Bug Band - Deet Free Insect Repelling Band Family/Variety Pack - 4 Pack(s)
The Bug Band is the best choice for recreational and lighter-duty applications. BugBand is DEET FREE!
How Insect Replling Band works:
- The vapors from the plastic BugBand wristband form a protective shield around the immediate area, keeping insects a safe distance away.
- While many repellents are easily diluted or rinsed off with swimming or perspiration, the wristband just keeps working, up to 120 hours. It’s packaged in an innovative reusable plastic “pod” which can be used to store the wristband and can be sealed between uses to preserve the active life of the product.
- The plastic band is designed with a patented break-away strap that snaps if it becomes entangled.
- It can also be worn on belt loops, hatbands, pet collars, fastened in tents, attached to baby carriages or applied to other areas where insects could be a problem.
- Several wristbands can be strung together to create a longer band.
What is Geranol?
Savvy folks have been planting geraniums in their window boxes for centuries, using the natural properties of the flowers to repel bugs. Today, the hard data exists that proves that the use of geraniums is more than a tradition passed down from generation to generation. Geraniol, a powerful ingredient extracted from geranium oil through a unique refining process, does indeed provide a natural – and extremely effective – insect repellent.
According to laboratory and field studies by the University of Florida in Gainesville, Geraniol, the active ingredient in BugBand insect repellent, has been proven effective in repelling a wide variety of insects, including mosquitoes, house flies, stable flies, horn flies, cockroaches, fire ants, fleas, gnats, dog ticks, lone star ticks, and no-see-ums.
How does Geraniol Repel Insects?
Geraniol has a relatively high vapor pressure and gives off a dilute vapor into the air stream which acts as an area repellent. This helps repel insects before they land. The natural tendency of Geraniol to evaporate makes it work as the active ingredient in wristbands, plastic beads, and other BugBand repellent products. It also helps to improve the efficacy of liquid spray Geraniol BugBand repellents.