Seventh Generation Natural 4X Concentrated Liquid Laundry Detergent Geranium Blossoms & Vanilla 50 oz. (1.56 qt/1.47 L)
Seventh Generation Natural 4X Concentrated Liquid Laundry Detergent Geranium Blossoms & Vanilla is an advanced, plant-based, multiple enzyme formula that fights the toughest stains! The entire packaging system - a lightweight, compostable, recycled fiber shell and innovative inner pouch - uses 66% less plastic than a typical 100 oz. 2X laundry bottle, and delivers the same number of loads! Meet the bottle that's taking laundry day by storm!
- No optical brighteners
- Biodegradable formula
- No dyes or synthetic fragrances
- Designed for standard and HE machines
Can I use the 4X Laundry liquid in my HE washing machine?
Yes, Seventh Generation's 4X laundry detergent is formulated to work in both standard and HE machines.
What do I do with the bottle once it's empty?
Please reference the package for instructions on recycling and discarding packaging. Detailed instructions are as follows:
- Open the fiber shell by pressing in on the side seam with your thumbs, until the shell pops open
- Remove the liner and cap system from inside of the diber bottle, and set aside.
- You can either recycle or compost the fiber shell. Start by removing the label.
- To recycle, flatten and include with your paper and cardboard for recycling in your curbside service, or at your local recycling facility.
- To compost, either follow the directions for composting from your local composting facility (if available in your area) and throw directly into your home compost system. To help break it down faster, you may want to tear the bottle into smaller pieces.
- To recycle the liner and cap system, you need to remove the cap and rinse the liner out well. The liner is #4 LDPE plastic, and can be recycled at local retailers who offer plastic bag recycling bins. Recycling for #4 plastics may still be limited in your area.
- The cap is #5 PP plastic, and recycling for this type of plastic is not yet widespread, so you should check within your local recycling center to see if they accept this kind of plastic, and the proper way to recycle. Also look for Gimme5 bins, available at most Whole Foods. If recycling is not available in your area, cap may be disposed of in your regular garbage bin.
How much to use in a standard and HE machine?
Use the image on the back label of the bottle for reference (the cap is not marked inside). A medium, or regular, load is 3/4 of an ounce, and for heavily soiled or large loads, they recommend a 1-ounce dose.
Seventh Generation Free & Clear Natural 4X Concentrated Laundry Detergent is formulated to be safe for your family and the environment. Seventh Generation's unique ingredient combination is a biodegradable alternative to conventional petroleum-based detergents and is non-toxic, hypoallergenic and non-irritating to skin.
- Plant-Derived Cleaning Agents - Low-foaming, stain removing power for use in HE and standard machines
- Water Softener - Removes water hardness to improve cleaning power
- Enzyme Soil Removers - Premium-performance protein and starch stain removers (blood, grass, wine)
Did You Know?
If every household in the U.S. replaced just one bottle of 100 oz. 2X concentrated petroleum-based laundry detergent with Seventh Generation's 100 oz. 2X concentrated plant-derived product, we could save 370,000 barrels of oil, enough to heat and cool 21,200 U.S. homes for a year!
Seventh Generation is committed to becoming the world's most trusted brand of authentic, safe and environmentally-responsible products for a healthy home. For 20 years, the closely held Burlington, Vermont-based company has been at the forefront of a cultural change in consumer behavior and business ethics. One of the country's first self-declared "socially responsible" companies, Seventh Generation is a business that operates according to a new and different set of principles and values that in many ways are a marked departure from those long considered "traditional." Its business practice is focused on offering people avenues to express their idealism, passion, and commitment to causes larger than themselves and every point along its supply chain, from suppliers and partners to shareholders, customers, and their own staff.
The company derives its name from the Great Law of the Iroquois that states "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the mext seven generations." Everytime you use a Seventh Generation product, you are making a difference by saving natural resources, reducing pollution, keeping toxic chemicals out of the environment and making the world a safer place for this and the next seven generations.
Seventh Generation Global Imperatives
- Restore the Environment: Restore is the next reduce, reuse, recycle. Seventh Generation is working to ensure that their products have a circular lifecycle, meaning natural resources are being used and renewed at a rate that is always below their rate of depletion.
- Inspire Conscious Consumption: Seventh Generation's focus is to inspire thoughtful consideration of each purchase—from the immediate impact of the products you buy (Is it safe? Is it gentle on the earth? Does it work?), to the broader impact throughout their lifecycle.
- Create a Just and Equitable World: Seventh Generation is committed to making sure that everyone their company interacts with—from the farmers who grow their lavender to the customers who use these products—are treated fairly and with respect.
Seventh Generation Operating Principles
- Systems Thinking: As suggested by The Great Law of the Iroquois, Seventh Generation strives to act with the knowledge that their business belongs to a larger system in which everything is interconnected, and that everything they do affects everything else.
- Radical Transparency: Seventh Generation believe that the best way to ensure that they live up to their aspirations is to be completely transparent about their business and product practices. You should expect to see all of their values and principles in everything they make, say, and do. It’s really that simple.
- Influence Beyond Their Size: Seventh Generation is determined to inspire others through innovation, education, and interaction. They proudly donate 10% of their profits to support organizations that work for positive change.