Somersaults Crunchy Nuggets Sunflower Seed Snacks Cinnamon Crunch - 6 Pack(s)
Somersaults Cinnamon Crunch bakes warm cinnamon into thier whole wheat dough to create a delightful yet healthy treat. A little sprinkle of sweetness makes this perfect crunchy snack a coffee pairing delight! With just 7g of sugar (that's 42% less than a granola bar!), this treat is a good-for-you twist on Grandma's home baked cinnamon rolls. Cinnamon is a great source of fiber, iron, and calcium!
Somersaults Crunchy Nuggets Sunflower Seed Snacks Cinnamon Crunch is made with:
- Cinnamon: Highly prized among ancient nations this exotic spice is obtained from the inner bark of the cinnamon tree, native to South East Asia. Its flavor comes from an aromatic essential oil, baked into our Cinnamon Crunch it balances out the sweet nutty flavor.
- Molasses: To make molasses, the cane of a sugar plant is harvested and stripped of its leaves. Its juice is extracted usually by crushing or mashing and then boiled to a concentrate to promote crystallization.
- Sunflower Seeds: Those beautiful, sunny yellow flowers lining the fields on many cross-country road trips are the source of our scrumptious sunflower seeds. As the #1 ingredient in Somersaults, these kernels are an excellent source of protein!
- Whole Wheat Flour: From sea to shining sea, we capture the whole grains of sun-kissed wheat to provide a more nutritious alternative to refined white flour.
- Sesame Seeds: From sea to shining sea, we capture the whole grains of sun-kissed wheat to provide a more nutritious alternative to refined white flour.
- Sunflower Oil: High oleic sunflower oil is one of the most natural and healthy oils that can be used in the baking process. It has the highest monounsaturated oleic acid content (80%) of any commercially available cooking/salad oil, including olive oil!
- Evaporated Cane Juice: This all-natural sweetener derived from the sugar cane plant provides a healthy alternative to refined sugar. Because cane juice does not undergo the same degree of processing as refined sugar, it retains more of the nutrients found naturally in sugar cane.
- Chicory Root: Just like the fiber found in leeks, artichokes, and asparagus; chicory root provides an excellent source of fiber. Although we don't normally eat this hearty root, it is an excellent source of inulin, which provides a source of fiber to add to foods.
- Vital Wheat Gluten: This ingredient is a protein derived from wheat and used frequently in baking. It helps our bakers insure that our product is the perfect blend of nutty, chewy and crunchy for your delight!
What are Somersaults?
Somersaults are a scrumptious, healthy snack baked with sunflower seeds and toasted grains.
What flavors are Somersaults currently offered in?
Their all-natural snacks come in four flavors including:
- Meet Cinnamon Crunch - Their Newest Seed Snack! A delightfully sweet, yet healthy treat with warm cinnamon baked into their sunflower seed and toasted grain nuggets.
- Pacific Sea Salt: The original blend of toasted grains, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and sea salt.
- Dutch Cocoa: Blissfully combined toasted grains, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and rich cocoa flakes.
- Salty Pepper: Baked with toasted grains, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Santa Fe Salsa: Toasted grains, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds mixed with their favorite spices of the Southwest, including jalapeno, chili pepper and chives.
Do Somersaults contain nuts?
No, Somersaults do not contain any nuts. Sunflower and sesame seeds are not nuts. Additionally, Somersaults are baked in a nut-free facility. With the rise in nut allergies, especially in children, they understand the importance to offer nut-free alternative snacks that are nutritionally dense and absolutely delicious!
Do Somersaults contain seeds?
Yes, their #1 ingredient, sunflower seeds, offer excellent benefits including a good source of vitamin E, antioxidants and potassium. Somersaults also contain toasted sesame seeds, which are a great source of calcium, magnesium and iron.
What are the health benefits of sunflower seeds?
These nutritional superheroes supply a number of nutritional benefits including:
- As much protein but less fat and calories than many popular nuts including almonds, walnuts, pecans, and macadamias
- Six times more vitamin E than peanuts
- Seven times more folate than almonds, cashews and pecans
- More fiber than an apple, and a comparable amount to a serving of bran flake cereal
How do Somersaults compare to other common snacks?
Somersaults offer more nutrients with fewer calories and fat and often less sugar and carbs than other common snacks. Head to head, they're a unique snack alternative, offering:
- As much protein but half the fat of a serving of almonds with fewer calories
- A good source of fiber and vitamin E
- 1/3 the carbs of an energy bar
- 95% less sugar than an energy bar
How much protein is in a serving of Somersaults?
Each of their Somersaults flavors contain 6g of protein per serving. The Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) (daily reference value (DRV) for a healthy diet is 50g of protein per day.*
Are Somersaults a good source of fiber?
Yes, Somersaults contain 3g of fiber per serving, a good source of fiber as recommended by the Food & Drug Administration.
Are Somersaults a good snack for my kids?
Somersaults are a great snack for you and your kids! Somersaults provide a well-balanced snack any time of day. Because their scrumptious nuggets do not contain nuts, they are also great for school lunch boxes and after-school sports!
Can I eat Somersaults as a meal?
Somersaults are great for active adults on-the-go who need a boost between main meals. Enjoy Somersaults with low fat yogurt or cottage cheese and a piece of fruit or as a side to your sandwich or salad to make a complete, well-balanced meal.
Where does the fat come from in Somersaults?
Somersaults contain high levels of 'good' fats (polyunsaturated and monounsaturated) and very low levels of 'bad' fats (saturated). The fat comes from two ingredients: sunflower seeds (polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats) and expeller pressed high oleic sunflower oil (monounsaturated fat). Additionally, the sunflower seeds in Somersaults are naturally free of harmful trans fats.
What are polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats?
Unsaturated fats include polyunsaturated fatty acids and monounsaturated fats. Both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart disease when eaten in moderation and used to replace saturated or trans fats.
How much sodium do Somersaults contain?
Somersault's Pacific Sea Salt contains 260mg, Cinnamon Crunch contains 100mg, Salty Pepper contains 240mg, Dutch Cocoa contains 140mg, and Santa Fe Salsa contains 270mg of sodium per serving. The Food and Drug Administration's DRV (daily reference value) for a health diet is 2400mg of sodium per day.
Do Somersaults contain gluten?
Yes, all Somersaults products have vital wheat gluten as an ingredient. If you or your child has a wheat gluten allergy, you should not eat Somersaults.
Do Somersaults contain dairy?
Somersault's Cinnamon Crunch, Dutch Cocoa and Santa Fe Salsa contain dairy. Pacific Sea Salt and Salty Pepper do not contain dairy.
Which of your products are vegan?
All of their products are vegetarian. However, just two of their flavors, Pacific Sea Salt and Salty Pepper, are vegan. The vanilla used in Cinnamon Crunch contains whey; their Dutch Cocoa and Santa Fe Salsa flavors contain dairy and are not vegan.
Are Somersaults Kosher?
Yes, all Somersaults products are certified Kosher Circle U Dairy.
Do Somersaults contain bioengineered (GMO) ingredients?
No, Somersaults do not contain GMO ingredients.
What is expeller pressed high oleic sunflower oil?
Expeller pressed refers to the process by which oil is extracted from its source, in this case a sunflower seed. The seed is physically (or mechanically) crushed, then the oil is separated out. Expeller pressed oils are much healthier than solvent extracted oils since no harmful chemicals are used. High oleic sunflower oil is a high monounsaturated oil with low levels of both saturated and polyunsaturated fats. High oleic sunflower oil is naturally stable and has a high resistance to turning rancid. It has the highest monounsaturated oleic acid content (80%) of any commercially available cooking/salad oil, including olive oil!
What is chicory root fiber?
Just like the fiber found in leeks, artichokes, and asparagus, chicory root provides an excellent source of fiber. Although they don't normally eat this hearty root, it is an excellent source of inulin, which provides a source of fiber to add to foods.
Why did Somersault Snack Co. decide to come out with a Cinnamon Crunch flavor?
Over the years their customers have asked us for another sweet offering to accompany their existing Dutch Cocoa flavor. They think their customers are going to love this new sweet addition to the product line!
What are the health benefits of cinnamon?
Cinnamon is a great source of magnesium, iron, and calcium. It has been proven to improve cholesterol levels and can play a role in the regulation of blood sugar levels.
How much protein is in Cinnamon Crunch Somersaults?
In one serving (14 pieces), Cinnamon Crunch Somersaults contain 6 grams of protein, as with all of their flavors.
How much sugar is in Cinnamon Crunch?
In one serving (14 pieces), Cinnamon Crunch Somersaults contain 7 grams of sugar, the same amount of sugar found in plain, non-fat Greek yogurt or ½ the sugar found in an apple (apple = 13g sugar).
What type of sweetener do you use?
They use organic evaporated cane juice which is a natural source of sweetness that can be used sparingly as part of a healthy diet. It is one of the least processed sweeteners available. For their Cinnamon Crunch, they also use a touch of molasses to give the product the perfect flavor profile.
Does Cinnamon Crunch contain nuts?
Like the rest of their product line, Cinnamon Crunch Somersaults do not contain nuts.
Somersaults are the result of their quest to create healthy, tasty snacks for people who want more than just empty nutrition. What followed was a philosophy and lifestyle that adds joy and delicious goodness to your everyday life. They invite you to share in the unexpected pleasures that Somersaults offer, with crunch, zing and a little zest for adventure!
With their busy, on-the-go lives they were desperate for a healthy snack that they could grab anytime - something that would nourish and tickle their taste buds. Disenchanted by unsatisfying snacks, they set out to create their own to share with other active people, just like us. What they discovered on their quest was a surprise - the sunflower seed! They learned that seeds are the new nut, offering the perfect blend of protein, fiber and balanced nutrition with an excellent taste.
They loved the nut free nutrition of seeds so much, they nominated the sunflower seed as their own personal nutritional super hero, choosing it to be the #1 ingredient in every Somersault snack they bake. Each of their Somersaults flavors are made with simple, all-natural ingredients of the highest quality so you can feel good sharing Somersaults with your whole family. So next time you enjoy a Somersault, think of those beautiful fields of sunflowers that stretch for miles across America and the incredible nutrition that these little seeds feed your body.
Playing outside gives nutrition to the soul, just as delicious, healthy food gives nutrition to our bodies. At Somersaults, playtime and snack time go hand-in-hand keeping our family and yours healthy and happy.
Every day we work to deliver snacks that will delight and nourish snackers everywhere while promoting healthy eating and daily activity as a way of life. We believe the best foods are made with only a few pure ingredients. Our commitment to you is to use absolutely nothing artificial in our snacks, staying far away from trans fats, hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup, so you can feel as good sharing Somersaults with your family as we feel about sharing them with you. And, we believe that a moment in the sunshine (or the rain! or snow!), on a trail, on a bike, or striking a yoga pose, combined with delicious, wholesome food makes the difference in our health and lifestyles, making us better, more productive people and, in turn, better to the world around us. We encourage you to take a moment of FUN in every day and take our Somersaults with you along the way!