Natural Factors - Chia Factors Whole Food Nutrition - 12.6 oz
Natural Factors Chia Factors uses only the highest grade of chia seed available in the world. The Nutrition Science Research Institute seal guarantees that ChiaFactors chia seed is grown under the highest safety and purity standards, in harmony with the environment, ensuring a safe, high quality nutritional product. ChiaFactors contains a blend of the black and white chia seeds because the black seed delivers a higher antioxidant value than the white and the white delivers the omega 3’s – the best qualities of both in one formula!
Chia is an ancient grain cultivated by the Aztecs and Mayans in pre-Columbian times as a staple foods and was in of the three major plant sources of food, along with corn and beans. Since then, chia seeds have been used in foods and beverages and for medicinal uses, both in whole and gound form, although chia seeds don't require grinding as they are easily digested. They can be eaten alone or added to foods such as cereals, yogurt or baked goods.
One serving of Chia Factors provides:
- 2.5 g Omega-3 EFAs
- 2 g Complete Protein
- 70 mg Calcium
- 7 g Dietary Fiber
- 960 ORAC value
- 35 mg Magnesium
The Natural Factors Philosophy
Natural Factors' supplements are part of a holistic approach to personal health. Roland Gahler is Natural Factors' visionary leader. His investment in people, science and technology has contributed to the creation of natural health formulas that are safe, reliable and effective. Natural Factors' goal is to deliver supplements which marry the wisdom of ancient herbal physicians and the science of modern clinical research to enhance the health of consumers everywhere.
Natural Factors' priority is enhancing people's health:
- Natural Factors offers more than 300 different formulas.
- Natural Factors is a family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- Natural Factors has produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- Natural Factors grows their own herbs, organically and processes them fresh from the fields.
- Natural Factors tests and standardizes herbs for total quality control.
- Natural Factors' science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- Natural Factors creates new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Natural Factors' laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- Natural Factors meets or exceeds Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements.
Natural Factors is committed to providing the highest quality products to our customers. All of their products undergo rigorous testing at all levels of the production process in accordance with United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) guidelines. Their manufacturing is done according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines laid out and regulated by the Health Protection Branch (HPB) of Health Canada. Factors Laboratories also follows Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) guidelines.