SUPER ANTI-CATABOLIC FORMULA Prolab Nutrition's BCAA PLUS is a high potency formula containing the essential amino acids L-Leucine, L-Valine and L-Isoleucine. These three protein sparing amino acids are known as branched chain. It is a well known fact that amino acids are responsible for protein synthesis, hence the nickname building blocks. Studies show BCAAs are important for muscle growth & recuperation. Muscle production depends on an increase in protein synthesis. BCAAs are converted to L-Alanine, an important source of muscle energy. This is done through a process called transamination, which is the transfer of amino groups into other amino acids. BCAAs may also be of benefit to you during extreme dieting by lessening the catabolic (breaking down) effect of muscle tissue. You can see why BCAAs are so important in your quest for muscle growth and recuperation. Your body can not manufacture its own BCAAs. They must be supplied through your diet. Do not short change your progress, use Prolab Nutrition's BCAA PLUS.
What are the key benefits of each ingredient?
- Leucine - Leucine helps with the growth and repair of muscle tissue, wound healing, and the regulation of blood-sugar levels as well as energy regulation.
- Isoleucine - Isoleucine, along with Leucine and Valine helps promote muscle recovery after physical exercise.
- Valine - Valine is needed for muscle repair and growth and maintaining nitrogen balance in the body.
- Vitamin B 6 - As A coenzyme, aids in the synthesis and metabolism of amino acids.
- Vitamin C - A water soluble antioxidant that protects against oxidative damage by free radicals.
Why would someone use this product?
To build muscle! Prolab® BCAA Plus are essential amino acids necessary for protein synthesis, muscle growth and recovery.†
How does it work?
When you train hard your body can start breaking down different sources of energy, including the very muscle tissue you are trying to build. Your body then needs to rebuild the muscle tissue. Prolab® BCAA Plus can help with both, by providing an energy source for muscles and by helping build and repair muscle tissue.
What are the key product claims?
- Responsible for protein synthesis
- Anti-Catabolic – helps prevent muscle tissue breakdown
- Important for muscle growth and recovery
- Helps maintain a healthy nitrogen balance