Branam Oral Health - Xylitol Tooth Gel for Babies and Toddlers All Natural Yum Yum Bubblegum - 4 oz. (113 g)
Branam Oral Health Xylitol Tooth Gel for Babies and Toddlers is safe to swallow. Branam Baby All-Natural Tooth Gel is recommended by dentists, pediatricians and pharmacists. Branam's naturally better formula has Xylitol to clean teeth and remove plaque. Xylitol is an all-natural ingredient found in the fibers of berries, vegetables and birch trees. Clinical studies show that Xylitol may reduce the risk of tooth decay.
- Made in the USA
- 100% All Natural
- For children 6 months - 4 years of age
- Developed by a Pediatric Dentist
- Enriched Xylitol formulation
- No Fluoride
- No SLS
- Safe to Swallow
Despite the vast improvement in dental health achieved through the use of fluoride, tooth decay continues to rise and is reaching epidemic proportions in one group - children under 6 years. This is a major cause of concern in many countries including the U.S. Decreasing children's sugar and starch intake and finding ways to stop tooth decay before it starts are critical priorities for dental professionals to help reverse this alarming trend. Xylitol is increasingly regarded as a powerful weapon in the fight to prevent early childhood tooth decay.
A natural cavity fighter
Xylitol is an all natural ingredient that is clinically proven to help reduce bacteria and fight tooth decay. Approved by the FDA in 1963 as a natural alternative to sugar, xylitol is a white crystalline powder that is odorless with a pleasant sweet taste. Found in natural sources such as corn, birch trees, fruits and vegetables, xylitol is also naturally produced in the body by metabolic activity.
First popularized in Europe as a safe sugar alternative for people with diabetes and hyperglycemia, xylitol has less impact on blood sugar than other sugars, and has only 9.6 calories per teaspoon (vs. 15 calories for regular sugar).
Clinically proven to help reduce and prevent tooth decay
In a 2006 American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry study, children whose mothers who chewed xylitol gum 3 months after delivery until their children were 2 years old had a 70% reduction in cavities compared to other groups. Studies have also shown that xylitol chewing gum can help prevent acute otitis media, the most common ear infection in children.
In the U.S., xylitol is approved as a direct food additive for use in foods for special dietary needs. Unlike fluoride, xylitol is safe for babies and toddlers to swallow, allowing it to be both an effective substitute and complement to fluoride in oral care products. The safety of xylitol has been proven in long term clinical studies and has been confirmed by all the major regulatory bodies worldwide.
How does Xylitol work?
Studies confirm xylitol's plaque-reducing effect and its role as a key inhibitor of cavity-causing bacteria. When bacteria enter the mouth, they attach themselves to a variety of sugar complexes. The molecular structure of xylitol and its ability to form many different sugar-like structures appears to interfere with bacteria's ability to adhere to tooth enamel. Research shows that xylitol seems to attract then “starve” bacteria, allowing the mouth to re-mineralize damaged teeth.
About Branam's Products - Frequently Asked Questions
What makes your products “natural”?
The majority of mass market dental products sold in the U.S. contain artificial additives, preservatives and dyes. Branam's natural oral care products are free of artificial additives and preservatives, dyes, harsh chemicals such as SLS, and petroleum by-products. All of their products are 100% flavored and colored with natural vegetable juices. We develop their products from the highest quality botanical and herbal ingredients found in nature, and commit to explore and follow the most sustainable practices in search of these ingredients.
What is xylitol?
Xylitol is an all natural sweetener that is clinically proven to help reduce bacteria and fight tooth decay. It also helps to ease dry mouth. Xylitol is naturally found in plants, fruits and vegetables and is also produced in the human body by metabolic activity. Branam's proprietary xylitol formulations work to eliminate the oral bacteria that cause plaque and gingivitis. While the FDA has approved xylitol for human consumption, it may be toxic for animals, so please remember to keep your toothpaste out of reach of pets!
Is fluoride safe for my kids? Why are your baby products fluoride-free?
Fluoride is the only cavity-prevention ingredient recognized by the American Dental Association and the FDA. Fluoride toothpastes and rinses are safe for adults and older children to use as directed on a daily basis. Swallowing fluoridated products is not recommended at any age, and can be harmful for children under 2 years. This is why all products in the Branam Baby range are fluoride-free. Branam recommend that you supervise your children when they brush and rinse, and teach them to spit, not swallow, fluoridated products.
What is SLS and why are your products SLS-free?
SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) is a very common foaming agent in mass marketed toothpastes. It is a highly effective but harsh chemical surfactant used commercially in the removal of oily stains and residues, and is found in high concentrations in industrial products such as engine degreasers, floor cleaners, and car wash soaps. SLS has been found to irritate sensitive mouth and gum tissue and cause canker sores. While many toothpaste manufacturers use SLS, they choose to accomplish the same goal with a safe natural ingredient, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, derived from coconut oil.
Why are your mouth rinses alcohol-free?
Saliva is your body's natural defense against cavity-causing bacteria and is essential for healthy teeth and gums. Because alcohol is an astringent that can restrict the flow of saliva and cause and aggravate dry mouth symptoms, it is not used in any of their products.
Are your products suitable for vegetarians? Do you test on animals?
Branam products have been researched, tested and manufactured to the highest ethical standards. Branam's products are 100% vegetarian/vegan.
Why is a Branam Ortho-Gibby Pacifier better for my baby than a conventional pacifier?
Conventional pacifiers can cause abnormal oral development and encourage tooth decay. The patented Branam Ortho-Gibby Pacifier promotes proper oral and jaw development while soothing your baby.
What “green” means to them.
At Branam, their green philosophy goes beyond the use of natural botanical ingredients in their products to embrace initiatives and practices that encourage sustainability in every aspect of their daily operations.
- Sustainably Harvested: All botanical and herbal ingredients in their formulas are cultivated using environmentally sustainable practices.
- No Artificial Ingredients: The majority of mass market dental products sold in the U.S. contain artificial additives, preservatives and dyes. All of their products are 100% flavored and colored with natural vegetable juices. Branam's commitment to the use of natural ingredients helps protect your family and the environment from the adverse effects of manufacture, use and disposal of artificial ingredients.
- Gentle and Kid-Friendly: Branam's oral care system does not contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), a very common ingredient in mass marketed toothpaste products. SLS is a highly effective but harsh chemical surfactant used commercially in the removal of oily stains and residues. The compound is found in high concentrations in industrial products including engine degreasers, floor cleaners, and car wash soaps. In household products, SLS is used in lower concentrations in toothpastes, shampoos and shaving foams. While many toothpaste manufacturers use SLS, they choose to accomplish the same goal with a safe natural ingredient, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, derived from coconut oil.
- Reduce and recycle: Branam has worked closely with their team of packaging design professionals to develop environmentally friendly packaging. All Branam mouth rinses come in recyclable plastic bottles (#1 PETE), and their toothpastes are sold in sealed tubes to eliminate packaging waste.
- Not tested on animals: Branam products have been researched, tested and manufactured to the highest ethical standards. Branam's products have earned the cruelty-free product seal from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
- Made in the USA: Every Branam product is proudly made in the USA and subject to the strict environmental and regulatory standards for manufacturing in the U.S. Branam's products are manufactured in facilities approved by the FDA for manufacturing over-the-counter pharmaceutical products. This ensures a consistent, safe, high quality product that you and your family can trust.
Why Branam is here
Tooth decay begins at birth. Despite advances in dental care and a general decline in tooth decay in the American population, the rate of tooth decay among children under 6 is continuing to rise and is now reaching epidemic proportions in the U.S.
The lack of early preventive care, an increasingly sugary diet, poor oral hygiene in children and ineffective mass market products are all to blame. But a lack of awareness among parents and caregivers about the causes and prevention of tooth decay – and the lack of tools to fight it – is the biggest obstacle in the fight against early childhood tooth decay.
In his 35 years in practice as one of the country's leading pediatric dentists, Dr. Steve Branam has seen the effects – and the causes – of early childhood tooth decay firsthand.
The accumulated knowledge and experience gained in Dr. Branam's practice and his passion for prevention was the driving force behind the creation of the Branam range of natural oral care products, and a company dedicated to providing parents with trusted resources to combat tooth decay.
Working hand-in-hand with a team of scientists, chemists and clinicians, the Branam products were developed to give parents safe, natural and highly effective tools to protect their children from tooth decay. With specialized formulas for every member of the family at every stage from babies to kids, teens and parents, Branam products help stop cavities before they start and reduce the decay rate for the entire family.
Healthy smiles for life. At Branam, they're here to make sure it's something every parent can give their child.