ThinBerry Opti-Curb Brown Rice Protein Formula with Svetol® by Rainbow Light
Rainbow Light - ThinBerry Opti-Curb Cinnamon Twist - 11.2 oz. (316.8 grams)
Rainbow Light ThinBerry Opti-Curb Cinnamon Twist is a high-protein, low-fat and low-carb shake. Rainbow Light ThinBerry Opti-Curb Cinnamon Twist supports safe and sustainable weight loss. Rainbow Light ThinBerry Opti-Curb Cinnamon Twist is gluten-free. Rainbow Light ThinBerry Opti-Curb Cinnamon Twist mixes with your favorite beverage for a healthful and delicious, immediate protein boost to help curb cravings and energize your day.
Rainbow Light ThinBerry Opti-Curb Cinnamon Twist Highlights:
- 15 grams Rice Protein – an easy-to-digest, high-quality source of protein providing a complete amino acid profile.
- Appetite Control Complex – fenugreek, green tea, decaffeinated green coffee bean, chromium and cinnamon help maintain healthy blood sugar levels to contribute to appetite control, plus 6 grams of heart-healthy fiber per serving to slow glycemic response for a long-lasting feeling of being full.
- Metabolism & Energy Boosting Complex –green tea, decaffeinated green coffee bean and kelp deliver metabolism boosting properties, along with biotin and L-carnitine for stimulation of fat burning and the adaptogenic herb American Ginseng for natural energy production.
- Comprehensive Digestive Support – plant-source enzymes, combined with ginger and citrus peel, for support of digestion and to alleviate bloating or constipation.
- No Side Effects – such as jitters, anxiety, or difficulty sleeping; non-habit forming – less caffeine than 1 cup of black tea.
Rainbow Light ThinBerry Opti-Curb Cinnamon Twist FAQ's
What is the difference between food-grown and food-based supplements?
Food-Grown refers to a specific process of creating a food-like substance starting with a live culture of nutritional yeast, called Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is combined with a USP vitamin or mineral in a stainless steel tank, along with a nutrient specific broth, such as alfalfa extract for vitamin K, citrus extract for vitamin C, and carrot extract for beta-carotene. The yeast feeds on these nutrients and transforms them in to a food-like matrix. At the end of the procedure, the yeast is sprayed with proteolytic enzymes to stop its growth process.
Rainbow Light was one of the first companies to provide a food-grown product over 20 years ago, and the term “food-grown” is their trade-marked name. While Rainbow Light still offers food-grown choices to their customers, they have decided to focus on manufacturing food-based products (which are a combination of USP vitamins and minerals with superfoods and herbs) for the following reasons:
- The potencies of food-based supplements are significantly higher than food-grown because the final food-grown material is very bulky and creates large and expensive tablets. In order to have therapeutic quantities of nutrients in food-grown products, more USP nutrients would have to be added to the final mixture, creating a tablet that would be too large to swallow.
- Food-based formulas not only have much higher potencies of nutrients, they also are much less expensive than food-grown products.
- Food-based supplements are more shelf stable throughout manufacturing and distribution.
- Although Saccaromyces cerevisiae is a beneficial yeast and is safe for most people to consume, there are some very sensitive customers that would do better with a yeast-free product. Rainbow Light’s food-based vitamins are yeast-free.
Does Rainbow Light comply with GMPs?
At Rainbow Light they take great pride in providing high quality, safe products to their customers. All of their tablets, capsules, softgels, gummies and powders are manufactured according to Good Manufacturing Practices(GMPs) set forth by the FDA for food manufacturing, which is what the current law dictates. After at least 10 years of debate the FDA finally published GMPs, specific to dietary supplements, in August of 2007. During this interim discussion period Rainbow Light’s manufacturing facility was certified by the Natural Product Association’s GMP certification program, which closely mirrors the final regulation. This put us in a very good position to fully meet all legal obligations for the new GMPs. The date to be in compliance with the new regulations depends on the size of the employee base of the company, it is June 2009 for a company of Rainbow Light’s size. Their team is prepared to be 100% compliant well in advance of this date. GMPs are related to the manufacturing, packaging, labeling or holding of dietary supplements. Manufacturers are required to evaluate their products’ identity, purity, strength and composition. Other requirements deal with such matters as quality control, the design and construction of manufacturing plants, record keeping and consumer complaints.
Do Rainbow Light products contain Genetically Modified Ingredients (GMO’s)?
Rainbow Light strives to provide the highest-quality ingredients in all formulations which allows us to uphold their commitment to environmental and human health concerns. They formulate all of their supplements to contain raw materials which are non-GMO, whenever possible. Quantitative DNA tests are performed, for all feasible raw materials, to assure the final product is DNA negative (99.9% free of) for GMO’s. Rainbow Light is very conscious of this issue and they strive only to select ingredients which do not have a potential for containing adulterated constituents.
There are a few ingredients-such as vitamin C (originally derived from corn dextrose), and vitamin E (originally derived from soybean oil) which are still not guaranteed by some vendors as “non-GMO”, because they may or may not be derived from non-GMO starting material. However, these products can be highly purified through refining/processing to contain no GMO residues, and they are then considered “non-GMO”.
Labeling product as “GMO-free” is not based on science, because guaranteeing 0% GMO content is presently not scientifically feasible. Current methodology uses PCR (polymerase chain reaction) testing which determines GMO content to 0.1%, considered negative or non-GMO. They have, therefore, chosen to label their products as “non-GMO”. They have also received Certificates of Authenticity from the farmers who provide several of these ingredients, stating that they were grown without GMO’s and are IP (identity preserved).
Allergens: What Rainbow Light products are soy free? gluten-free? wheat free? dairy free?
Rainbow Light’s standard label guarantee was changed in 2006 to comply with a new allergen labeling law called FALCPA (Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act) that went into effect 1/1/06. If a product contains any ingredients which are derived from milk, egg, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts, and soybeans, it must be clearly labeled. Their standard format guarantee references common allergens excluded from the product. An example is listed below. The actual list of allergens noted is customized by product.
"Free of artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives and other objectionable additives often found in vitamin products. Contains no sugar, lactose, soy, wheat, gluten or yeast."
The law does not mandate advisory statements such as if it is manufactured in a facility using one of the allergens. None of Rainbow Light’s products contain milk, egg, tree nuts, or peanuts, and those containing fish, crustacean shellfish, wheat and/or soybeans are clearly labeled. Gluten labeling is not mandated by FALCPA, but Rainbow Light includes a gluten-free reference in their guarantee unless trace amounts of gluten are present. Yeast is also not mandated as an allergen, but Rainbow Light’s guarantee does include yeast as customers frequently inquire about it. The coating now being used on most of their tablets contains a trace amount of lecithin derived from soy, they are exploring options for an alternative soy-free coating that would still allow us to manufacture the same high-quality tablets.
About Rainbow Light
At Rainbow Light, their mission is to make a difference in the health of people, pets and planet. For nearly 30 years, their bio-balanced products have been delivering short and long-term health performance results customized for discerning consumers.
Biobalanced formulas are:
- Therapeutic, proven potencies with metabolic co-nutrients, based on the latest science as well as traditional use
- Digestion-enhanced with enzymes, botanicals and probiotics
- In a base of targeted superfood concentrates such as Spirulina, a vegetarian nutritional powerhouse
Carefully formulated for specific health requirements:
- Meet nutritional requirements and needs, including pregnancy, menopause, anti-aging, stress and energy, active teens, men’s performance, etc.
- Products screened for sensitivities and preferences, clearly marked Certified Organic, Allergen SafeGuard, VeganGuard and SafeGuard
At Rainbow Light, they are committed to maintaining a healthy environment, reducing carbon emissions and keeping plastic bottles from ending up in our oceans, natural habitats and landfills.
Rainbow Light is the first – and only – supplement brand to use Eco•Guard bottles made from 100% recycled, 100% recyclable material. These bottles are FDA-approved and BPA-free. By reusing post-consumer plastic, we reduce the need for virgin plastic that requires fossil fuel to produce. In addition the sleeve is made from 100% renewable plant resources with no adhesives that disrupt the recycling process. In 2010, Rainbow Light was awarded the Green Packaging award from Whole Foods Markets in recognition of their sustainability initiatives.
- 100% recycled PCR
- 100% recyclable
- FDA approved
- Reduces carbon footprint by 92%
At Rainbow Light, they are committed to reducing their carbon footprint and keeping plastic bottles from ending up in our oceans, natural habitats and landfills. The new Eco-Guard bottles help to achieve these goals by reusing post-consumer plastic and encouraging customers to recycle their bottles. These efforts will keep over 8 million plastic bottles out of landfills each year.
Measure one scoop into a glass and add 8 oz. of your favorite dairy or non-dairy milk beverage. Shake pouch well before each use. For a delicious smoothie, add yogurt, fresh or frozen fruit and ice.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
Caution: Consult a health care professional prior to use if you are pregnant, lactating, taking medication of have a medical condition.
Warning: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
About Rainbow Light
Located in Santa Cruz, California since 1981, Rainbow Light’s track record of innovation and leadership includes: • Creator of the first-ever food-based line of supplements for superior digestibility and increased energy support • Creator of the first-ever food-based one-per-day multivitamins • Offers the #1-selling natural multivitamin product, and the #1-selling women’s, prenatal and men’s multivitamin formulas • Is the #1-selling brand of women’s natural nutritional supplements
125 McPherson Street