabolic processes.
Since the 1990’s the FDA has apparently been aware that benzene, a carcinogen, could form at the ppb (parts per billion) level in some soft drink beverages that contained benzoate preservatives and ascorbic acid (vitamin C). The vast majority of beverages that were looked at which included these ingredients contained either no detectable benzene or levels below the 5 ppb limit for drinking water and that the level in these products did not and do not constitute an imminent health hazard.
Now Foods' Quality Assurance Dept is aware of the reports. They have tested all of their products containing Benzoates and Vitamin C and determined them to contain no benzene (none detected). They will continue to monitor for any new developments
Now Foods' Mission
The Now Foods mission is - To provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives. Now Foods is an award-winning and highly respected manufacturer of vitamins, minerals, dietary supplements and natural foods.
In 1948, with the natural food and supplement industry in its infancy, entrepreneur Paul Richard paid $900 for the purchase of Fearn Soya Foods—a Chicago based manufacturer of grain and legume-based products. This began a six- decade legacy of providing health-seeking consumers with high-quality, affordable nutrition products.
History of Now Foods
In 1968, Now Foods was founded under the belief that good health was not a luxury available only to the wealthy. For the past forty years, Now Foods has made it their life's work to offer health food and nutritional supplements of the highest quality, at prices that are fair and affordable to all those who seek them. Today, Now Foods is one of the top-selling brands in health foods stores, an award-winning manufacturer, a respected advocate of the natural product industry, and a leader in the fields of nutritional science and methods development. And while Now Foods has grown considerably over the past four decades, one thing has never changed – Now Foods' commitment to providing products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
Now Foods' Commitments
- Customer Focused and Information Driven - Now Foods believes that their products, services, and the decisions they make should be primarily influenced by the desires and needs of Now Foods; customers. The decisions that Now Foods makes should be based on accurate information and therefore Now Foods places a high value on knowledge and learning within their organization.
- Quality and Value Oriented - Acting in the best interest of Now Foods' customers, Now Foods endeavors to produce the highest quality products at competitive prices. Now Foods' first priority is to maintain quality where it counts the most – in the products. Now Foods' exceptional cost-conscious team of employees then focuses their energies on driving costs down. Nurturing this competency of value drives Now Foods' ability to provide high quality products at the very best prices.
- Natural is Better - Now Foods is convinced that natural products are better than their synthetic counterparts and produce better results in human health. Therefore, wherever possible, Now Foods strives to provide products that contain natural ingredients because they are better for their customers.
Now Foods Science
Now Foods' experienced professional and technical staff formulates their products to be of the highest quality. Now Foods has a group of biochemists, chemists, nutritionists, and food technologists who review current science and nutritional parameters, and formulate our products to be effective for the intended use. Now Foods' structure/function claims are based on science for active ingredients, and on nutritional science for nutritional content. Serving sizes are based on doses from clinical studies and laboratory studies. The heart of Now Foods science is third party independent research. Now Foods investigates and review clinical studies and other lab studies conducted on their ingredients and their formulas. Best science is used to support best formulations which lead to best quality. Now Foods products are constantly being tested in clinical trials conducted at top universities and research centers around the country and in various parts of the world. Now Foods products are being tested to determine such things as effectiveness for joint support, quality of life for cancer patients, cardiovascular support, and athletic endurance. Effective products mean health and wellness benefits, which mean quality.
GMP Quality Assured
Now Foods’ GMP certification covers standard operating procedures, employee training, product specifications, expiration dating, vendor certifications and much more. Standard operating procedures include sampling and testing incoming materials according to Now Foods specifications, inspecting manufacturing processes, and testing finished products to specifications. Tests include organoleptic evaluation (human senses such as sight, taste, smell), physical testing of tablets and capsules, chemical identity of ingredients, potency and contamination testing by the company’s in-house state-of-the-art analytical testing lab, as well as microbiological testing by Now Foods’ in-house rapid analysis microbiological lab.