Pure Essence Labs Antioxidant Cellular Support System
Free radicals, their effects on cells, and the antioxidants that neutralize the damage they can do are very poorly understood. However, a simple analogy removes much of the mystery. Imagine that you are moving your belongings from one home to another. Your fine wooden furniture is your cells. The sides of the truck are free radicals, and the scrapes and gauges those sides leave in your furniture as its shifts during transit is the damage free radicals can do. In this analogy, furniture pads are the antioxidants. They cushion the blow of the free radical so that serious damage is prevented. In real life, free radicals are unmatched electrons that spin out of the orbit of their molecules. When they do this, they are out of control, and go zipping about wherever they please. On their journey, they collide with your cells at enormous speeds, thus damaging your cell's walls and leaving cellular function impaired. Antioxidants are molecules that have extra electrons that attract the free radicals, so that the free radicals join the orbit of another molecule. This converts the free radical into a functional electron that can do no harm.It is well established that modest levels of many antioxidants are superior to mega-doses of just a few. Pure Essence Labs Antioxidant Cellular Support System provides the most complete array of antioxidant factors you'll find anywhere. Features & Benefits:
The Whole Food Revolution
- N-Acetyl-Cysteine - Supports the detoxification pathways of the liver & kidneys.
- Quercetin - Demonstrates significant anti-inflammatory properties. Supports healthy liver and kidney function.
- Trimethylglycine - Aids in the production of several brain chemicals which improve mood, energy, well-being, alertness, concentration, and visual clarity. Provides anti-oxidant protection to liver cells.
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid - R-Alpha Lipoic acid is, on average, twice as potent as synthetic Alpha Lipoic Acid. Helps recharge other antioxidants including CoQ10, Vitamins C & E, and glutathione. Helps support healthy blood sugar levels in the normal range.Both fat and water soluble, enabling R-Alpha Lipoic Acid to deliver it's anti-oxidant properties virtually anywhere in the body.
- High ORAC Fruit Complex - Provides a wide array of anti-oxidant protection for the joints, brain, skin, eyes, immune & cardiovascular systems.
- Detoxification & Inflammation Support - A unique blend designed to provide anti-oxidant support to the liver as well as provide anti-inflammatory support for the body.
- Antioxidant-Rich Superior Tonics - May inhibit the production and release of histamine; a substance that contributes to allergic reactions.
- Green Super Food Blend - These antioxidant herbs strengthen, invigorate or restore at least one of our body's major organ systems and help build the body's vital energies.
- Gamma Oryzanol - An anti-oxidant that supports healthy cholesterol levels in the normal range.
- Rosemary Leaf - Anti-oxidant protection for the cells of the liver.
- Lutein & Zeaxanthin - Protects the macular region of the eye from oxidative stress.
- Lycopene - Supports the prostate, cardiovascular system, healthy vision, and provides anti-oxidant protection for the skin.
- Astaxanthin - Able to cross the blood-brain barrier and provide anti-oxidant support to the brain and other areas of the body.
- L-Carnosine - An Amino Acid known for providing anti-oxidant protection for t:" ": eye.
- Grape Seed Extract - Contains powerful polyphenols called proanthocyanidins for the support of our skin and heart and helps maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Pure Essence Laboratories, Inc., is the result of over 50 years experience in designing the world's finest dietary supplements. In 1980, Jery Cochern and Pat Bailey established a small company to distribute the SuperFood known as Spirulina. A few years later, they started a larger firm to offer not only pure Spirulina, but complex formulations that were based in Spirulina, Barley Grass and other SuperFoods. These products were the industry's first Food-Based supplements. Food-Based has stood the test of time because whole food nutrition makes a difference you can actually feel. Whole food nutrition outperforms isolated nutrients for two reasons. First, whole foods contain nutrients in the exact forms and balance as they exist in nature. This gives cells the raw materials and catalysts they need to function. Second, whole foods are the only way to obtain the phyto-nutrients that protect cells from the damage caused by free radical oxidation, glycation, etc.The Cellular Concept of Health
Everything our bodies do, they do by converting or producing chemicals in cells. The proteins that form muscles, tendons and ligaments are built in cells. The hormones that regulate stress response, sexual activity, the central nervous system, water retention and so on are built in cells. The conversion of glucose into energy happens in cells. The factors our immune systems make to fight infection or disease are made in cells. Oxygen reaches the blood from the lungs by traveling in cells. Foods are digested because enzymes and acids are produced, you guessed it, in cells. In short, without living, functioning cells, we could neither walk nor talk, speak nor think, nor so much as bat an eye. What does all this mean? That health is simply the reflection of how efficiently our cells do their work. And this is determined, in large part, by the nutrients they draw from our foods.Phyto-Chemicals
For many years, supplements consisted of vitamins and minerals -- and nothing else. The reason was simple. Research had not yet unlocked the wondrous world of phyto-nutrients. Phyto-nutrients (also known as phyto-chemicals) are factors that are found only in plants. Plants make them to protect their own cells against molds, yeasts, fungi, germs, viruses, bacteria, and the oxidation caused by free radicals. When we consume them, they protect our cells in the same ways. So far as medical science knows, there is nothing else on earth that can protect cells from damage, maintain efficient cellular function, and protect health. Dieticians, nutritionists and doctors agree that we should eat more fruits and vegetables because these foods are the most common sources of phyto-nutrients. Science now agrees that children should get at least five cup sized servings each day, adult women should get nine, and adult men should get up to 13. Yet, less than one in 10 Americans get even half of what they need. This creates a phyto-nutrient deficiency that undermines health by limiting every type of cellular function. Why don't we eat seven to 13 cups of fruits and vegetables each day? Because, it's hard to eat 13 cups of anything, and because fruits and vegetables are not most people's favorite foods. In the last decade, phyto-nutrients have begun to show up in supplements. But, most supplements provide them only in limited varieties and amounts. Well designed supplements can deliver the amounts and varieties of phyto-nutrients we need to make a major difference in our health. But, to do so, they must include not only a wide variety of fruit and vegetable concentrates, b:" ":SuperFoods
Because of the success of products made by Jery Cochern and Pat Bailey, many companies started using small amounts of true SuperFoods in their supplements. Others began to use common table foods, like spinach and broccoli, and call them SuperFoods. While there are many wondrous foods that do taste good enough to eat, the term "SuperFoods" is reserved by nutritionists for foods that contain huge levels of completely digestible proteins, and that also provide valuable phyto-nutrient complexes. These foods include Spirulina (over 60% protein) and the juices of young Oat, Wheat and Barley sprouts (about 45% protein). These foods are all rich in chlorophyll. In addition, Spirulina provides phycocyanin (an antioxidant that is being studied for countless protective health benefits) and is the only known source of premade glycogen (the molecule the human body uses to store excess energy). The juice of grasses contain vast numbers of enzymes, including SOD, which is considered to be a master antioxidant (protects cells from free radical oxidation). Because these foods provide such large amounts of protein, plus a complete array of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, they give cells almost everything they need to produce energy. Because they also contain antioxidant phyto-nutrients, they also keep cells in top working order. Superior Herbs
There are three major categories of herbs. The first is culinary, for use in cooking. The second is medicinal. These herbs are called "inferior" by Traditional Chinese Medicine, because their purpose is to be used temporarily while we recover from "inferior" states. The third is tonifying by Traditional Chinese Medicine because they build health, which is the "superior" state. Superior Herbs are the world's oldest and most profound dietary supplements. They have been used in holistic medical systems for nearly 4000 years. They are best defined as plants whose phyto-nutrients strengthen, invigorate or restore normal function to at least one major organ or gland. They are so important because they contain very unique phyto-nutrients that are found in no other plants on earth. Because these phyto-nutrients work on specific types of cells, you can use single (or small groups of) Superior Herbs to benefit a single organ or body function, or in larger groupings to support your cells as a whole. Superior Herbs are the superstars of the botanical kingdom. They are, in truth, the greatest of all the SuperFoods. They should play a significant role in everyone's daily supplement regimen.Pure Essence Labs' Approach
Pure Essence exists for only one reason. That is to use Nature as the model by which to build and maintain good health. Using Nature means understanding Nature. And, understanding Nature includes respecting time honored holistic medical systems. There is no doubt modern science has wrought many wonders. It is important to take advantage of these advances. But, it is also important to keep them in perspective, and to use them with the wisdom of the age old traditions that are as true today as they have ever been. At Pure Essence, they do just that. Pure Essence Labs joins the best of the old with the best of the new, making it all available to you as the most holistic, and most effective dietary supplements and nutraceuticals ever offered. Pure Essence Labs hopes you'll accept their invitation to become part of the Pure Essence family. And Pure Essence Labs promises that, if you do, you'll be glad you did.