Luna Sport Recovery Smoothie
Luna Sport Recovery Smoothie by Clif Bar
is the first natural women's protein recovery drink. Luna Sport Recovery Smoothie Dark Chocolate only has 120 calories per serving and 8 grams of whey protein, it's a delicious treat following any workout. Plus it has vitamins and minerals women need for energy production and muscle repair. Also try mixing it with milk or soy milk for an added boost of calcium and protein! Q: When and why should I use LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie? A:
LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie is meant to be used immediately AFTER activity. Upon finishing a workout, your body has a window of approximately 30 minutes for maximum absorption of carbohydrate. (During intense activity you are depleting yourself of carbohydrate). Take advantage of this window by drinking LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie, which has 21g of carbohydrate per 8oz serving. Along with carbs, LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie contains 8 grams of whey protein which helps rebuild muscle and increases the amount of carbohydrate your body will up-take versus taking carbohydrate alone.
You can also drink LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie anytime you want more protein in your diet — whether it's because you don't eat meat or just can't seem to get enough protein in your regular daily diet.
LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie also provides electrolytes, anti-oxidants, and supplemental amino acids. Electrolytes replace what you just sweated out, anti-oxidants fight the oxidative stress of activity, and specific amino acids boost your immune system and help with glycogen re-synthesis. Q: How is LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie different from other recovery drinks on the market? A:
- LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie is the first natural Protein Recovery drink for women athletes.
- LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie tastes great and can be treated as a reward to yourself for a job well done.
- LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie is the only women's recovery protein drink featuring organic ingredients. LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie contains 55% Organic Ingredients and is sourced from 100% non-GMO sources. None of our competitors use any organic ingredient in their products.
- LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie uses a high level of recyclable materials in its packaging.
What is the primary difference between LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie and Clif SHOT Recovery? A:
There are a few differences:
Q: Can I mix LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie with milk or soy milk? A:
- Calories - LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie contains 120 calories per 8 ounce serving vs. Clif SHOT Recovery which contains 160 calories per 8 ounce serving.
- Protein - LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie contains 8 grams of whey protein vs. Clif SHOT Recovery which contains 5 grams of whey protein.
- Vitamins & Minerals - LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie includes vitamins and minerals women athletes tend to be deficient in.
- Taste - As athletes, we know that after a workout it's important that we feed our body what it needs in order to repair muscle, fight the oxidative stress of activity, and boost our immune system -all with the goal of feeling good and ready for the next workout. But we also know that what we eat has to taste good - after all, we're taking back in those precious calories we just worked so hard to burn! LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie tastes delicious and with only 120 calories, doesn't un-do the effort you just made.
LUNA Sport Recovery Smoothie was designed to be a delicious drink when:" ":s for you.
Enjoy immediately following activity or anytime you want more protein. Mix contents of packets with 8 oz. of cold water, or for an added booest of protein and calcium, mix with milk or soy milk. Shake well and refrigerate any remaining portion.
INGREDIENTS: Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Whey Protein Isolate, Organic Brown Rice Syrup Solids, Organic Alkalized Cocoa Powder, Natural Flavors, L-Glutamine, Xanthan/Guar Gum, Arginine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Valine, Sea Salt,.
VITAMINS & MINERALS: Magnesium Gluconate, Calcium Lactate, Potassium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), Vitamin E Acetate, Zinc Citrate, Ferrous Fumarate (Iron), Niacinamide (Vit. B3), D-Calcium Pantothenate (Vit. B5), Folic Acid, Beta Carotene (Vit. A), Pyridoxine HCl (Vit. B6), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vit. B1), Riboflavin (Vit. B2), Cyanocobalamin (Vit. B12), Choline Chloride.
About Clif Bar
At Clif Bar Inc., they're committed to people's health and the environment. They want to make sure the way they do business helps sustain the natural resources and communities that we all depend on. That's why they're working to reduce their ecological footprint in everything they do, from the field to the final product. Their efforts include: using organic ingredients, adopting green business practices, joining the fight against global warming and supporting their partners in sustainability.
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.