Nutrition Now - Yeast Defense - 60 Capsules
Yeast Defense your best natural defense an herbal formula.
Yeast defense! We all have a delicate balance of good and bad bacteria in our system. Stress, alcohol, antibiotics, sugar and processed foods can influence this balance, resulting in sugar cravings, occasional fatigue, noncystic acne, bad breath and yeast overgrowth. Yeast Defense® offers an advanced formula of caprylic acid, pau d’arco and grapefruit seed extract to support your body in it’s efforts to stay balanced.
Yeast overgrowth is a common and recurrent feminine complaint. In fact, three out of four women will develop a yeast infection at some point in their lives. Most yeast infections are caused by an overgrowth of Candida albicans.
Little is known about how most infections are started however, it is apparent that an increase in estrogen can cause yeast to flourish. This is why women are more prone to yeast infections before or during menstruation and during pregnancy (when estrogen levels are higher). Women who are on estrogen-replacement therapy or taking high-estrogen birth control pills may also experience yeast overgrowth.
Antibiotics can also contribute to yeast infections because they kill off the good bacteria that normally keeps yeast overgrowth at bay. Other factors such as alcohol, sugar and processed foods can upset the delicate balance of a womans' system, and may result in yeast overgrowth.
- Take 500 mg of Vitamin C daily to increase the acidity of the vagina, and provide an unfriendly environment for yeast.
- Decrease sweets. Yeast feeds the glucose that sweet foods may add to your bloodstream.
- Take probiotic acidophilus supplements. Probiotic Acidophilus adds good bacteria to your system to combat the bad bacteria.
- Natural herbs and yogurt may help fight various types of bacteria, yeast and fungi.
- Chlorophyll concentrate is a known deodorant to help with the gas and bloating that may accompany yeast overgrowth.