Ecover Ultra Non- Chlorine Laundry Liquid Bleach 64 oz. (1.89 L)
Ecover Laundry Bleach Non-Chlorine Liquid is based on plant and mineral ingredients using the power of nature. This little dynamo keeps whites bright and removes stains without harmful chlorine or phosphates. Ecover Ultra Non-Chlorine Liquid Bleach is a natural non-chlorine bleach to keep whites bright with no optical brighteners. Ultra Non-Chlorine Liquid Bleach works hard against stains on colorfast laundry and is suitable for top and front loading machines. In addition, Ecover Ultra Non-Chlorine Liquid Bleach is made with plant-based and mineral ingredients to guarantee fast and complete biodegradability, minimum impact on aquatic life, and safe for septic tanks. Ecover never tests on animals.
Ecover offers efficient and sustainable solutions for the hygienic needs of people today and future generations. It might sound idealistic. Heck, it definitely does, but they've been at this for over thirty years now, and still haven't lost sight of their guiding principles. Ecover thinks they keep the company young and focused: Respect, Integrity and Commitment.
Ecover knows these qualities aren't that unusual, or even exciting, for a person to strive towards. But, for a business to zero in on these traits, and keep them top of mind in all their choices, be they manufacturing, formulation, or beyond makes for a special sort of work-place. They're not keeping it internal though. Their vision extends outward, to contribute to creating economical, ecological and social change within society, for the future of everyone (you've got to dream big!).
Hats off to you for caring enough about the products you purchase to look this deeply into a company’s practices. It takes a lot of energy and time to sit down and dive in. You are obviously invested in the safety and wellbeing of your family and home. Ever wonder whose holding everyone accountable as they shout from the rooftops how “green” their products are or how “sustainable” a company really is? Chances are, if you’ve navigated to this page, you’ve wondered. They take these claims very seriously, and know that talking about these things without being able to concretely back them up, weakens the impact overall.
Which is why Ecover, long ago, created the Diamond Model. It's a list of thirteen criteria Ecover products must reach in order to meet sustainability ethos – the heart and soul of their decision making process. This model is validated by objective third party Vincotte Environmental. They help Ecover stay on track and stay true to what they set out to do, which is making great cleaning products!
Essentially, this is a lifestyle model for each product Ecover makes, with thirteen measurable characteristics falling under three phases. To give you a better understanding of their approach, below is an explanation of each phase and the criteria within.
- Phase 1, Extraction – which is how the ingredients are sourced and great formulations are created.
- Under the Extraction phase are the following three criteria: Renewable Resource, Green Chemistry and Resource Proximity.
- What this means is, whenever possible, Ecover sources the ingredients as close to their factories as possible. After all, it wouldn’t make sense to run all over the globe sourcing ingredients in the name of sustainability while simultaneously racking up the carbon footprint. They also make sure they’re not mining the earth for ingredients that aren’t renewable. Even if a potential ingredient would make for a powerful cleaner or is cheap to get, if that ingredient is at risk of depletion or takes eons to renew, they won’t use it.
- To round out this first phase, the science behind converting all those ingredients into cleaners uses green chemistry. They like to call this Clever Science. What it means is that they ensure the ingredients can be responsibly transformed into cleaners without creating a swarm of pollution during production.
- Phase 2, Consumption – this is where you come in; it comes down to how Ecover products work and what they do for you.
- These are the criteria for Phase 2: Primary Efficiency, Secondary Efficiency, and Consumer Safety.
- They’re sticking to their commitment to create great cleaning products, because what’s the point in buying “green cleaners” if they don’t work or you have to use twice as much to get the job done? To ensure truly effective cleaners, Ecover products undergo a series of performance evaluations and comparisons in on-site laboratories (mad scientist included). And of course, your well being comes first. Who needs harsh chemical fumes or residue in their home? Nobody. That’s why Vincotte Environmental checks to make sure they formulate products to be safe to use as well.
- Phase 3, Absorption – this is where Mother Nature gets a hand, ensuring Ecover doesn’t make pretty products that wreak havoc on the environment when they go back out into the world. Protecting waterways and aquatic life is a major priority at Ecover. Of course, each phase is important, but it’s pretty obvious from the number of criteria under this last phase that this is a sweet spot.
- Here they are: Aquatic Safety, Limited Aquatic Impact, Aerobically Degradable Ingredients, Anaerobically Degradable Surfactants, Phosphorous Absence, VOC Absence, Primary Packaging Optimization
- Whew, that’s a tall order! Did you think that your cleaning products just disappear once you pull the plug? They usually don’t. Since we all have to protect waterways just as much as we’ve got to do six loads of laundry or clean the dishes, Ecover creates products that disappear all the way and that do so quickly.
- They like to say, "do the dishes, not the fishes!" How they do it is by making sure their products quickly and completely biodegrade. They make sure the products need the minimal amount of water to become neutral again and that they have the lowest possible levels of volatile organic compounds.
- Lastly, they work tirelessly to find the best possible packaging options – what’s on the outside is a big deal when you’re talking plastics. That’s why they recently made the switch to 100% PlantPlastic that’s also 100% recyclable and renewable.