Buy Sequoia Fitness - MetaCal Body Fat Caliper - at LuckyVitamin.com
Sequoia Fitness - MetaCal Body Fat Caliper -
Item #: 76764
We're sorry, we no longer carry this item.
Check out these suggested similar and related items below. Happy shopping!
Sequoia Fitness - MetaCal Body Fat Caliper -
- Manufacturer:Sequoia Fitness
- Packaged Ship Weight:0.05
Sequoia Fitness MetalCal BodyFat Calipers are The Quickest and Cheapest way to measure Body Fat %.
MetaCal BodyFat Calipers are the low cost accurate alternative. You will not find a less expensive caliper! This body fat tester, in an earlier generation, was one of the first body fat calipers tested and approved by American Hospital Supply. Now, as times change, Sequoia Fitness is helping you change your body. MetaCal meets the Military Standard for Physical Readiness - can you?
MetaCal BodyFat Calipers come packed with a user manual including unique instructions to measure body fat % as well as measurement charts for males and measurement charts for females, ages 18-65. We used the 3-site Jackson Pollack body density equations for active adults to generate the results. A body fat % interpretation chart is available on line so you can see how you do relative to others.How does your MetaCal BodyFat Caliper compare to other skin calipers? Result of your 3-Site Measurement Charts
HOW TO USE THE METACAL® BODY FAT CALIPER TO MEASURE BODY FAT
We hope that you enjoy your MetaCal® body fat caliper. MetaCal® calipers are designed for individuals
and trainers alike. Its simplicity allows you to take a simple 3-site test to help determine body fat. You
may use the enclosed chart to get your body fat % or use the TONUS® Body Mass Calculator from
Sequoia Fitness Products USA for more detailed results. Note: If you are obese and have difficulty
grabbing a skinfold, it is recommended to use the Navy tape measure method available on
If you are familiar with body fat testing, there are only 4 simple steps:
1) Pinch your skinfold on the right side of your body with your left hand.
2) Use the caliper with your right hand, with your thumb on the PRESS button.
3) Align the arrows on the caliper arms and read the mm marking on the caliper.
4) Measure 3 sites and check the chart where age and mm (sum of 3 tests) meet.
1. First, get familiar with the MetaCal:
- a. Hold it in your right hand
- b. Place your thumb on the left side of the MetaCal®, next to PRESS
- c. Squeeze the arms together until the tips touch one another
- d. Align the two arrows together the unit will read 0 mm.
- 2. Note that all skinfold measurements are taken on the right side of the body, and standing upright
and relaxed. You will be taking a skinfold measurement at each of 3 sites different for men and
women as described below.
3. Place the caliper in your right hand.
4. With your fingers about 2-3 inches apart, gently grasp the first skinfold with the thumb and index
finger of your left hand. Then pull the skinfold away from your body.
5. With your right hand, place caliper tips over the skinfold 1 cm (about 1/2 inch) away from thumb
and finger, perpendicular to the skinfold. The caliper heads should be halfway between crest
(outermost part) and base of fold (closest to the body).
6. Gently begin to apply caliper pressure. Keep the fold elevated, and maintain the pinch with your
thumb and index finger - align the arrows on the caliper arms and let the caliper reading stabilize
for a second or 2.
7. Read and record the measurement to the nearest mm, if possible.
8. Repeat the procedure for the remaining 2 skinfold sites.
Note: it is good practice to repeat the procedure for each site. If the second reading is more than 1-2
mm apart from your first reading, take a third measurement. Record the average score of the closest 2
9. Add all 3 measurements together (one from each site).
10. Look at the measurement chart and and where your age and the sum of the 3 readings meet that
is your body fat %.
100%1 out of 1 reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.
Am excellent tool if you want to keep track of your body fat.I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!
Was this review helpful?YesNoThank you for your response.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.
5828 S. Fultow Way
About Sequoia Fitness
Mission statement our mission is to develop and market health, fitness, and exercise products that measure, encourage, and improve physical well-being of people of all ages. Sequoia fitness products USA is an international health and fitness product development company. Our products focuses on helping our customers achieve their fitness and weight or body fat goals. Collectively, our staff has over 50 years of experience in the design, manufacture, sales, and marketing of health, fitness, and medical devices. Most of our products are first tested in the bodybuilding industry, where the needs of elite athletes are extremely demanding.
*The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by LuckyVitamin.com or
the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your
physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not
use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other
treatment. You should consult with a health care professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program,
before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.