Contour Products BackMax Plus
Contour Products Back Max Plus is a 3-wedge body support system that can be arranged in multiple combinations to elevate specific regions or for total body support. Back-Max+ is 28 inches wide - perfect for bed top use, or larger people! It also includes an upgraded full-fleece, caramel colored cover, as well as a free fleece-covered pillow and a zippered vinyl carry and storage bag. Enjoy total body comfort and support 8 different ways! This 3-piece multi-functional wedge system provides complete back and body support! Arrange the ergonomically designed cushions in multiple configurations to suit your individual support needs. You can even recreate the zero-gravity position, placing your body at a 120-degree angle, one of the most relaxed positions for your body. Unique zippered connections allow full adjustability - just zip apart and use each cushion individually, or in any combination. This is not a medical device, and is intended only to improve comfort, posture and support. It is not intended to treat any medical conditions.
- Multi-functional full body support system helps create positions recommended for elevating all parts of the body, including upper body, legs and feet.
- Head and body elevation is often recommended after surgery and for specific ailments
- Can be used in bed or on the floor
- Perfect for watching television, napping or reading
- Unique, zippered design allows cushions to be used together or separately
- Ultimate comfort for back, hips, legs and feet
- Made from high-quality support foam
- Removable, washable cover
Back Max Positions
- Elevated Head
- Aids and comforts those who suffer from acid reflux, hietal hernia and indigestion
- Eases nasal congestion and relieves sinus pressure for those suffering from colds, asthma or allergies
- Great for those recovering from surgery
- Studies have shown that raising the head can minimize snoring
- 120-Degree Angle
- Places the body in a neutral position, the body's most relaxed state
- The heart and nervous system have to do the least amount of work, resulting in a reduction of physical stress on the body
- Elevates legs to the same level as the heart, easing circulation
- Elevated Legs & Knees
- Reduces edema and swelling
- Improves blood circulation
- Relieves strain and tension on the spine's lumbar curve
- Exercise and strengthen abs without low back pain. Use the wedges for support for your body
- Great to use when playing video games, reading, watching TV, eating, even working in bed or on the couch
- Arched position great for those who enjoy laying on their stomachs to read, sunbathe, exercise low back muscles, etc
- Helps new moms when nursing/feeding babies
Comfort & Relaxation
- Kick back and relax your mind, body and spirit in the most comfortable position possible
- Give your body the vacation it has been craving
- Meditate or take a nap
- Great to use when playing video games, reading, watching TV, eating or even working in bed or on the couch
- Arched Position: When lying on your stomach, the Contour Back-Max relieves strain and tension on the low back by allowing the spine to maintain its natural curve, so that back muscles relax
- Leg Elevation: Comforts and supports swollen legs and facilitates lower body circulation. The rounded edge gently supports the knees, allowing calf muscles to relax. Helps relieve pressure on the lower spine so that muscles can relax
- Leg Elevation with Foot Rest: Enjoy all of the same benefits offered with the leg elevation position but add the foot rest to elevate feet; comfort and support swollen geet.
- Upright Seated Position: Fold the three cushions into each other to form a back support wedge that follows the natural curve of your spine for superior comfort and support. Great position for reading, watching TV, eating, nursing, etc
- Elevated Head Position: Helps those who suffer from gastro-intestinal problems to rest and relax more comfortably. Doctors often recommend head elevation for those suffering from nasal congestion; it may allow them to rest more comfortbaly than they might be on a flat surface.
- Zero-Gravity Poistion: Places the body in a 120-Degree angled zero-stress zone to help relieve low back strain and tension, allowing muscles and ligaments in the lumbar region to relax. NASA Astronauts are seated in the zero-gravity position to minimize pressure on the body during lift-off.
The Back Max full set is made up of three separate pieces: The backrest, knee support and footrest that join by zippers. The pieces can be used individually or together in many ways to support your body. Now available as a 3-cushion full body support set, Torso Support back wedge cushion or the 2 Piece Leg Support wedge cushion set.
The Growing Sleep Solutions Market
Aches & Pains:
- Back Pain is the number one reason for sleep disturbances/insomnia
- Back Pain effects 8 out of 10 people, costing Americans over $15 billion per year; it is the 3rd most expensive disorder, after heart disease and cancer
- Neck Pain is the third most common type of pain for Americans, according to the NIHS; poor sleeping posture is often the culprit
- Shoulder pain prevalence in a given year is as high as 50% according to the NIH; half of those people miss work and seek medical treatment
The Age Wave
- Currently, over 100 million Americans are over the age of 50
- This number is projected to grow dramatically over the next 5 years
Growing Trend Toward Sleep Hygiene/Self Treatment
- Sleep is a $28 billion dollar a year industry with annual growth projected at 8.8% through 2012 - 58% of the US Population has some type of sleep disorder
- Economic realities force many Americans to work longer and maintain healthy lifestyles
- Health Care Reform will force Americans to take responsibility for their health
An in-house design team focuses on creating a constant flow of effective, innovative and useful items. They regularly partner with ergonomic and sleep experts within the medical field on new concepts. This aspect of Contour's business is what sets them apart from other organizations within the industry.
Contour Health Product Strengths:
- Direct access to end users provides invaluable feedback
- Internal product design team
- Proprietary innovations - Contour owns over 60 patents and trademarks registered in the US and 30 others abroad
- Award winning products
- Independent product testing
- National media placement
- Eye-catching packaging and artwork
- Number one brand in comfort and sleep category
Since the introduction of their first product in 1991, Contour has emerged as a worldwide distributor of unique, proprietary items and has become a recognized leader in the support and comfort category. Their products help to properly align the body for overall comfort and improved well-being.
Being comfortable isn't just an indulgence, it's a necessity to obtaining quality sleep and maintaining good health. Contour partners with physicians, chiropractors and sleep experts, and use customer feedback to develop the best products possible for the marketplace. They strive to provide the consumer with affordable, quality products rich in features that are often found only in higher-priced items.