Probiotic Acidophilus Dietary Supplement
Louis Pasteur discovered pasteurization, the method of heating milk to kill harmful bacteria. Years later at the pasteurization institute, Elie Metchnikoff researched and discovered the health-promoting capabilities of lactobacillus bacteria when he observed that people who ate yogurt tended to live longer.
Probiotic supplements can reintroduce beneficial bacteria into the system. Important benefits of probiotic supplementation can include:
- Keeping constipation and diarrhea under control.*
- Counteracting lactose intolerance by its association with lactase.*
- Reduction of bad breath.*
- Reduction of internal gas.*
- Cholesterol control by promoting normal absorption of dietary fats.*
- Suppression of candida yeast.*
- Suppression of a number of intestinal disorders.*
- Prevention of intestinal contamination from infectious organisms common in some foreign countries.*
More than 400 different kinds of bacteria live in our gastrointestinal tract. The body depends on beneficial bacteria to manufacture B vitamins as well as to produce lactase and other antibacterial substances.