Nutricology Healthy Prostate & Ovary 180 Vegetarian Capsules
Nutricology Healthy Prostate & Ovary is a blend of Chinese and Vietnamese herbs that are traditionally known to be supportive in promoting the health of ovary, prostate, breast and other organs and tissues. It also may support detoxification, production of energy, and enhancement of the body's immune response mechanisms.
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) is a sweet tonic herb, native to northern Chinese highlands. Astragalus was classified as a superior herb in the ancient Chinese medicine treatise, Shen Nong Pen Tsao Ching. It is used traditionally as an adaptogenic herb with immune and tonic properties, and is considered cardiotonic. Its adaptogenic properties include increasing stamina, endurance and resistance to cold temperatures. Recent research may confirm that astragalus supports immune function, and support of blood sugar within normal levels. It contains flavonoids, polysaccharides, amino acids, trace minerals and triterpene glycosides such as the astragalosides I-VII.
- Water Plantain (Alisma plantago-aquatica) is found in the Far East and throughout Europe. Traditionally it has been used to support healthy blood flow, and blood lipids within normal levels. It enhances kidney and liver yin energy, and may help support hormones within normal levels.
- Crinum latifolium is a traditional Vietnamese herb used by royalty in ancient times to enhance longevity. Its active ingredients include alkaloids, amino acids, steroid saponins and antioxidants. It plays a role in cellular immunity, in the activation of T-lymphocytes. It also appears to support detoxification and healthy hormones within normal levels. It is currently used in Vietnam for a wide variety of health benefits, including support of ovary, uterine and prostate function.
- Bitter melon (Momordica charantia) is used as both food and medicine in the tropics. It possesses a variety of beneficial properties related to detoxification. Bitter melon is a kidney and liver yin tonic, used traditionally to support blood sugar within normal levels, and the immune system. Active ingredients include steroidal saponins, insulin-like peptides, alkaloids, and immune system proteins alpha-momorcharin and beta-momorcharin.
- Papaya (Carica papaya) originated in Central America, but now is found throughout the world. Many parts of the plant are used traditionally for food and medicine. Traditional healers in Indonesia use papaya leaves for animals after parturition. In Peru, the leaf tea is considered digestive and cardiotonic. The leaves contain alkaloids such as carpaine, flavonols, tannins and enzymes.
- Soursop (Annona muricata) is found throughout the American tropics. Traditional healers considered soursop leaf to be a nervine that could support heart and liver function and the mucous membranes. Modern research into soursop goes back to the 1940s, and researchers have isolated several hundred bioactive annonaceous acetogenins from soursop and other members of its species. Certain of these acetogenins are reported to selectively block transfer of ATP to intercellular P-glycoprotein mediated pumps, which are peculiar to the plasma membranes of some cells.
Quality and Innovation - The NutriCology Tradition
For more than thirty years, NutriCology has been known for the highest quality, most hypoallergenic, and most cutting-edge nutritional supplements available. Physicians and healthcare practitioners around the world depend on NutriCology for their patients' nutritional support. Originating with the ground-breaking oxidant/antioxidant work of Stephen Levine, Ph.D., NutriCology was one of the first to introduce truly hypoallergenic products to the market.
Superior Quality Control
Since 1979, NutriCology has used only the purest raw materials available, and has implemented strict quality control procedures in every stage of production, including inspection of raw materials, manufacturing, packaging, and storing. NutriCology is licensed by the California Department of Health Services, Food and Drug Branch, registration number 0021150.
Nutricology products are manufactured under the recognized principles of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), brought into final form by the FDA in June 2007. The GMP standards are applied to a wide variety of procedures associated with the manufacturing of dietary supplements, including receiving, testing, and approval of raw materials, production, and process controls, laboratory testing of labeled and packaged finished product, distribution control and accountability, and shelf life expiration testing to ensure freshness and potency.
For many years they have used the same manufacturers to produce their powder formulas, capsules, tablets, softgels, gels, and liquid products to ensure consistency. All of Nutricology's certified manufacturers meet or exceed cGMP requirements established by the FDA, as well as state and local regulations. In their facility in Alameda, California, highly trained staff bottle, label, and ship finished products. Their newly installed automatic bottling line has multiple built-in quality checks, such as weight verification and metal detection, to ensure all finished packaged products have the pre-determined physical count and are contaminant-free.
Unsurpassed Ingredient Quality
NutriCology uses only the purest and highest quality raw materials available. For example, they use only Nattokinase NSK-SD, the first nattokinase introduced into the US market, which has established standardization and quality levels for all other nattokinase. Their MicroChitosan contains small-size chitosan oligosaccharide, and Prima Uña de Gato contains TOA-free Cat's Claw.
Taber's Medical Dictionary defines "hypoallergenic" as: "Diminished potential for causing an allergic reaction". Nutricology defines hypoallergenic as "free of all common allergens", specifically, wheat, corn, soy, gluten, yeast, dairy, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, and peanuts. Many very sensitive individuals who react to supplements in general are able to tolerate NutriCology products.
Since their inception in 1979, Nutricology has used only the purest, and whenever possible, the lowest allergy potential natural ingredients. And while many of the nutrients in their formulas are synthesized from natural plant substances, which as a whole may contain antigens, the synthesizing process removes the molecules of the desired nutrient from the original substance, and in the processing, a great percentage of the antigens and allergens are left behind. The final material then has extremely low allergy potential. This is not to say that no one will react to any of these hypoallergenic formulas, as some extremely sensitive people may. However, the potential for an allergic reaction is low, and the feedback from many extremely allergic and sensitive customers is that NutriCology supplements are often the only products they are able to tolerate.
The FDA requires manufacturers to identify the presence of eight major food allergens on all product labels: milk, egg, fish, Crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans, as well as any ingredient derived from those foods. When an ingredient may have been derived from a common allergen, we are required by law to list that allergen on the label as a source of the ingredient, even if it does not contain any of the actual substance. For example, 100%-pure glucosamine sulfate does not contain any actual shellfish, but we are required to indicate the source material (shrimp, crab, lobster) on the label. NutriCology fully discloses all ingredients, both active and inactive on every product label, so doctors can make fully informed choices for their patients' nutritional support.