Seventh Generation Natural Fabric Softener Free & Clear 32 fl. oz. (1 qt/946 ml)
Seventh Generation Natural Fabric Softener Free & Clear is a concentrated formula that uses plant-based ingredients and essential oils for softness that will really make you feel good, unlike other conventional fabric softeners that coat clothes in agents made from tallow (rendered fat obtained from animals used for food). Seventh Generation uses a plant-derived softening agent so you can enjoy naturally soft clothes without wondering how they got that way.
- Softens and reduces static without the use of animal-derived ingredients
- Uses plant-based technology
- Free of dyes & synthetic fragrances
- Non-toxic, biodegradable formula
How much Fabric Softener should I use with each wash?
Measure 2/3 cap (or 1 oz) for standard and HE machines. Add into water, not directly on laundry, during final rinse cycle. Use appropriate dispenser if available.
Does Seventh Generation Fabric Softener contain animal ingredients like Tallow?
No, Seventh Generation does not use animal ingredients in their fabric softener - or any of their products, for that matter! Many fabric softeners use animal tallow as the primary softening agent in their formulas. Instead, Seventh Generation uses an ingredient derived from plants to reduce static and ensure your clothes feel soft.
Can Seventh Generation Fabric Softener be used safely on wool or silk?
Yes, this Fabric Softener is safe on wool and silk.
Is it safe to use Seventh Generation Fabric Softener for my baby's laundry?
The ingredients in the Fabric Softener are not toxic and are safe for use on baby's clothes. Seventh Generation makes a Free and Clear Fabric Softener that does not have essential oils added for scent. Some information to remember: whole essential oils may be irritating to a baby's sensitive skin, and all fabric softeners leave a residue on clothing that may reduce the effectiveness of flame retardants used on clothing.
Seventh Generation is committed to becoming the world's most trusted brand of authentic, safe and environmentally-responsible products for a healthy home. For 20 years, the closely held Burlington, Vermont-based company has been at the forefront of a cultural change in consumer behavior and business ethics. One of the country's first self-declared "socially responsible" companies, Seventh Generation is a business that operates according to a new and different set of principles and values that in many ways are a marked departure from those long considered "traditional." Its business practice is focused on offering people avenues to express their idealism, passion, and commitment to causes larger than themselves and every point along its supply chain, from suppliers and partners to shareholders, customers, and their own staff.
The company derives its name from the Great Law of the Iroquois that states "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the mext seven generations." Everytime you use a Seventh Generation product, you are making a difference by saving natural resources, reducing pollution, keeping toxic chemicals out of the environment and making the world a safer place for this and the next seven generations.
Seventh Generation Global Imperatives
- Restore the Environment: Restore is the next reduce, reuse, recycle. Seventh Generation is working to ensure that their products have a circular lifecycle, meaning natural resources are being used and renewed at a rate that is always below their rate of depletion.
- Inspire Conscious Consumption: Seventh Generation's focus is to inspire thoughtful consideration of each purchase—from the immediate impact of the products you buy (Is it safe? Is it gentle on the earth? Does it work?), to the broader impact throughout their lifecycle.
- Create a Just and Equitable World: Seventh Generation is committed to making sure that everyone their company interacts with—from the farmers who grow their lavender to the customers who use these products—are treated fairly and with respect.
Seventh Generation Operating Principles
- Systems Thinking: As suggested by The Great Law of the Iroquois, Seventh Generation strives to act with the knowledge that their business belongs to a larger system in which everything is interconnected, and that everything they do affects everything else.
- Radical Transparency: Seventh Generation believe that the best way to ensure that they live up to their aspirations is to be completely transparent about their business and product practices. You should expect to see all of their values and principles in everything they make, say, and do. It’s really that simple.
- Influence Beyond Their Size: Seventh Generation is determined to inspire others through innovation, education, and interaction. They proudly donate 10% of their profits to support organizations that work for positive change.